FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > 2FA - when ?

2FA - when ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arc and Kama OP   Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

I asked year ago.

Our another friend reported to us hacked profile. We exchanged face photos and now we are worried about the privacy.

Stealing passwords is very common these days.

Can admin implement extra security?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *asterandGenieCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"I asked year ago.

Our another friend reported to us hacked profile. We exchanged face photos and now we are worried about the privacy.

"

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"I asked year ago.

"

Stealing passwords is a consequence of poor password security, in my opinion.

2fa would be a massive faff for me, for very little benefit.

Birmingham

"

"

Try imagine that some of the people here are still writing the passwords on the sticky note and keeping them next to the computer.

You will not educate a whole world, but you can make the site more secure.

Very little benefit?? Really? Are you worried that your partner will question you about fabswingers on the list in your google authenticator or a similar app ?

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"

Try imagine that some of the people here are still writing the passwords on the sticky note and keeping them next to the computer.

Very little benefit?? Really? Are you worried that your partner will question you about fabswingers on the list in your google authenticator or a similar app ?

"

The closest I have to a partner is the dog, and she can't read, plus is easily distracted by a frisbee. So, no not worried - my phone has no pass code on it, my laptop no password.

My point about being unconcerned is that there is nothing about my fab existence that can be cross referenced to my "real.life" - except my IP address. If someone's going to that length to identify me, then they've probably got enough info to bypass the 2Fa on my bank accounts, and being identified as a randy bugger is then the least of my worries.

That said, I wouldn't object to the option of 2FA being given, I just wouldn't want it to be mandatory.

By *atsPipsCouple  over a year ago

Kingston

+1

Birmingham

"

The closest I have to a partner is the dog, and she can't read, plus is easily distracted by a frisbee. So, no not worried - my phone has no pass code on it, my laptop no password.

My point about being unconcerned is that there is nothing about my fab existence that can be cross referenced to my "real.life" - except my IP address. If someone's going to that length to identify me, then they've probably got enough info to bypass the 2Fa on my bank accounts, and being identified as a randy bugger is then the least of my worries.

That said, I wouldn't object to the option of 2FA being given, I just wouldn't want it to be mandatory."

I'm not talking about “mandatory”.

Many people keep their face photos in private galleries. If you take over an account you have access to any place.

We exchange a face photos with the other people. So it is staying in their inbox. We do not want these people to be hacked (or us), because then our face photo can be linked with our profile.

Yes, I know someone can say “do not share”, “do not keep public photo” etc....

But following that, we can just delete our profile....

Yes, someone can say... Go and delete...

We want to be there. We want to exchange a face photo with the people we plan to meet... And we want to make sure that this site is safe.

We asked for 2fa option in the past but it was ignored by administration.

» Add a new message to this topic