FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Introductions

Introductions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *undo OP   Man  over a year ago

Nuneaton

Remove ability to message people you have not introduced yourself to, the introduction would be like a wink, except this wink would have a message attached, perhaps a short video clip, so people can get a feel for the person and not their text on a screen: this would remove some of the anxiety around new people and I'm sure it will please all the people on here who are inundated with messages which are clogging up messages they would rather read.

The user who receives the introduction can 'greet' or 'ignore', but they must respond so the person sending isn't left hanging, it is rude: it takes no time at all to respond this way. If greeted, the sender can message the user as normal for 24 hours, or perhaps customer lengths based on peoples preferences, to allow a 'friendship' to build and at this point they can added each other and viola.

I just finished a 10 hours shift, I don't feel like writing but I had the idea and figured I'd share it before I forgot it. So it's a bit 'Bluuurgh', but coherent, I think.

Fundo

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *idden Gem69Woman  over a year ago

north lanarkshire

So the person would still have to look at their profile and decide if they wanted to chat, whats different then to just sending a 1st message?

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

It is more hassle for the receiver as they would have to reply to every single intro message

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

Not responding to a message is most definitely not rude.

There is a very good reason why I don't reply to everyone.

As soon as I reply to a message even to say no thanks that person then bypasses all my filters should I choose to change or reset them.

And I would not be watching 50+ videos a day to see if I liked someone either.

A crap message is bad enough but having to watch a crap video too.... no thanks.

By *undo OP   Man  over a year ago

Nuneaton

"So the person would still have to look at their profile and decide if they wanted to chat, whats different then to just sending a 1st message? "

The introduction is all you would see, you could look at their profile if their intro piques your interest (that's a good addition). The intro would be a message, but one separate from your inbox; so messaging friends and arranging meets isn't mixed with all the other stuff you didn't want to receive. Think of a letter box on your front door that only let mail in because you added the sender to a list, but to get on that list they first had to say "Hello".

"It is more hassle for the receiver as they would have to reply to every single intro message"

You would go to a page, like you do with your winks, and all the received intros would be listed. Read/watch them, they will be one-offs, like scrolling through Tinder/TikTok.

After someone introduces themselves, that user would never be able to message that person again, if they declined; you're basically blocking people, but at least giving them a chance to introduce themselves which doesn't impact your normal social interfaces: like messaging friends.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So the person would still have to look at their profile and decide if they wanted to chat, whats different then to just sending a 1st message? "

This ^^^

By *idden Gem69Woman  over a year ago

north lanarkshire

"So the person would still have to look at their profile and decide if they wanted to chat, whats different then to just sending a 1st message?

The introduction is all you would see, you could look at their profile if their intro piques your interest (that's a good addition). The intro would be a message, but one separate from your inbox; so messaging friends and arranging meets isn't mixed with all the other stuff you didn't want to receive. Think of a letter box on your front door that only let mail in because you added the sender to a list, but to get on that list they first had to say "Hello".

It is more hassle for the receiver as they would have to reply to every single intro message

You would go to a page, like you do with your winks, and all the received intros would be listed. Read/watch them, they will be one-offs, like scrolling through Tinder/TikTok.

After someone introduces themselves, that user would never be able to message that person again, if they declined; you're basically blocking people, but at least giving them a chance to introduce themselves which doesn't impact your normal social interfaces: like messaging friends.

"

Too much hassle

By *itsAndTaffCouple  over a year ago

Grays, Essex

"So the person would still have to look at their profile and decide if they wanted to chat, whats different then to just sending a 1st message?

"

So basically you want people to have twice as many messsges to go through

People they've never corresponded with & people they have corresponded with

It makes no sense a message is a message your just making things extra complicated

As to the winks lots choose to ignore them, you're suggestion gives more work to the recipient if they have to do something with every wink/new wink

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Wiifm?

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Sounds like way too much hassle and I don't even get many messages.

Fab works fine just the way it is especially when it comes to first messages I find. I don't want to be getting introductory vids that I have to answer. Because quite simply if I don't like a profile I don't want to answer them.

» Add a new message to this topic