FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Remove option to not show verifications on proifle

Remove option to not show verifications on proifle

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *astersLBS OP   Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

What’s the point of verifications if we can just choose not to show it on our profile?

Surely the point of verifications is to help us find who is genuine but more importantly to help us avoid a bad situation?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *otwife.hunterMan  over a year ago

wales/south west

To let users no that you are verified .and to not let other who you have been with

Birmingham

"To let users no that you are verified .and to not let other who you have been with "

I get that. They just need a better system! I wonder how many negative verifications are hidden?

Maybe a system where negatives can be chosen and unable to be hidden with an overall percentage

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I don't display a lot of mine as don't want graphic ones. Also have a couple from people I've never met who tried to convince me we did.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"What’s the point of verifications if we can just choose not to show it on our profile?

Surely the point of verifications is to help us find who is genuine but more importantly to help us avoid a bad situation?"

Is someone with no verifications less genuine than someone who has them?

I think we'll run our profile how we choose, we'll allow others to do the same and simply ignore profiles that aren't what we're looking for.

Winston

Birmingham

"What’s the point of verifications if we can just choose not to show it on our profile?

Surely the point of verifications is to help us find who is genuine but more importantly to help us avoid a bad situation?

Is someone with no verifications less genuine than someone who has them?

I think we'll run our profile how we choose, we'll allow others to do the same and simply ignore profiles that aren't what we're looking for.

Winston "

Tbh no, people with no verifications just haven’t had the the opportunity to get verified yet and we all started there.

If We met a guy or a girl and they tried to persuade or force us in to bareback against our will.

So I then leave them a verification stating this and try to warn the wider community about this but then they can just hide it, who does this help?

99.9% of this community are probably nice and respectful but at the moment the way the system is setup it allows that 0.1 to hide.

By *ottom charlieMan  over a year ago

washington

Surely the point of verifications is to help us find who is genuine but more importantly to help us avoid a bad situation?"

maybe an option is for the site to show the last 3 or 4 veri's a person/couple have received from others that way you will be able to see when they had their last meet,,, a week ago a month ago or 3 years ago or just verified by phone or webcam

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

What you're suggesting may be open to abuse. If someone gets rejected for a meet they may get left a nasty verification and it would automatically show on their profile.

"What you're suggesting may be open to abuse. If someone gets rejected for a meet they may get left a nasty verification and it would automatically show on their profile. "

This......^

I suspect people don't use all due diligence and rely too much on nothing more than a verification to make their minds up about a profile.

Winston

Birmingham

"What you're suggesting may be open to abuse. If someone gets rejected for a meet they may get left a nasty verification and it would automatically show on their profile. "

Yeah I understand that.

If you have the messages where you rejected their meet then you can send it to admin and have it removed.

Birmingham

"What you're suggesting may be open to abuse. If someone gets rejected for a meet they may get left a nasty verification and it would automatically show on their profile.

This......^

I suspect people don't use all due diligence and rely too much on nothing more than a verification to make their minds up about a profile.

Winston

"

Well tbh we usually get to know people and let them know what we want and see if we’re compatible and want the same things.

To me a positive verification doesn’t mean much but I would really take a negative one in to consideration.

By *eviants In DefianceCouple  over a year ago

Maidstone

"To let users no that you are verified .and to not let other who you have been with

I get that. They just need a better system! I wonder how many negative verifications are hidden?

Maybe a system where negatives can be chosen and unable to be hidden with an overall percentage "

This sounds horrible. I don't want to be rated like a B&B

Pxx

Birmingham

"To let users no that you are verified .and to not let other who you have been with

Maybe a system where negatives can be chosen and unable to be hidden with an overall percentage

This sounds horrible. I don't want to be rated like a B&B

Pxx"

I can see how you would feel that way but I’m sure some of verifications are like a hotel review anyway.

It’s nice hearing everyone’s opinions on this though

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

The option to hide helps folk getting jealous and awkward questions like why not me and so on

"What you're suggesting may be open to abuse. If someone gets rejected for a meet they may get left a nasty verification and it would automatically show on their profile.

This......^

Winston

Well tbh we usually get to know people and let them know what we want and see if we’re compatible and want the same things.

To me a positive verification doesn’t mean much but I would really take a negative one in to consideration. "

I had a couple of negative veris on my SM profile, had no problem with them being public.

Winston

By *idden Gem69Woman  over a year ago

north lanarkshire

Its my page and my verifications i can do with them as i please... i have the green tick which shows im real, this is all that matters... noone has the right to automatically see any of my verifications

By *udeNTw1stedMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

The verification system on here isn't for leaving negative veri's.

So I would assume a negative veri could easily be removed by admin.

The veri system is generally used to give positive veri's.

It could easily be abused.

As an example.

People could have a meet. And even though it was great, If something happened after said meet that annoyed someone for whatever reason. They could easily make something up to make the other person look bad.

It would be one users word against the other. And to be frank, people would have to take sides on which person they believe. Without knowing the full story.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Plus does admin really have the time to go in and remove veris given by people who’ve been turned down etc.

It would require investigating and I doubt they have the resource.

» Add a new message to this topic