FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Ability for the OP to delete the thread

Ability for the OP to delete the thread

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *_Mr.K_x OP   Man  over a year ago

Worcestershire

If he/she/they see fit?

Sometimes you might initiate a topic, but then change your mind and rather than create a new one... be able to DELETE the topic or EDIT the title/subject?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"If he/she/they see fit?

Sometimes you might initiate a topic, but then change your mind and rather than create a new one... be able to DELETE the topic or EDIT the title/subject?"

Wouldn't it be more sensible to thoroughly think before making a decision on the subject

Worcestershire

"If he/she/they see fit?

Sometimes you might initiate a topic, but then change your mind and rather than create a new one... be able to DELETE the topic or EDIT the title/subject?

Wouldn't it be more sensible to thoroughly think before making a decision on the subject "

Yes, but sometimes the responses might lead you to a decision where you wished you could delete it

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"If he/she/they see fit?

Wouldn't it be more sensible to thoroughly think before making a decision on the subject

Yes, but sometimes the responses might lead you to a decision where you wished you could delete it"

Just post an advert for a rival site and admin will remove the thread

Worcestershire

"If he/she/they see fit?

Yes, but sometimes the responses might lead you to a decision where you wished you could delete it

Just post an advert for a rival site and admin will remove the thread "

Genius

By *rancois Du BoisMan  over a year ago

The wrong side of the tracks.

A dirty delete is a bit of a problem with this idea.

Say someone says something stupid or dangerous or offensive, they then get a lot of pushback. Then they delete the thread. The next time they want to start a ridiculous topic people can’t green arrow and see if they’ve been a numpty before!

Worcestershire

"A dirty delete is a bit of a problem with this idea.

Say someone says something stupid or dangerous or offensive, they then get a lot of pushback. Then they delete the thread. The next time they want to start a ridiculous topic people can’t green arrow and see if they’ve been a numpty before! "

Fair point

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I disagree, it would not be fun on the forum if thread OPs could just delete them willlynilly. It would not be in the spirit of forum.

Also it could lead to nasty threads being made briefly but long enough to cause mischief. Like name and shame threads. Currently if a members go against forum rules they can get a ban, if threads could be deleted by OPs, members could get away with saying all kinds of shit without fear of comeback from threads that have not yet been noticed by mods ect

"If he/she/they see fit?

Sometimes you might initiate a topic, but then change your mind and rather than create a new one... be able to DELETE the topic or EDIT the title/subject?"

Yes! I have a post up just now, for an Edinburgh social meet that I’m organising, spaces are full now, so it’d be good to be able to close it myself - I did initially think deleted but then I’d lose all the names of those interested who I may still need to contact

"If he/she/they see fit?

Just post an advert for a rival site and admin will remove the thread

Genius "

They’d remove the comment and give you a time out, and not one of those wafer chocolate covered biscuits either

» Add a new message to this topic