FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Photo verification

Photo verification

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Who thinks the site should go back to the point where all female and couples profiles should have to photo verify?

It seems worse than ever for fake profiles! X

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *idden Gem69Woman  over a year ago

north lanarkshire

Use the filters and block unverifieds

By *eandmrsjones69Couple  over a year ago

Middle England

Why rely on photo verification? A couple could have been photo verified but split up years ago.

We are not photo verified, but you can see we are a genuine couple from our verifications. Surely a recent meet or club visit is more relevant than a profile verified 5yrs ago or something.

"Use the filters and block unverifieds"

Yeah we do just still think it would cut down on the fakes

"Why rely on photo verification? A couple could have been photo verified but split up years ago.

We are not photo verified, but you can see we are a genuine couple from our verifications. Surely a recent meet or club visit is more relevant than a profile verified 5yrs ago or something."

Oh absolutely- but as I’m sure you are aware- some people will verify fake profiles too. Especially a single guys hoping it’s a genuine female he’s gonna get somewhere with

By *eandmrsjones69Couple  over a year ago

Middle England

"Why rely on photo verification? A couple could have been photo verified but split up years ago.

We are not photo verified, but you can see we are a genuine couple from our verifications. Surely a recent meet or club visit is more relevant than a profile verified 5yrs ago or something.

Oh absolutely- but as I’m sure you are aware- some people will verify fake profiles too. Especially a single guys hoping it’s a genuine female he’s gonna get somewhere with "

If people can go to such lengths to fake verifications why can't they get someone to pose for a photo?

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

There's loads of fake profiles that are photo verified and indeed meet verified. Though most of the meet ones are easy to spot.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Who thinks the site should go back to the point where all female and couples profiles should have to photo verify?

It seems worse than ever for fake profiles! X"

What about men? Why are you not including them in your suggestion.

Also I don't think it has ever been that females and couples have had to photo verify.

By *rFoxAndXenoCouple  over a year ago

Weymouth

"Who thinks the site should go back to the point where all female and couples profiles should have to photo verify?

Also I don't think it has ever been that females and couples have had to photo verify."

I couldn't use the site without verifying as a single female, or as part of a couple

By *elshcouple18Couple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Oh absolutely- but as I’m sure you are aware- some people will verify fake profiles too. Especially a single guys hoping it’s a genuine female he’s gonna get somewhere with "

we had a couple ask us to verify ourselves, by sending them a photo of us holding a piece of paper with their names written on it.. luckily, we weren't born twsterday and saw thru their dastardly plan. Oh, hi by the way..

By *elshcouple18Couple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Yesterday even..

By *ayd100Man  over a year ago

clitheroe

What are the rules on couple verification

By *izumonoWoman  over a year ago

Huddersfield

When I joined a few weeks ago, I HAD to get photo verified before I could even look in my inbox. That made me think it had been brought in since my last visit...but apparently not.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ive had to be photo verified on my single and couple account. It is only single men profiles that dont have to verify.

Also I don't think it has ever been that females and couples have had to photo verify."

Who’s gonna fake being a man? No benefit in that is there lol!

Oh absolutely- but as I’m sure you are aware- some people will verify fake profiles too. Especially a single guys hoping it’s a genuine female he’s gonna get somewhere with we had a couple ask us to verify ourselves, by sending them a photo of us holding a piece of paper with their names written on it.. luckily, we weren't born twsterday and saw thru their dastardly plan. Oh, hi by the way.. "

Hahhaha gotta admire their creativity though hahahah! Hi to you too! Xxx

"When I joined a few weeks ago, I HAD to get photo verified before I could even look in my inbox. That made me think it had been brought in since my last visit...but apparently not."

I think it’s random! But I think it should be like that! Protects all us genuine folk! Lol

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

It seems worse than ever for fake profiles! X"

Go back to?

I've been here since 2008 and never been photo verified.

A

Go back to?

A"

Yes go back to “the point”.

When we first joined a couple of years ago- you couldn’t access any site features until you were photo verified

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Go back to?

A

Yes go back to “the point”.

When we first joined a couple of years ago- you couldn’t access any site features until you were photo verified "

Never knew that was a thing.

And in 14 years I've seen plenty of fake photos being used to 'verify' someone is apparently real.

If someone really wants to set up a duff profile they'll find a way.

It's actually easier to spot a fake than many people think. Blokes sound daft putting on high pitched voices on the phone pretending to be women. A video call will show you if there's only one person in that couple. And 100% of men pretending to be women won't show up at a social meet.

If you trust everything you see online you're asking for trouble.

Abraham Lincoln said that in 1532.

A

By *izumonoWoman  over a year ago

Huddersfield

"When I joined a few weeks ago, I HAD to get photo verified before I could even look in my inbox. That made me think it had been brought in since my last visit...but apparently not.

I think it’s random! But I think it should be like that! Protects all us genuine folk! Lol "

Yeah I was quite glad of it when I thought it was a blanket approach.

Apart from it took around 6 hours rather than the advertised 1 hour and my rare free Friday evening went to waste

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

It isn't compulsory for everyone to PV and Admin say that isn't changing.

It isn't random if someone has to do a PV before they can use the site. It isn't just couples and females who may have to PV before they can use the site

If you use your filters you can block unverified people then the site will work for you how you want it to.

https://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters