FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Photo Approval & Rejection

Photo Approval & Rejection

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *reative_Edge OP   Man  over a year ago

Brighton / Hove Area

Has anyone else found a lack of consistency in the approval of photographs?

I follow all site rules regarding posting of Photos and sometimes they are accepted and sometimes they are rejected, with no measure of consistency.

Would anyone else want a 'Photographer Verification' ?

- clarifying that YES indeed this person knows how to use a camera and that all photos posted by them are genuine. Moreover any photos posted on other peoples profiles (people they have played with 'Verified') that the photographers profile name be embedded with in the photograph, thus clarifying that the photo is indeed genuine.

I enjoy taking photos and find it part of integral experience in this world of kink, sharing these photos is a way of describing ones physicality, attitude, sexual proclivities and general kinkiness. But when it is mitigated by in-consistent approval of photographs one has to question the photo approval moderation currently being applied on this site.

Isn't it high time the photo approval moderation gets a upgrade?

---------------------------------------------

Email sent to Site Owners:

I have an issue with the acceptance of photographs.

I work in media and know how to use a camera. All the photos i have ever posted are taken by me... please see my verifications.

There is no consistency regarding 'Approval' of photographs. Some are accepted and some are rejected, with no meter for measure.

I see people posting photos where photographs of their children in plain _iew (on the wall) in the background... I've seen photos where children's toys are present in the background. I've seen photos that are blatantly ripped from the internet (ok all be it not photo verified) I've seen photos of toys laid out on a bed, with no people present in the photo... etc.

The approval of photos seems to vary on who ever is moderating them when they are posted. I've said it before, but i think it is high time that 'Fab' has a verification for people who are known photographers.

Simply put - based on verifications, perhaps 3 verifications of 01. Yes this person took these photos (email of consent) 02. Yes we have met (meet verification) and 03. that a photo of participants together holding up user names on a piece of paper (like a couple, but not posted for the site, just to verify genuine) Perhaps after receiving 3 of these types of verifications a profile can be 'Photographer Verified' Icon of a Camera on their profile.

What do i need to do... get letters of consent / recommendations from those i have taken photos with while playing?

Please consider what i have written and reply with more then 'please see the photo rules'

Regards

Creative_Edge

NB: I'm going to post this email in the forum, to see if any other members feel this is an issue.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My Issue is much the same.It seems anyone can put a photo of anyone on here and it,s accepted as I have found that out through personal experience,one verified photograph of a young good looking Italian guy turned out to my horror to be a man well into his 60s and definately not Italian with a group of people watching in the background when I cammed with him.I have also seen pics of naked guys with pics of children in the background which I find utterly repugnant.Please double check these pics before you put them on these kinds of sites,regards Pinklips.

It is far from a foolproof system.

I managed to upload some sunrise landscape photography I had taken a few months ago!!

"Has anyone else found a lack of consistency in the approval of photographs?

I follow all site rules regarding posting of Photos and sometimes they are accepted and sometimes they are rejected, with no measure of consistency.

Would anyone else want a 'Photographer Verification' ?

- clarifying that YES indeed this person knows how to use a camera and that all photos posted by them are genuine. Moreover any photos posted on other peoples profiles (people they have played with 'Verified') that the photographers profile name be embedded with in the photograph, thus clarifying that the photo is indeed genuine.

I enjoy taking photos and find it part of integral experience in this world of kink, sharing these photos is a way of describing ones physicality, attitude, sexual proclivities and general kinkiness. But when it is mitigated by in-consistent approval of photographs one has to question the photo approval moderation currently being applied on this site.

Isn't it high time the photo approval moderation gets a upgrade?

---------------------------------------------

Email sent to Site Owners:

I have an issue with the acceptance of photographs.

I work in media and know how to use a camera. All the photos i have ever posted are taken by me... please see my verifications.

There is no consistency regarding 'Approval' of photographs. Some are accepted and some are rejected, with no meter for measure.

I see people posting photos where photographs of their children in plain _iew (on the wall) in the background... I've seen photos where children's toys are present in the background. I've seen photos that are blatantly ripped from the internet (ok all be it not photo verified) I've seen photos of toys laid out on a bed, with no people present in the photo... etc.

The approval of photos seems to vary on who ever is moderating them when they are posted. I've said it before, but i think it is high time that 'Fab' has a verification for people who are known photographers.

Simply put - based on verifications, perhaps 3 verifications of 01. Yes this person took these photos (email of consent) 02. Yes we have met (meet verification) and 03. that a photo of participants together holding up user names on a piece of paper (like a couple, but not posted for the site, just to verify genuine) Perhaps after receiving 3 of these types of verifications a profile can be 'Photographer Verified' Icon of a Camera on their profile.

What do i need to do... get letters of consent / recommendations from those i have taken photos with while playing?

Please consider what i have written and reply with more then 'please see the photo rules'

Regards

Creative_Edge

NB: I'm going to post this email in the forum, to see if any other members feel this is an issue.

"

I see where your frustration comes from - but i don't see there being a massive issue with getting photos submitted that have been taken playing with others.

Many of mine include those i've met - and many that i've met have chosen to post photos that I have taken for them (and often been in!) with no problems getting them approved.

By simply following the logical rules - i.e. hiding identities and visible tattoos/easily identifiable marks - there is no reason a picture should be rejected. Obviously if you're posting on your profile - you hide them. If they are posting on theirs - you (or they) adjust the photo to hide you!

As for the fakes and those blatantly ripped from the net - i've found dozens via tineye and reverse google image search - and simply reported them to admin. 9 times out of 10 the picture in question (and often the profile) vanishes.

Over complicating things will simply slow down the approval of pictures - and as for the worry about people posting out of date pics - if you're worried then ask to see them on cam - far harder to fake!

And as for allowing your details on others photos via watermark or other means - apart from a slight ego boost if others fab them - what would this really achieve?

By *eviousLiasonsCouple  over a year ago

Travelling

Not sure we understand your aim here? Are you saying you want permission to post photographs of other people, that do not have you in the photo, as long as you have their consent, to show off your photography skills?

Brighton / Hove Area

" Not sure we understand your aim here? Are you saying you want permission to post photographs of other people, that do not have you in the photo, as long as you have their consent, to show off your photography skills?

"

No i'm not suggesting that that i should be able to post photos of other people that i am not in... i follow the site rules regarding, protection of identity (face, tattoos, distinguishing features) I find that even when i have protected all that - the photo gets accepted sometimes and or rejected. What i am suggesting is that after a certain amount of verifications ( be it photo related) that it is acknowledged that photos by that Photographer be accepted on basis of consistency and legitimacy of the users over all meet verifications i.e. feed back. Is it wrong to want acknowledgement for something you created. If you want to call it showing off, by all means... i like to show off.

Rules are rules if you put up a pic of a single female on your profile with out you in it, it should be rejected even if you have permission as YOU are not in the pic ..... Like your 1st pic

,so im thinking ... you dont follow or no the rules

By *eviousLiasonsCouple  over a year ago

Travelling

" Not sure we understand your aim here? Are you saying you want permission to post photographs of other people, that do not have you in the photo, as long as you have their consent, to show off your photography skills?

No i'm not suggesting that that i should be able to post photos of other people that i am not in... i follow the site rules regarding, protection of identity (face, tattoos, distinguishing features) I find that even when i have protected all that - the photo gets accepted sometimes and or rejected. What i am suggesting is that after a certain amount of verifications ( be it photo related) that it is acknowledged that photos by that Photographer be accepted on basis of consistency and legitimacy of the users over all meet verifications i.e. feed back. Is it wrong to want acknowledgement for something you created. If you want to call it showing off, by all means... i like to show off."

Personally... we only watermark photos we post on photography websites.

No i'm not suggesting that that i should be able to post photos of other people that i am not in... i follow the site rules regarding, protection of identity (face, tattoos, distinguishing features) I find that even when i have protected all that - the photo gets accepted sometimes and or rejected. What i am suggesting is that after a certain amount of verifications ( be it photo related) that it is acknowledged that photos by that Photographer be accepted on basis of consistency and legitimacy of the users over all meet verifications i.e. feed back. Is it wrong to want acknowledgement for something you created. If you want to call it showing off, by all means... i like to show off."

Yes - I think it is wrong. For example one of your pics currently is split in two - and the left half contains a single, solitary woman.

Profile pics are meant to give others an opportunity to _iew the profile owner - not see how good/bad/indifferent they are with a camera. If people wish you to take photos for them for use on their own profile then thats fine. But having pictures of others on yours without you being in them serves no purpose but to illustrate that you may have at some point met that person - and will only lead to more accusations of simply downloading random photos from the internet.

If people want to see your work - whats wrong with emailing pictures to them?

Brighton / Hove Area

"Rules are rules if you put up a pic of a single female on your profile with out you in it, it should be rejected even if you have permission as YOU are not in the pic ..... Like your 1st pic

,so im thinking ... you dont follow or no the rules "

If you look at the photo it is split into two photographs which where taken the same night. The one on the left is her on her, admittedly, the one on the right is her with me. The photos where taken as a series. I wouldn't post the photo of her on her own by her self as that would be against the rules. Moreover her identity is protected... i don't see how i am violating any rules, by applying artistic license.

"Rules are rules if you put up a pic of a single female on your profile with out you in it, it should be rejected even if you have permission as YOU are not in the pic ..... Like your 1st pic

,so im thinking ... you dont follow or no the rules

If you look at the photo it is split into two photographs which where taken the same night. The one on the left is her on her, admittedly, the one on the right is her with me. The photos where taken as a series. I wouldn't post the photo of her on her own by her self as that would be against the rules. Moreover her identity is protected... i don't see how i am violating any rules, by applying artistic license.

"

Attatching two pictures together - one containing someone else on their own is quite obviously violating the rules - whether you have her consent or not. Unless of course your profile changes to a couples one with her as the other party.

Sticking two pics together is hardly 'artistic licence'.

I can see its split in two BUT on 1 half there is a female by herself like you say ( its against rules) why not crop it like every body else does

Brighton / Hove Area

"I can see its split in two BUT on 1 half there is a female by herself like you say ( its against rules) why not crop it like every body else does "

OK so then by that judgement all photos have to be one photo and can't be a montage in any form. I've seen loads of photos where it has been split into multiple parts.

My point is in-consitency over all on the site!

"I can see its split in two BUT on 1 half there is a female by herself like you say ( its against rules) why not crop it like every body else does

OK so then by that judgement all photos have to be one photo and can't be a montage in any form. I've seen loads of photos where it has been split into multiple parts.

My point is in-consitency over all on the site!"

Split photos/montages are fine - so long as they contain the profile owner in each part - with or without others, and if others are present they cannot be identified.

The rules aren't rocket science surely?

ours are fake

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think "known photographers" shouldn't have any special treatment regarding photo rules as it wouldn't be fair on the rest of us.

If you see any photo's that break pic rules it isn't to do with inconsistancy, it is to do with a pic mod making a mistake.

REPORT the pics you see that break rules and Admin will re_iew.

I luckily have taken pics of others at parties with consent..I cant use many of the pics on my profile..I deal with that by sending them the pics(or to the hosts of the party, if I cant contact the other people via fab)- not had any probs with that...yeahh, I'd like to show off...but heyho I'll stick to the rules.

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

As my other post on photo rules says, I do think pic rules need to be clarified.

Including those who have a single profile, I do not think that a playmate should be included. (Sorry to piss on people's chips) but some single profiles take it too far.

For example, a single male profile, with the tip of his cock in the mouth of a female, with just her eyes blanked out defeats the object of a single male profile. The same as a single female with a big cock about to insert into her foof, when it is mainly the cock showing rather than the ladies foof.

I understand that pic mods have a hard task, but sometimes it appears they dont care and just click on accept when it should be rejected.

I have reported pics which were removed, to find them uploaded and in the most fab'dpics 2 days later.

Surely if a pic has been removed before some sort of warning should appear to the pic mods????

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

So what makes 'photgraphers' so special?

I thought this was a swinging site not a photographers' showcase?

If there is indeed inconsistecy, as you say, 'across the site' then at least across the site implies the inconsistency is consistent

"As my other post on photo rules says, I do think pic rules need to be clarified.

Including those who have a single profile, I do not think that a playmate should be included. (Sorry to piss on people's chips) but some single profiles take it too far.

For example, a single male profile, with the tip of his cock in the mouth of a female, with just her eyes blanked out defeats the object of a single male profile. The same as a single female with a big cock about to insert into her foof, when it is mainly the cock showing rather than the ladies foof.

I understand that pic mods have a hard task, but sometimes it appears they dont care and just click on accept when it should be rejected.

I have reported pics which were removed, to find them uploaded and in the most fab'dpics 2 days later.

Surely if a pic has been removed before some sort of warning should appear to the pic mods????"

For example, a single male profile, with the tip of his cock in the mouth of a female, with just her eyes blanked out defeats the object of a single male profile... why shud it? its his cock and you carnt see her full face, he met her so why not show it on his profile ... he not breaking any rules same goes for single females and tip cocks on pussy.. the way you looking at it we not allowed any pics with a female in (if you a single male)or a female in a pic (if you a single fem)if they have takin the pic while on a meet sure thats is clarified....

"As my other post on photo rules says, I do think pic rules need to be clarified.

Surely if a pic has been removed before some sort of warning should appear to the pic mods????"

I'm afraid I completely disagree.My profile reflects my activities and my interests.Its there to get the interests of others who have the same interests as me.If we had a single only rule in pics..the site would be filled with generic pics of cocks and fannys.And why should a couple have more right than me to express my sexuality and freedoms withing a sexual site?

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

The verification of images is very important on a site like this and I think the site owners/admin have this right.

While you may be able to use a camera etc.. other may wish to put pictures of others on the site that they have stollen from other websites!

I can see why the images must show the profiles owner in them, again other wise I could just upload images of anyone on the internet. The point about a bed full of dildos, shoes..etc..and the profile owner not being in the images is an historical one! They are now banned but (I think) it was allowed in the early days of the site.

Cheshire and London

what do others think of a system as follows.

Perhaps when you upload an image, a moderation could be sent to the other persons profile so they could allow this to be put on your profile. The image would then be passed on to the image mods to make sure everything was ok with the image and that the other person had modded the image OK.

The other person in the image could also remove the permission at anytime in the future, the image would then be deleted. But again I would also want the original profile member to be shown in the image.

Just an idea, could be a pain for the site owners to implement. I personally like the system as is, it may not be perfect, but is working for most of the site membership.

I think if a single account has a picture with someone they met they should be able to upload it as long as the single person(owner of profile) is also in it.

I don't agree with photo verification for photographers, that is unfair to everyone else.

Surely simplest solution would be to allow to tag the photo, so whoever is in it, also gets a copy which they can choose to display or not on their profile.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

if your pic is rejected, contact admin... they look fairly and over rule where appropriate.

although I will say, I have given up reporting pics where a tiny strip is placed on a woman face whilst she is devouring a headless cock.

Cheshire and London

"I think if a single account has a picture with someone they met they should be able to upload it as long as the single person(owner of profile) is also in it.

"

Problem is how does the image mod know you have permission to show them on your profile?

How do image mods know if you met person a or b?

No use saying those who have verified you or not, as some people don't like to show verifications?

All our pics that show others, are in our friends ONLY gallery, they show H playing without the need to show others the faces of others she has played with, why would anyone _iewing our profile want to see the faces/tattoos etc of those we have played with?

"I think if a single account has a picture with someone they met they should be able to upload it as long as the single person(owner of profile) is also in it.

Problem is how does the image mod know you have permission to show them on your profile?

No use saying those who have verified you or not, as some people don't like to show verifications?

All our pics that show others, are in our friends ONLY gallery, they show H playing without the need to show others the faces of others she has played with, why would anyone _iewing our profile want to see the faces/tattoos etc of those we have played with?"

By creating the tag option, admin can pend approval until person also in pic has confirmed the tag request. They can then decide whether pic goes in public, friends, private, or not on their profile at all.

Cheshire and London

All our pics that show others, are in our friends ONLY gallery, they show H playing without the need to show others the faces of others she has played with, why would anyone _iewing our profile want to see the faces/tattoos etc of those we have played with?

By creating the tag option, admin can pend approval until person also in pic has confirmed the tag request. They can then decide whether pic goes in public, friends, private, or not on their profile at all. "

So much the same as I said earlier?

But as I also said implementing this may not be too easy. The site already has loads of members who appear to be happy with the Status Quo in regard to this.. and admin may have other prorities with regard to other ideas/requests to add value to the site!

Surely if a pic has been removed before some sort of warning should appear to the pic mods????

For example, a single male profile, with the tip of his cock in the mouth of a female, with just her eyes blanked out defeats the object of a single male profile... why shud it? its his cock and you carnt see her full face, he met her so why not show it on his profile ... he not breaking any rules same goes for single females and tip cocks on pussy.. the way you looking at it we not allowed any pics with a female in (if you a single male)or a female in a pic (if you a single fem)if they have takin the pic while on a meet sure thats is clarified.... "

Sorry, what I meant didn't come across right.

What I meant was that, sure put pics up of meets etc but make them balanced, so its not just, for example, a woman with her boobs covered in cum. and only have that one shot as a public pic.

Also, as others have mentioned, how do admin/pic mods actually know the other people involved have given their permission?

My original point was the pic rules are very grey and far from black and white as I think they could be.

"

I'm afraid I completely disagree.My profile reflects my activities and my interests.Its there to get the interests of others who have the same interests as me.If we had a single only rule in pics..the site would be filled with generic pics of cocks and fannys.And why should a couple have more right than me to express my sexuality and freedoms withing a sexual site?"

You're right, I didn't express my opinion clearly.

For your interests, (and I do love your pics) I think your pics do show more of your talent, BUT you have pics of yourself up and in those pics too.

My points were when it was just the pic of the wrong person or more of the meet than the actual profile owner as in a slight glimpse at the tip of his cock for instance, or his cum on a woman.

My other point was the consent issue.

Hope that makes sense, it makes sense in my brain but cant get the right wording to my fingers

By *_n_JCouple  over a year ago

between Sheffield and Doncaster

Just throwing another question into the pot re the approval issue...

What happens if the photos are tagged and these people aren't on Fab?

There's no temptation for us to meet singles who predominatly have photos of the opposite sex on their profile

"

I'm afraid I completely disagree.My profile reflects my activities and my interests.Its there to get the interests of others who have the same interests as me.If we had a single only rule in pics..the site would be filled with generic pics of cocks and fannys.And why should a couple have more right than me to express my sexuality and freedoms withing a sexual site?

You're right, I didn't express my opinion clearly.

For your interests, (and I do love your pics) I think your pics do show more of your talent, BUT you have pics of yourself up and in those pics too.

My points were when it was just the pic of the wrong person or more of the meet than the actual profile owner as in a slight glimpse at the tip of his cock for instance, or his cum on a woman.

My other point was the consent issue.

Hope that makes sense, it makes sense in my brain but cant get the right wording to my fingers "

awww ya sweety...get ur lips round my cock for a pic! xxxxxxxxxx

"

awww ya sweety...get ur lips round my cock for a pic! xxxxxxxxxx"

think thats all Im good for for today xx

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

thank you