FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Filtering & Profile Security

Filtering & Profile Security

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *redGinger2016 OP   Couple  over a year ago

nearby

Well we would pay for this as an option for enhanced site supporters.

We will never meet bi, gay men or TV TS..... just not our thing. We can currently message filter block ALL men which is something we suppose.

However, What we would like to have the option to do is filter out of profile from all searches from people who fall into the above groups. The purpose of this is so that they could never see our profile at all ( general improvement in security by restricting our online presence to ONLY those whose we might actually want to meet) or message us wasting our time.

We all know that people can easily screen capture photos and text from fab, so doesn't restricting that risk to just those you might want to meet make sense ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *udeNTw1stedMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Not sure I get what you mean with this.

You can keep pictures to friends only so then only people you allow to be friends with you would see them.

The part I don't understand really is when you say about screen capture and text.

What risk do you mean? Because someone who falls into your preferences but you aren't theirs could do exactly what you describe or am I missing the point here?

The filters as they are do a good job. The best advice I could give is keep pictures to friends only or private. And also don't put anything in text on your profile that would make you personally identifiable.

By *redGinger2016 OP   Couple  over a year ago

nearby

Why do you want people viewing your data who you have no intention of meeting them because they are not what you are looking for?

We would pay for extra filtering capability effectively blocking our profile to only those we would be interested in. Its all about choice

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Well we would pay for this as an option for enhanced site supporters.

We will never meet bi, gay men or TV TS..... just not our thing. We can currently message filter block ALL men which is something we suppose.

However, What we would like to have the option to do is filter out of profile from all searches from people who fall into the above groups. The purpose of this is so that they could never see our profile at all ( general improvement in security by restricting our online presence to ONLY those whose we might actually want to meet) or message us wasting our time.

We all know that people can easily screen capture photos and text from fab, so doesn't restricting that risk to just those you might want to meet make sense ?"

No it doesn't not make sense.

You can already filter block TVs and TS, I have not seen ANY gay men on here in the 8 years I have been on here. (Gay men are on Fabguys). So that just leaves Bi men who I would suggest you block at the point of them messaging you.

Also men will often say they are straight to evade message filters when they are liking a bit of sausage action in reality..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Why do you want people viewing your data who you have no intention of meeting them because they are not what you are looking for?

We would pay for extra filtering capability effectively blocking our profile to only those we would be interested in. Its all about choice

"

You choose to be on a public adult site, yet complain people can view your profile.

Hide your profile and search yourselves.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

I agree plus what's the point having near me when it's showing others whom don't match my profile preferences (it should only be showing those who do but it's showing guys and other preferences...

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

always in the kitchen at parties

"Well we would pay for this as an option for enhanced site supporters.

We all know that people can easily screen capture photos and text from fab, so doesn't restricting that risk to just those you might want to meet make sense ?"

Sounds like homophobia, transphobia and Bi phobia all wrapped up in a spurious data protection smoke screen.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Why do you want people viewing your data who you have no intention of meeting them because they are not what you are looking for?

"

It's the internet - your data is basically out there. Why do you think some people are more of a threat to your security than others, on the basis of gender?

» Add a new message to this topic