FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Reduce the number of badly behaved people

Reduce the number of badly behaved people

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *zzieBob OP   Man  over a year ago

Golborne, Warrington

I've not been on here long, but from what I can see as a major problem is the number of guys who are just rude... sometimes abusive.

All women I've spoken to have stories to tell about jerks who don't take no for an answer and seemingly think that insulting people is acceptible.

What about a modification that counted the number of times a user is blocked in the last 30 days? If it goes over a certain theshold, then they get auto-banned for a week.

Obviously you'd need to set said threshold carefully and maybe have an appeal process.

But I don't see it as being difficult to code and it might stop people being jerks to one another.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

Golborne, Warrington

Also maybe ask for a reason for each block. That way you could count blocks for being rude, and ignore blocks for "not my type" or similar.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Probably too open to abuse. What if you asked all your fab friends to block me and report it as bad behaviour even if I've never interacted with them?

Golborne, Warrington

Fair point. I'm just trying to come up with a way to reduce the number of neanderthals on here

By *r FunFrolicks86Man  over a year ago

close to Peterborough

"I've not been on here long, but from what I can see as a major problem is the number of guys who are just rude... sometimes abusive.

All women I've spoken to have stories to tell about jerks who don't take no for an answer and seemingly think that insulting people is acceptible.

What about a modification that counted the number of times a user is blocked in the last 30 days? If it goes over a certain theshold, then they get auto-banned for a week.

Obviously you'd need to set said threshold carefully and maybe have an appeal process.

But I don't see it as being difficult to code and it might stop people being jerks to one another."

Another fault with this idea is like me a few people use the block option not because someone has done anything wrong but have said they are not interested so I block them just so that I know not to bother them again

By *idden Gem69Woman  over a year ago

north lanarkshire

People block for various reason.. i block when I don't like to see certain pics

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

To be honest they will just create another profile and start all over again.

It’s easier just to block and forget.

Also it’s not just guys who send abuse. Other genders are guilty as well and couples are equally as bad.

You learn to grow immune to it over time sadly.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Apart from the obvious increase in admin work it would make the block button isn't just used when people are badly behaved.

A good and effective way of limiting messages of any type is to use mail filters and only contact people you're genuinely interested in