FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Make the site more genuine

Make the site more genuine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *realthing OP   Man  over a year ago

Essex

Now I’m no web developer but,

Who agrees a good idea for this site would be, when you sign up, EVERYONE has to verify with admin. And be approved. This would mean a face pic and holding up your username (as you do to verify currently).

It makes me uneasy to upload face photos knowing joe bloggs could sign up as any gender they wish, with no photo and view everyone’s profiles.

Surely something could be done to avoid fake non genuine people.

Or even an option to just hide your prolife from

Non verified people.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"Now I’m no web developer but,

Who agrees a good idea for this site would be, when you sign up, EVERYONE has to verify with admin. And be approved. This would mean a face pic and holding up your username (as you do to verify currently).

It makes me uneasy to upload face photos knowing joe bloggs could sign up as any gender they wish, with no photo and view everyone’s profiles.

Non verified people. "

the options are all in settings you can hide from non verified etc

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

" the options are all in settings you can hide from non verified etc "

You can hide from non members, and you can make it so non verified can't message you, but they can still view your profile unless it's hidden to all.

By *p4funWellyMan  over a year ago

K' town

As been mentioned, it's all there in the settings, face pic for friends only or private, non verified can't message you ect ect

By *idden Gem69Woman  over a year ago

north lanarkshire

Nah, just block unverifieds if you dont want to meet them

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

As mentioned above its all within settings photo verified, new members and so on

Essex

" the options are all in settings you can hide from non verified etc

You can hide from non members, and you can make it so non verified can't message you, but they can still view your profile unless it's hidden to all."

Exactly this….

So anyone can still join the site and view profiles unless you block everyone

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You can hide from non members, and you can make it so non verified can't message you, but they can still view your profile unless it's hidden to all.

Exactly this….

So anyone can still join the site and view profiles unless you block everyone "

What is the concern that a member may view your profile?

What's the difference, of only viewing, whether they are photo verified or not?

Genuine questions.

By *ainieCouple  over a year ago

Holmfirth and Sheffield.

Not only that anyone can copy pics and use them for whatever purpose!

K' town

Exactly this….

So anyone can still join the site and view profiles unless you block everyone "

Keep your face pic to private

Essex

Exactly this….

Genuine questions. "

My concern Is being recognised by someone who signs up for “a laugh” and has no interest in the scene whatsoever.

If the site was only genuine people who have a genuine interest in the swinging scene I’d feel more comfortable.

K' town

Exactly this….

Genuine questions.

My concern Is being recognised by someone who signs up for “a laugh” and has no interest in the scene whatsoever.

If the site was only genuine people who have a genuine interest in the swinging scene I’d feel more comfortable. "

It's the risk you take everytime you post a pic online, a paid up member who is actually a swinger may recognise you too.

By *eandmrsjones69Couple  over a year ago

Middle England

Why not just save your face photos as private?

Personally think photo verification is way over rated as a catch all. We are genuine. We go to clubs and meet real people.

Essex

Exactly this….

Genuine questions.

If the site was only genuine people who have a genuine interest in the swinging scene I’d feel more comfortable.

It's the risk you take everytime you post a pic online, a paid up member who is actually a swinger may recognise you too. "

I’d be ok with that. We’d both have common ground.

Maybe I’m just paranoid. But I feel it’s the train you don’t get many faces on profiles.

Essex

"Why not just save your face photos as private?

Personally think photo verification is way over rated as a catch all. We are genuine. We go to clubs and meet real people."

They are saved as private. But that defeats the object.

Middle England

"Why not just save your face photos as private?

Personally think photo verification is way over rated as a catch all. We are genuine. We go to clubs and meet real people.

They are saved as private. But that defeats the object. "

Surely that helps you control who sees them, if you want to be that careful. You either want people to see them or you don't.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Often discussed, a very large number of users have said that they'd not use fab, if they had to be photo verified.

I think the onus is on each of us to take responsibility for our results here and not to assume undue confidence, from verifications, etc.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

How come some members are forced to photo verify or can't access the site when some single women who are quite obviously men get away with it for years ?

What's the algorithm?

Middle England

I think verifications, when first introduced, where thought of as a panacea to identify genuine verses fake profiles. As ever, the reality is it doesn't pan out that way. No system is foolproof.

Personally they might be a tool to assist but wouldn't solely rely on them and anyone that does is likely, at some stage, to be disappointed.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Exactly this….

Genuine questions.

If the site was only genuine people who have a genuine interest in the swinging scene I’d feel more comfortable. "

Define a 'genuine swinger' ?

We can usually spot them easily. They post verifications regularly, they're active on the forums, they visit swinging clubs, they engage with others in a courteous and positive way.

And generally they don't seem to have any issues with the site, getting meets or suffer from being duped by all the so called 'fakes' on site.

It's weird that to me it's often the people that appear to be struggling to get attention and actually meet people are the ones most vocal about supposed 'issues' with the site.

I'd say that 'genuine swingers' probably know better than to engage with long standing unverified profiles, those new to the site to avoid those joining up just for kicks, and that they realise that the exchange of face pics is part and parcel of online communication.

Forcing people to verify upon joining won't be the solution you seek. Other sites do that and fall prey to catfish and fakes just as much as those that don't.

A

Fab has started to make photo verification compulsory for some users. When I returned to the site after a break, I was unable to complete setting up a profile until I'd photo verified

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

Exactly this….

Genuine questions.

I'm not sure that compulsory face pictures os indicative of people being genuine?

"

Define a 'genuine swinger' ?

We can usually spot them easily. They post verifications regularly, they're active on the forums, they visit swinging clubs, they engage with others in a courteous and positive way.

And generally they don't seem to have any issues with the site, getting meets or suffer from being duped by all the so called 'fakes' on site.

It's weird that to me it's often the people that appear to be struggling to get attention and actually meet people are the ones most vocal about supposed 'issues' with the site.

I'd say that 'genuine swingers' probably know better than to engage with long standing unverified profiles, those new to the site to avoid those joining up just for kicks, and that they realise that the exchange of face pics is part and parcel of online communication.

Forcing people to verify upon joining won't be the solution you seek. Other sites do that and fall prey to catfish and fakes just as much as those that don't.

A"

Hallelujah!

A perfect summarisation.

It doesn’t take rocket science to use the site correctly.

By *astle321Man  over a year ago

pershore

I've never got my head around verification. Admin don't know me from Adam so all it proves is that I am male or female (or a couple)

I had figured that it was just in place to prevent men pretending to be women

Essex

My point of the thread as gone over a few people heads…..

I never mentioned ‘issue’ and I never quoted ‘genuine swinger’.

Straight away you’re assuming it’s not getting attention I want. It’s Far from the truth.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"My point of the thread as gone over a few people heads…..

I never mentioned ‘issue’ and I never quoted ‘genuine swinger’.

Straight away you’re assuming it’s not getting attention I want. It’s Far from the truth. "

Being photo verified does not prove a profile is genuine.

Winston

By *udeNTw1stedMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

I think what people are getting at is you mention the word "genuine" a few times.

The site provides everyone the tools to avoid who they don't want to speak to via message filters.

And as for pictures, you could upload them as private or friends only.

That way you have control as to who would see them.

The search function also allows you to filter out non veirifed profiles so you wouldn't see them either.

The tools are there for us all to use. Use the site as you see fit and it will work for you.

Exactly this….

Genuine questions.

Why would a photo verification prove anything though?

Genuine Swingers aren't necessarily discreet.

Essex

Exactly this….

Genuine questions.

Genuine Swingers aren't necessarily discreet."

Surely if a a woman profile is set up and the photo to verify is of a guy….. admin won’t approve?

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Exactly this….

Genuine questions.

Surely if a a woman profile is set up and the photo to verify is of a guy….. admin won’t approve? "

We've never bothered getting photo verified.

Pretty sure we're genuinely, genuine, real people who like everyone else started out with a new unverified profile.

How hard would it be for someone to get a friend to hold a piece of paper? Or knock something up in photoshop or any one of dozens of phone apps? If it's easy enough to swap faces via a free app it's more than easy enough to fool a volunteer photo mod.

Common sense and realistic expectations are far more effective tools than any 'verification' process.

A

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

Exactly this….

Genuine questions.

Surely if a a woman profile is set up and the photo to verify is of a guy….. admin won’t approve? "

How can they refuse if the man identifies as a woman ?

By *exleypeteMan  over a year ago

bexleyheath

"Nah, just block unverifieds if you dont want to meet them"

That's the best option

By *ReakingBEdCouple  over a year ago

boston

Non verified people. "

Won't work when the site allows single profiles to be made they then photo verify then change to a couple and the photo verify still shows on profile without having to re verify

By *r FunFrolicks86Man  over a year ago

close to Peterborough

Non verified people. "

You could do all that but it still wouldn't necessarily make it any safer for you to upload face pics, some people are still assholes even with heavily verified profiles,

mine and my wifes first profile had face pics on show, someone we used to be friends with years ago spotted it then screenshot it and sent it around the local pubs, we know exactly who it was and there profile is 100% genuine.

By *nakecat75Woman  over a year ago

lichfeld

Hello

K' town

"Hello "

Hello

Exactly this….

Genuine questions.

Someone signing up for a laugh, could still photo verify themselves and leave their face pic off their profile.

I'm not sure this is the answer to being recognised.

By *glyBettyTV/TS  over a year ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

"What is the concern that a member may view your profile?

Genuine questions. "

A lot of phishing profiles are generated with great frequency.

There also stalkers and people who you blocked before trying to access your profile with new accounts.

Yes, believe it or not there's really people on here and elsewhere who have nothing better to do with their time than look at porn pictures on the Internet, and are just sat at home making new profiles everyday.

» Add a new message to this topic