FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Separate categories for TV and TS

Separate categories for TV and TS

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone else think there should be separate categories for this across the whole website? Searches and profile labels?

They are very different titles and it seems silly having them together.

Just a thought anyway and I’m sure an easy solution.

Have a good one peeps!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Sorry i ment to add CD as well in to this.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You’re venturing down a well trodden road with this.

If you do a forum search you’ll see what I mean.

Unfortunately most of the threads go south very quickly

By *issalignedTV/TS  over a year ago

London

By *glyBettyTV/TS  over a year ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

This seems to be a thread topic which gets made every few weeks...

Here's a question : is this slightly outdated categorising of the T-somethings, an issue for more users of the site than for example, the swathes of single men pretending to be a couple, or men calling themselves "straight" in their profiles when they are clearly not straight at all?

Just putting that out there

By *ndrew2023Man  over a year ago

Redditch

One thing I do think that there needs to be, is a clearer definition of what it is to be categorised as a TV/TS, as opposed to being a man or woman.

I don't want to tell anyone what to call themselves, but there are some men on here dieing their hair blue & taking a pic whilst using a mans ejaculate to moisturise their goatee & thinking that's enough to be calling themselves a TV/TS.

Literally putting in less effort than a hpw, besides some waffle on their bio about being "gender fluid" (which let's be real, likely has nothing to do with gender fluidity and more to do with getting around filters that block single men)

If the category of TV/TS is so meaningless that you can just call yourself that on site without any evidence on your profile that you're either of those, then how can anyone complain when single men pretend to be couples?

Maybe they're just being "relationship fluid" and are choosing to identify as being one half of a couple rather than a single man. Good god almighty.

By *arry HornhillMan  over a year ago

Outside Belfast

It should definitely be updated because isn't transexual an outdated term now?

Transgender is surely the correct term

By *rFoxAndXenoCouple  over a year ago

Weymouth

"One thing I do think that there needs to be, is a clearer definition of what it is to be categorised as a TV/TS, as opposed to being a man or woman.

I don't want to tell anyone what to call themselves, but there are some men on here dieing their hair blue & taking a pic whilst using a mans ejaculate to moisturise their goatee & thinking that's enough to be calling themselves a TV/TS.

Literally putting in less effort than a hpw, besides some waffle on their bio about being "gender fluid" (which let's be real, likely has nothing to do with gender fluidity and more to do with getting around filters that block single men)

If the category of TV/TS is so meaningless that you can just call yourself that on site without any evidence on your profile that you're either of those, then how can anyone complain when single men pretend to be couples?

Maybe they're just being "relationship fluid" and are choosing to identify as being one half of a couple rather than a single man. Good god almighty.

"

"One thing I do think that there needs to be, is a clearer definition of what it is to be categorised as a TV/TS, as opposed to being a man or woman.

"

"

There is already very clear definitions between Transgender and TV/Crossdresser.

"There is already very clear definitions between Transgender and TV/Crossdresser."

That's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about, for the purposes of profile categorization on this site, the difference between the "man", "woman" & "TV/TS" designations.

If you venture further down this feedback sub-forum you'll see what I mean.

"There is already very clear definitions between Transgender and TV/Crossdresser.

That's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about, for the purposes of profile categorization on this site, the difference between the "man", "woman" & "TV/TS" designations.

If you venture further down this feedback sub-forum you'll see what I mean. "

You're totally right I see what you mean, sorry bleary eyed this morning! Yes for the purpose of site users, they could add a definition when creating an account to help people understand which would be best for them.

By *ustABaldBeardedVikingMan  over a year ago

Hinckley

This should be a thing, but unfortunately the swinging world appears to be transphobic.

I've been on and off this website for years (in spite of this profile being newish).

Anyway, it's been discussed to death forever but never implemented -- probably because they make enough money already and the motivation isn't there.

"I've been on and off this website for years (in spite of this profile being newish).

Anyway, it's been discussed to death forever but never implemented -- probably because they make enough money already and the motivation isn't there."

Exactly that!

By *iAbbyTV/TS  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Seperate categories please

By *inky couple m fMan  over a year ago

swansea

Big difference between them offensive to bundle them up together

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 03/02/23 18:49:58]

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

How far do we split categories of genders? Next step would be we should have pre-op TS, how far should the site go? Do we want fat men, slim men, men with IQ over 130, women who are menopausal, women pre menopause, women who work.... The list goes on and on. No offence meant to anyone just trying to make a point.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"Seperate categories please"
absolutely not

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"How far do we split categories of genders? Next step would be we should have pre-op TS, how far should the site go? Do we want fat men, slim men, men with IQ over 130, women who are menopausal, women pre menopause, women who work.... The list goes on and on. No offence meant to anyone just trying to make a point. "
the TV /Ts group is, already a minority group. Why dissect it even more.

"How far do we split categories of genders? Next step would be we should have pre-op TS, how far should the site go? Do we want fat men, slim men, men with IQ over 130, women who are menopausal, women pre menopause, women who work.... The list goes on and on. No offence meant to anyone just trying to make a point. the TV /Ts group is, already a minority group. Why dissect it even more. "

Because believe it or not, we don't all fit under the same category and just because YOU don't want something doesn't mean others aren't allowed it ask for it.

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

stockport

If people started actually reading profiles then a label shouldn't be of great debate on here.

By *ice_pair69Couple  over a year ago

Cambs

"If people started actually reading profiles then a label shouldn't be of great debate on here."

Agree.

Most have fallen in to the ‘lazy culture ‘ and demand life laid out on a platter.

One would assume on a dating app things would be different.

But here when you search ,you can see TV/TS or if it’s not that you read the profile !

Stop being lazy I say.

You go to a restaurant and read the menus and choose what is too your liking

Your not forced to eat what you don’t want

Separation is not an ideal. Diversity is a good thing and I'm all in favour for us "human beings" to share universal site under the same umbrella. It's a simple case of us all showing respect no matter what gender, etc. happen to be their choice of preferences in what makes them feel happy. I guess, what I'm trying to say is it's ok to be different, I like different, after all we are all unique are we not. Simply embrace and learn to respect one another. Make use of filters if against but learn to be compassionate. It's late and I'm feeling tired so please excuse my being upset in but seeing yet another thread like this requesting and or believing segregation is an ideal.

"Separation is not an ideal. Diversity is a good thing and I'm all in favour for us "human beings" to share universal site under the same umbrella. It's a simple case of us all showing respect no matter what gender, etc. happen to be their choice of preferences in what makes them feel happy. I guess, what I'm trying to say is it's ok to be different, I like different, after all we are all unique are we not. Simply embrace and learn to respect one another. Make use of filters if against but learn to be compassionate. It's late and I'm feeling tired so please excuse my being upset in but seeing yet another thread like this requesting and or believing segregation is an ideal. "

But transvestites and transexuals are not the same thing.

Someone who goes to great lengths to live fully as the opposite sex is not the same as someone who dresses up for the sake of a fetish.

Could anyone imagine removing the male and female categories on the grounds of segregation?

"the TV /Ts group is, already a minority group. Why dissect it even more. "
TVs are typically men in drag who dress for fetishistic reasons -- very few people are fulltime crossdressers.

However, transexuals are typically men or women who live out their lives as the opposite sex to which they were born; they have surgery, take hormones and go to extraordinary lengths to achieve that goal.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"the TV /Ts group is, already a minority group. Why dissect it even more. TVs are typically men in drag who dress for fetishistic reasons -- very few people are fulltime crossdressers.

However, transexuals are typically men or women who live out their lives as the opposite sex to which they were born; they have surgery, take hormones and go to extraordinary lengths to achieve that goal."

Should they not be catergorised in the gender they are transitioning to. Where would the cut off point be between the 2 categories be. Who and how would the categories be policed?

"Should they not be catergorised in the gender they are transitioning to. Where would the cut off point be between the 2 categories be. Who and how would the categories be policed? "

Perhaps, and of course this is always tricky -- like, at what stage should a TS just be classed a woman?

Self honesty is key of course, but you (mosty) only have to read a profile to tell whether someone is genuinely trans or acting out on a crossdressing fetish.

By *issalignedTV/TS  over a year ago

London

stockport

Obviously you read a profile before you start labelling people and making trashy remarks.

By *smith46Man  over a year ago

Wrexham

I don't think its an issue when talking about TV's. In my experience TV's are very honest about their situation.

However, issues arise when someone has transitioned fully into another gender.

There are some who, because they only see themselves as the gender they've become, would not state that they used to be anything other.

What's the problem, you may ask.

Well, at the end of the day (and this will likely earn me some flack), if you're a straight man, you want a female. Someone who has transitioned to a female isn't the same, no matter what surgery they've gone through.

Biology says they're male.

I respect that, legally speaking, you can be whatever gender you decide to be, but you can't change your biology.

"Obviously you read a profile before you start labelling people and making trashy remarks."

Yes, but when you perform a search you're given a list of results -- in order to filter those results you need to look at every individual profile.

It would be easier for all if there was some way to automate or simplify that process, like separate categories...

stockport

Use the old basic search which has filters.

"Yes, but when you perform a search you're given a list of results -- in order to filter those results you need to look at every individual profile.

It would be easier for all if there was some way to automate or simplify that process, like separate categories..."

That can be said for all categories, you get a list of results relating to your search request. Is scrolling through search results that much of a chore?

Easy solution, if you don't like what you see move on, if you are really that bothered, block that profile so it won't show up again. Also, as already suggested use filters.

I don't think the classifications are going to change anytime soon,rightly or wrongly but thats how it is at this time so why not make best of the situation before everyone is labelled as a 'them' to appease all.

"Yes, but when you perform a search you're given a list of results -- in order to filter those results you need to look at every individual profile."

But you do not need to selectively filter out men from women.

Crossdressers and transvestites on this website are predominantly men.

However, transexuals have a condition called gender dysphoria -- they go to great lengths to live opposite to the sex they were born. They have surgery, take hormones and often aim to fully transition. Most genuinely transgender people live fulltime as the gender they present.

They are poles apart, and it's transphobic to consider male crossdressers to be in the same league.

With the current system, it's like sticking oranges in the same category as potatoes.

stockport

The trans community is not restricted to transexuals so attempting to create a division is nothing short of divisive and typical of the trolls on this site who continually raise this subject

"The trans community is not restricted to transexuals so attempting to create a division is nothing short of divisive and typical of the trolls on this site who continually raise this subject "

The trans 'community' is awash with all kinds of fringe ideas about pronouns and whatnot -- what's wrong with people speaking for themselves instead of identifying with a hive mind?

Also, this is not the trans community anyway, it's an independent swinging website.

stockport

Well MM you aren't the fountain of all knowledge just another keyboard warrior .

I'm not 'warring' with anyone, just stating an opinion that you disagree with.

stockport

I think that admin should ban this subject being resurrected on a regular basis as it just panders to trolls who simply want to wind people up.Does that sound like you MM?

"I think that admin should ban this subject being resurrected on a regular basis as it just panders to trolls who simply want to wind people up.Does that sound like you MM?"

Not really. Expressing an opinion isn't trolling and joining a thread is optional.

I'm critical of ideas and implementation of current systems, but I have not personally attacked anyone.

Trolling, as far as I am aware, is about posting deliberately unkind material for the sake of a reaction, but as far as I can tell, this is just a conversation that you are personally offended by.

If you are upset by my opinions , well it's nothing personal.

stockport

You are entitled to your opinion MM but this subject has been done to death and it's about time it was left alone.Nothing you say will make admin further divide any categories so frankly your just blowing a lot of hot air.

» Add a new message to this topic