FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Proper emoji support

Proper emoji support

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heBlowins OP   Couple  over a year ago

West Cork

Dear lord wouldn't it be nice to have proper emoji and gif support on Fab

And while we're at it, threaded comments, realtime loading, and post reactions.. ya know.. like any modern app

I know this has been mentioned before in that site feedback forum but worth a rant every once in awhile

Keep classy y'all

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Follow your

West Cork

"Follow your "

Modern is overrated.

By *ustardChuckerMan  over a year ago

Exetershire

It's a website not an app.

It's used by a small percentage of the site - 80/20 rule says they should do bugger all as it won't achieve much

West Cork

"Modern is overrated."

Oh for sure in some instances..

Don't get me wrong.. I have plenty of nostalgia for the pre and early internet days but some features are just quality of life improvements.

West Cork

"It's a website not an app.

It's used by a small percentage of the site - 80/20 rule says they should do bugger all as it won't achieve much "

Semantics.. a website is a web application. A mobile app is a native application. There's no real difference - they use the same code standards and often the same, if not very similar languages.

I don't expect fab to change anything but I can still have a gripe about it from time to time

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Why? The very early 2000’s feel is obviously very dear to the owners heart

West Cork

"Why? The very early 2000’s feel is obviously very dear to the owners heart "

Fair enough.. clearly preaching to the wrong audience here

Don't have a

There is a certain joy to finding a new emoji though that we wouldnt get if they were all there at our fingertips. Where's the hunt, the thrill.

A beaver would be nice though.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

GIFs are really annoying, we'd just end up with threads full of them and no actual conversation.

West Cork

"There is a certain joy to finding a new emoji though that we wouldnt get if they were all there at our fingertips. Where's the hunt, the thrill.

"

Interesting! I knew of a few here and there but there may be loads more?? Ok this did just get more fun..

(bear) (mario) ... Dammit

"There is a certain joy to finding a new emoji though that we wouldnt get if they were all there at our fingertips. Where's the hunt, the thrill.

Interesting! I knew of a few here and there but there may be loads more?? Ok this did just get more fun..

(bear) (mario) ... Dammit "

There is a big long list of them somewhere

West Cork

There is a big long list of them somewhere "

I must do some sleuthing (detective)

(levitating businessman)

I'll get there eventually

(levitating businessman)

I'll get there eventually "

I like the old school approach now I’ve got used to it, makes me feel 30 again…

West Cork

(levitating businessman)

"

Nice! (star)

West Cork

(levitating businessman)

Nice! (star)"

Lolll amazing

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

;-)

West Cork

"

;-)

"

Absolute legend! Thanks!

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"Modern is overrated.

Oh for sure in some instances..

Don't get me wrong.. I have plenty of nostalgia for the pre and early internet days but some features are just quality of life improvements. "

Emojis and Gifs really are quality of life improvements.

I can't go a day without a Gif or a smiley face.

Winston

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"Dear lord wouldn't it be nice to have proper emoji and gif support on Fab

And while we're at it, threaded comments, realtime loading, and post reactions.. ya know.. like any modern app

I know this has been mentioned before in that site feedback forum but worth a rant every once in awhile

Keep classy y'all "

Just out of curiosity, what are, threaded comments, realtime loading and post reactions?

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

(levitating businessman)

I'll get there eventually "

Here, have a detective:

West Cork

"Dear lord wouldn't it be nice to have proper emoji and gif support on Fab

Keep classy y'all

Just out of curiosity, what are, threaded comments, realtime loading and post reactions?"

Threaded comments = replying to a specific comment gets nested in its own sub-conversation (thread). Still visible from the main thread but keeps things a bit tidier than the reply+quote method

Realtime loading = being able to load new thread comments without having to refresh the entire page

Post reactions = applying an emoji reaction to a specific comment without needing to reply+quote the entire comment

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"

Just out of curiosity, what are, threaded comments, realtime loading and post reactions?

Threaded comments = replying to a specific comment gets nested in its own sub-conversation (thread). Still visible from the main thread but keeps things a bit tidier than the reply+quote method

Realtime loading = being able to load new thread comments without having to refresh the entire page

Post reactions = applying an emoji reaction to a specific comment without needing to reply+quote the entire comment"

The first thing sounds like it will just make things harder to follow, having conversations within conversations.

The second thing I don’t really get, I don’t refresh the page in order to post a new comment.

The last thing I can and often do anyway. If a post is long and I want to respond to a specific bit of it then I discard the rest.

FAB is the only social media I am on so I am unfamiliar with how other sites work.

This seems to work fine.

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I think we totally need it ????

By the way, does any lady want me to stick my ?? in their ??

West Cork

"

Post reactions = applying an emoji reaction to a specific comment without needing to reply+quote the entire comment

The first thing sounds like it will just make things harder to follow, having conversations within conversations.

The second thing I don’t really get, I don’t refresh the page in order to post a new comment.

The last thing I can and often do anyway. If a post is long and I want to respond to a specific bit of it then I discard the rest.

FAB is the only social media I am on so I am unfamiliar with how other sites work.

This seems to work fine. "

Fair enough and to each their own-

The current system doesn't play well with my ADHD but I agree it technically works- I just crave more organization. Fab's UI is legitimately more disorganized than the features I've mentioned.

Probably a bit of a generational/experience difference here - I have a tech background and have been working with computers for 25 years so some of the improvements I've mentioned actually help me - not just a moan for the sake of "progress" rant

West Cork

"I think we totally need it ????

By the way, does any lady want me to stick my ?? in their ??"

My man Joe keeping it ??

"

;-)

Absolute legend! Thanks!"

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

"GIFs are really annoying, we'd just end up with threads full of them and no actual conversation. "

I couldn't agree more. It would degrade the quality of the discussions and ruin the spirit of the forum.

North West

"GIFs are really annoying, we'd just end up with threads full of them and no actual conversation.

I couldn't agree more. It would degrade the quality of the discussions and ruin the spirit of the forum. †"

Do you need a ?

West Cork

"GIFs are really annoying, we'd just end up with threads full of them and no actual conversation.

I couldn't agree more. It would degrade the quality of the discussions and ruin the spirit of the forum. †"

Fair assumption - In my experience, this issue often doesn't happen elsewhere where gifs are supported. People over the age of 20 generally don't gifbomb a thread

Derby

I couldn't agree more. It would degrade the quality of the discussions and ruin the spirit of the forum.

Fair assumption - In my experience, this issue often doesn't happen elsewhere where gifs are supported. People over the age of 20 generally don't gifbomb a thread "

You've clearly not seen the average mental age of those on Fab

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

Fair assumption - In my experience, this issue often doesn't happen elsewhere where gifs are supported. People over the age of 20 generally don't gifbomb a thread

You've clearly not seen the average mental age of those on Fab"

It's the GIF that keeps on giving.

West Cork

Fair point lol

North West

The youth of today, how cheeky! *Shakes fist*

West Cork

The youth of today, how cheeky! *Shakes fist* "

[Angry grandpa Simpson gif]

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

;-)

Absolute legend! Thanks!

"

You forgot

Slightly different to and I only found out it existed.

Still waiting for (massiveboner) (popcorn) and (wizardssleeve)

A

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

No gifs or the threads will be unbearable to scroll through.

This isn't Facebook.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

The youth of today, how cheeky! *Shakes fist*

[Angry grandpa Simpson gif] "

That works for me

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"No gifs or the threads will be unbearable to scroll through.

This isn't Facebook. "

Exactly this. ^^^^^

Winston

Derby

This isn't Facebook.

Exactly this. ^^^^^

Winston "

And the Fab servers would literally explode

By *ustardChuckerMan  over a year ago

Exetershire

"

Semantics.. a website is a web application. A mobile app is a native application. There's no real difference - they use the same code standards and often the same, if not very similar languages.

I don't expect fab to change anything but I can still have a gripe about it from time to time "

Other than being wrong, yes you can have a gripe but given how it won't change anything, the question is, should you?

"Why? The very early 2000’s feel is obviously very dear to the owners heart "

Love this. Using Fab I am often reminded of my FaceParty days. Good times (on both counts)

North West

This isn't Facebook.

Exactly this. ^^^^^

Winston

And the Fab servers would literally explode "

I think the Fab servers are actually two tea trays, like the sort Mrs Overall used to carry

West Cork

"

I don't expect fab to change anything but I can still have a gripe about it from time to time

Other than being wrong, yes you can have a gripe but given how it won't change anything, the question is, should you?"

I should and I shall

» Add a new message to this topic