FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > The ability to @ people in a forum

The ability to @ people in a forum

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ungMarried2020 OP   Man  over a year ago

Halifax

It would be great to be able to @ people in a forum then they get a notification.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ulieAndBeefCouple  over a year ago

Manchester-ish

I might've agreed with you but I saw your thread in the lounge which has persuaded me it's actually a very bad idea. If every thirsty bloke starts @ing the women they fancy but can't message the whole forum would become a nightmare.

J

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I can't see site owners adding a feature that enables users to breach forum rules.

When you are composing a post to the forum, you will note a reminder of some of the forum rules, one of which being 'Do not use the forum to try and contact people who have BLOCKED you' - this of course includes anyone whose message filters prevent you from contacting them directly

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

You have already shown with your other post how this would be abused so no thanks.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's possible to contact people directly if their filters allow. I can't see that this would be useful unless the filter extended to that feature too.

Halifax

"I might've agreed with you but I saw your thread in the lounge which has persuaded me it's actually a very bad idea. If every thirsty bloke starts @ing the women they fancy but can't message the whole forum would become a nightmare.

J"

How very presumptuous. I was simply offering a compliment. If I don’t meet the criteria of an individual then I don’t attempt to message them, don’t tar us all with the same brush.

On the topic in question the technology would certainly need to honour the existing message filters - I.e you cannot @ someone who doesn’t want to receive messages from you.

Halifax

"I can't see site owners adding a feature that enables users to breach forum rules.

When you are composing a post to the forum, you will note a reminder of some of the forum rules, one of which being 'Do not use the forum to try and contact people who have BLOCKED you' - this of course includes anyone whose message filters prevent you from contacting them directly"

I should add the technology can certainly allow the message filters and blocks to be honoured.

Halifax

"You have already shown with your other post how this would be abused so no thanks. "

Again presumptuous and taring us all with the same brush.

Halifax

"It's possible to contact people directly if their filters allow. I can't see that this would be useful unless the filter extended to that feature too. "

Yes in my mind the technology definitely allows for message filters and blocks to be hououred.

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"You have already shown with your other post how this would be abused so no thanks.

Again presumptuous and taring us all with the same brush."

Nothing presumptuous at all. Doing what you did is against site rules and looks like admin agree since the other post has been removed.

» Add a new message to this topic