FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Invites vs Winks

Invites vs Winks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By * Busty Hotwife OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bradford

We do not do random invites from people we have not spoken with so when we get one we instantly delete it.

Same with winks.

But we note that you can only wink at someones profile once every 30 days?

However we have deleted invites only to look later & see we have yet another from the same person. Why can't the system block them, as it does winks?

You may say we should just block them but then some folk cotton on & then read our profile & strike up a conversation so we do not want to block these people ad-hoc. We try not to block unless they are rude or harrassing us.

We were just wondering if they could be prevented from inviting again, as with winks?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you don't delete the invite they can't send another.

Just a possible solution!!

Bradford

"If you don't delete the invite they can't send another.

Just a possible solution!! "

Yeah but then we get an invite box full of unwnted invites-there is some sort of pleassure from hitting 'delete all invites' as they are invariably unwanted random strangers!

Yeah but then we get an invite box full of unwnted invites-there is some sort of pleassure from hitting 'delete all invites' as they are invariably unwanted random strangers!"

Don't forget to wait til they log off, view their pics and then delete from your list!!

It's good to get your own back sometimes!

Bradford

Yeah but then we get an invite box full of unwnted invites-there is some sort of pleassure from hitting 'delete all invites' as they are invariably unwanted random strangers!

Don't forget to wait til they log off, view their pics and then delete from your list!!

It's good to get your own back sometimes! "

Done that just to see if there is anything worth looking at,the people who usually send random invites invariably(but not always) have nothing worth viewing...

But surely it'd just be better if the site put in an aoutmatic block for 30 days, just like the winks? Why are winks deemed as more intrusive/harrassment than invites??

Bradford

It's good to get your own back sometimes! "

Couldn't have timed it better!

Got an invite last night off a 'couple', accepted to have a view.

All pictures of a clothed single bloke out n about.

Deleted.

Just got another invite(immediately deleted). But if it was a wink he'd have to wait 30 days before sending again!!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

We just ignore them anyway, so wouldn't know who was sending what.

I think the bit where you check someones pics when they have sent an invite should be changed ( not sure if it is a bug or intentional) I don't think that is fair at all.

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Invite, wink...and block option are there for a reason

Bradford

"We just ignore them anyway, so wouldn't know who was sending what.

I think the bit where you check someones pics when they have sent an invite should be changed ( not sure if it is a bug or intentional) I don't think that is fair at all."

It's not a bug, that's clearly how the site works, you accept invite, you(& they) have access until someone rescinds access. I guess that's the risk you take if you send random invites to random folk?

But our point is about winks deemed more intusive/harrassing than invites? Surely they should both be treated at the same level ie after one then 30 days must elapse?

Bradford

"Invite, wink...and block option are there for a reason"

But if we blocked everyone who has ever winked at us out of the blue, then twe'd have a block list that would just be ridiculously immense & that, to us, is not what this is about.

Some people do cotton on & then bother to read & address the issues we're into.

Bradford

"Invite, wink...and block option are there for a reason"

But if we blocked everyone who has ever winked at us out of the blue, then twe'd have a block list that would just be ridiculously immense & that, to us, is not what this is about.

Some people do cotton on & then bother to read & address the issues we're into.

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"Invite, wink...and block option are there for a reason

Some people do cotton on & then bother to read & address the issues we're into."

.... Good

Some people are perhaps too shy to message you and thought a wink is the first way of contact. What is not really nice is freind add request without any message at all.

But when you delete all without having a quick look like you said, you may be missing out

Then again plenty will fit what you are looking for, will send you a tailored message but will get no reply. That doesn't excuse the idiots bombarding you with add request

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"We just ignore them anyway, so wouldn't know who was sending what.

I think the bit where you check someones pics when they have sent an invite should be changed ( not sure if it is a bug or intentional) I don't think that is fair at all.

It's not a bug, that's clearly how the site works, you accept invite, you(& they) have access until someone rescinds access. I guess that's the risk you take if you send random invites to random folk?

But our point is about winks deemed more intusive/harrassing than invites? Surely they should both be treated at the same level ie after one then 30 days must elapse?"

So you accept an invite from someone who has annoyed you by sending it and there is not a chance you will be interested because they have sent a random invite just to check out their pics?

To your other comment, winks or friends invites don't bother us as we ignore both so I can't say I have thought it a problem before now.

BUT, you are in the right place for Admin to see your feedback

Bradford

'So you accept an invite from someone who has annoyed you by sending it'

Sorry what does that mean?

We delete random invites,end of.

We delete random winks,end of.

If people wish to connect, don't wink,read our profile fully that states that winks & invites are deleted. We are happy to talk on a personal level with anyone who has bothered to read our profile. We have very few 'friends' on here. We are somewhat selective. The people may have been toe-rags to others, but to us they have been humourous, polite, civil & not harrassing. Therefore we deem them as decent after several messages,etc, have passed back n forth. If they're on our fiends list we HAVE met them or we PLAN To meet them.

However, someone who's initial photo did look extremely interesting(there is an exception to every rule but please don't take this as a green light to bombard us-pish) was finally accepted & we viewed them. Realised that they/he wasn't for us & removed them. You clearly have an objection(it appears few others appear to have) to that action but it is a risk you take if you send requests out willy-nilly.

Our point to admin is, can we treat invites the same as winks? After sending us a wink, someone is auto-matically blocked for 30 days from repeating this action.

This is not the case with invites.

It is a simple point & we are interested as to hy they are regarded differently by the site, or is that in itself a gliche in the system? e do not know, we do not programme it.

Bradford

"'So you accept an invite from someone who has annoyed you by sending it'

If people wish to connect, don't wink,read our profile fully that states that winks & invites are deleted. We are happy to talk on a personal level with anyone who has bothered to read our profile. We have very few 'friends' on here. We are somewhat selective. The people may have been toe-rags to others, but to us they have been humourous, polite, civil & not harrassing. Therefore we deem them as decent after several messages,etc, have passed back n forth. If they're on our fiends list we HAVE met them or we PLAN To meet them.

However, someone who's initial photo did look extremely interesting(there is an exception to every rule but please don't take this as a green light to bombard us-pish) was finally accepted & we viewed them. Realised that they/he wasn't for us & removed them. You clearly have an objection(it appears few others appear to have) to that action but it is a risk you take if you send requests out willy-nilly.

Our point to admin is, can we treat invites the same as winks? After sending us a wink, someone is auto-matically blocked for 30 days from repeating this action.

It is a simple point & we are interested as to hy they are regarded differently by the site, or is that in itself a gliche in the system? e do not know, we do not programme it."

We also type too fast & miss out letters!

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

The wink thing isn't fool proof - I have had winks from men with less than 30 days between them. And I agree re friends invites. If I have refused an invite why should I get bombarded again? If admin isn't willing to address this like they have the winks then maybe put a warning page up like with messaging? Just to advise the person that they've already unsuccessfully tried that one.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

."

It sounded normal in my head, but maybe doesn't come across in type well.

It meant, someone sends you an invite , they annoy you as it is a random invite, so you accept it just to look at the pics anyway?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

It meant, someone sends you an invite , they annoy you as it is a random invite, so you accept it just to look at the pics anyway?"

PS I have no objection of how you want to use the site or what you put on your profile, I did however ask a question of why people check out the pics if random invites annoy them so much.

Bradford

It meant, someone sends you an invite , they annoy you as it is a random invite, so you accept it just to look at the pics anyway?

PS I have no objection of how you want to use the site or what you put on your profile, I did however ask a question of why people check out the pics if random invites annoy them so much."

Lol now we understand. But not at all, as we explained above, that was the first one in weeks & because the iniial picture really attracted our attention to peruse further(it really almost never happens ever) so we did have a look. Just to see, perhaps....

Then we realised it looked more like a single male pretending so we removed & moved on, have since had more invites(we also had a wink off them/him) but amazingly, no more winks!

Which is our point, invites & winks viewed separately by the site, why?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Not a clue ...but you are in the right place to get an answer

What you say makes sense if it can be done

It is a simple point & we are interested as to hy they are regarded differently by the site, or is that in itself a gliche in the system? e do not know, we do not programme it."

Winks are only blocked for 30 days if they remain in your wink folder.

I bulk delete mine daily, and next day same people wink. Only way you can stop them is to leave friend invites and winks in folders and ignore.

Personally I find wink system lazy, if someone is genuinely interested then they should send a message. 99% of my winks and friend invites are people I would never meet as they don't fall into category what I am looking for, and that's resin they don't message because they know message will be rejected.

I would rather have option to turn wink feature off but if its there I can't see how you do it

» Add a new message to this topic