FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Picture and Video timestamps

Picture and Video timestamps

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    49 weeks ago

A suggestion, if I may.

Currently, when uploading new pictures or videos to the site, the clock starts ticking the moment they are uploaded - which affects how far down the 'New pics' they will appear.

Unfortunately, it can take a while for pics or videos to be approved - something I've particularly noticed of late - and so, by the time your uploads are approved, they appear way down the list because others have had their pictures approved far quicker.

I have particularly noticed this morning.

I uploaded a couple of video clips around 9am. Since then I've tried deleting and resubmitting them twice through concern that they've been missed. It's now 12L30 and STILL not been approved.

Now I am fully aware that picture moderators are volunteers and not always on the site and that there are busy times and quiet times, so not wishing to criticise, though it often feels that I am being deliverately singled out a lot of the time.

Could I suggest a slight ammendment to the system so that the timestamp applies from when the image or video is actually approved rather than when it is submitted.

This would then be fairer to everyone as they'd appear at the top of 'new pics' on approval rather than several pages down if it's taken a while.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *idden Gem69Woman 49 weeks ago

north lanarkshire

Are people really that vain that it matters how high on a list they are?

By *entle_lover_xMan 49 weeks ago

Great Dunmow

Can honestly say neither me or my partner have ever even thought about this. Why does it matter? i would guess at least 95% of people on Fab don't even look at new pics list.

By (user no longer on site) 49 weeks ago

I really don't think it will make a difference.

If a moderator kid logs on and there's 200 pictures to approve, then the majority will soon leave page one.

Why does it matter? For the few extra fabs?

By *orkshirefucktruck1Couple 49 weeks ago

barnsley

could always update ur status if fab likes are ur priority.stating new pics added but like others say it really isnt a big issue to be delayed having pics accepted on here

By *ugby 123Couple 49 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I am not sure why you think you would be singled out to not approve your pics...but to clarify,p ics are moderated in order of upload, a mod can't skip yours or anyones pic.

Admin aim for around 10 minutes for pics to be moderated, most times that's how long it will take. It will never take three and a half hours.

Obviously if it is a busy time for people uploading pics, then pics will drop down the pages as mods will be moderating lots of pics

By *ucka39Man 49 weeks ago

Newcastle

"A suggestion, if I may.

Currently, when uploading new pictures or videos to the site, the clock starts ticking the moment they are uploaded - which affects how far down the 'New pics' they will appear.

Unfortunately, it can take a while for pics or videos to be approved - something I've particularly noticed of late - and so, by the time your uploads are approved, they appear way down the list because others have had their pictures approved far quicker.

I have particularly noticed this morning.

I uploaded a couple of video clips around 9am. Since then I've tried deleting and resubmitting them twice through concern that they've been missed. It's now 12L30 and STILL not been approved.

Now I am fully aware that picture moderators are volunteers and not always on the site and that there are busy times and quiet times, so not wishing to criticise, though it often feels that I am being deliverately singled out a lot of the time.

Could I suggest a slight ammendment to the system so that the timestamp applies from when the image or video is actually approved rather than when it is submitted.

This would then be fairer to everyone as they'd appear at the top of 'new pics' on approval rather than several pages down if it's taken a while. "

chill dude that's going a bit extreme users do view the selection of photos and videos regardless folk flick through

By (user no longer on site) OP    48 weeks ago

"I am not sure why you think you would be singled out to not approve your pics...but to clarify,p ics are moderated in order of upload, a mod can't skip yours or anyones pic.

Admin aim for around 10 minutes for pics to be moderated, most times that's how long it will take. It will never take three and a half hours.

Obviously if it is a busy time for people uploading pics, then pics will drop down the pages as mods will be moderating lots of pics

"

As stated in my original post, I see pictures appearing in the 'New pictures' gallery whilst mine are still awaiting approval, that show as more recently in the list after my pictures have been approved - meaning that they were uploaded after mine - and, from what you assert, should therefore have been approved AFTER mine - when it is clearly evident that is not the case.

By *ugby 123Couple 48 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yeah I don't understand what you mean to be honest. How would you know when another user uploaded their pics?

By (user no longer on site) 48 weeks ago

"I am not sure why you think you would be singled out to not approve your pics...but to clarify,p ics are moderated in order of upload, a mod can't skip yours or anyones pic.

As stated in my original post, I see pictures appearing in the 'New pictures' gallery whilst mine are still awaiting approval, that show as more recently in the list after my pictures have been approved - meaning that they were uploaded after mine - and, from what you assert, should therefore have been approved AFTER mine - when it is clearly evident that is not the case."

Maybe the time stamp is there moment they are approved.

"Yeah I don't understand what you mean to be honest. How would you know when another user uploaded their pics?"

I know when I've uploaded mine.

I currently have two pictures that I uploaded at 10:05 that are still awaiting approval (currently 8 minutes later).

When they are finally approved, they will not appear in the list at the time they were approved, but showing from the time they were uploaded.

If I can try and clarify that. I know how much time has elapsed since I uploaded my pictures - and if I go through the pages of new pictures - the time shown underneath directly corresponds with that - and therefore, and pictures appearing above mine, were clearly uploaded after mine.

As stated in my original post, I see pictures appearing in the 'New pictures' gallery whilst mine are still awaiting approval, that show as more recently in the list after my pictures have been approved - meaning that they were uploaded after mine - and, from what you assert, should therefore have been approved AFTER mine - when it is clearly evident that is not the case.

Maybe the time stamp is there moment they are approved. "

In which case, my pictures would appear in the list from the moment they are approved which would mean they would be higher up, rather than 3 pages down just after they get approved, and pictures that have been in the list for about 10 minutes still appear above mine.

By *ugby 123Couple 48 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think maybe there is some overthinking going on here.

To clarify, Mods don't get a choice, they have to approve pics in order. There is no skipping of peoples pics or putting them to one side until they want to approve them.

Maybe time to close