FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Silence Button instead of Block

Silence Button instead of Block

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *.DickyFitzwell.. OP   Man 42 weeks ago

Colchester

Instead of the BLOCK button, could we have a SLENCE button so that if someone who is in your matches isn’t your type you can silence them, but still able to check to see if anything has changed etc.

This also works of they are prolific status poster

The BLOCK button can be used for more troublesome cases

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 42 weeks ago

Yes!!!!!

This is a great suggestion.

By *ustardChuckerMan 42 weeks ago

Exetershire

You could block them and then unblock to check

By *rismilesWoman 42 weeks ago

Belfast

"You could block them and then unblock to check "

Not feasible for anyone with a large block list, I block someone and they’re basically lost forever lol.

By *idden Gem69Woman 42 weeks ago

north lanarkshire

What do you mean by matches? Is there a new function I dont know about??

By (user no longer on site) 42 weeks ago

What would change?

Colchester

your matched are whats in your account details and searches.

Colchester

if you block someone they are completly blocked, but if you silence them you can still view the profile and receive messages, but have the the option not see status posts.

could also have the capability to select the options on or off

By *ucka39Man 42 weeks ago

Newcastle

What exactly is supposed to change a block is the way forward but if things change and happens within the forums then look as I experienced this it's rare

By *ucka39Man 42 weeks ago

Newcastle

"if you block someone they are completly blocked, but if you silence them you can still view the profile and receive messages, but have the the option not see status posts.

could also have the capability to select the options on or off "

Just seems more hassle block works fine

By *XZRMan 42 weeks ago

Highland / Edin

"Instead of the BLOCK button, could we have a SLENCE button so that if someone who is in your matches isn’t your type you can silence them, but still able to check to see if anything has changed etc.

"

If something changes? As in you get desperate? Might just be me, but if someone isn't my type or I don't fit what they're looking for then the block button works just fine.

I'm not suddenly going to become over 6ft and they probably aren't suddenly going to stop posting about 420 and patsy klines

By *entle_lover_xMan 42 weeks ago

Great Dunmow

"Instead of the BLOCK button, could we have a SLENCE button so that if someone who is in your matches isn’t your type you can silence them, but still able to check to see if anything has changed etc.

If something changes? As in you get desperate? Might just be me, but if someone isn't my type or I don't fit what they're looking for then the block button works just fine.

I'm not suddenly going to become over 6ft and they probably aren't suddenly going to stop posting about 420 and patsy klines"

I actually think it's a good idea if it applied to MUTING what shows up in the local update feed/friends list and also muting them for you for set period. Sometimes just get fed up with seeing updates/pics from some people for a while and other times want arrange things without some people seeing.

BLOCKING is bit different as might forget to unblock if got lots of blocked people but also quite aggressive especially towards somebody you know, perhaps a friend, and then need to friend them again. Perhaps this would be more useful to people active on broader swinging scene socials, clubs, etc. with a network.

By *.DickyFitzwell.. OP   Man 41 weeks ago

Colchester

Gentle Lover

You got it, that’s describes it nicely.

I have some locals who feel the need to post the same pics every day, rather than make the private each time

it creates too much status traffic

I'm not suddenly going to become over 6ft and they probably aren't suddenly going to stop posting about 420 and patsy klines

I actually think it's a good idea if it applied to MUTING what shows up in the local update feed/friends list and also muting them for you for set period. Sometimes just get fed up with seeing updates/pics from some people for a while and other times want arrange things without some people seeing.

BLOCKING is bit different as might forget to unblock if got lots of blocked people but also quite aggressive especially towards somebody you know, perhaps a friend, and then need to friend them again. Perhaps this would be more useful to people active on broader swinging scene socials, clubs, etc. with a network. "

» Add a new message to this topic