FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Verifications when someone has left site

Verifications when someone has left site

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is is not possible that the verification stays but the username is replaced by user no longer on site, similar to how message stays in inbox or post stays on the forum.

I have lost some well worded comical veri's due to leaving the site, that would have been nice if the veri could remain.

Is this at all possible to replace username with no longer on site, and veri stays?

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oublewodkaWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I completely agree with op... I have also lost some great verifications and I would like to see something positive from users leaving site instead of just losing the written memories from the meet.

Words are the most important way of finding out who you are meeting. I always read verifications before I decide

anything. But as with all things I guess this would open the site to some who would take advantage of it.....losers!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i agree lost a lot of good veris

By * pool 1Couple  over a year ago

Liverpool

We agree with the op they should stay on your profile.

That would be canny. Although we don't make ours public, it would still be nice to hang on to the ones that we've been given

would heartily agree with that

suggested this a year or so ago (when we had a different profile)..

admin was for it.. but nothing happened.

definitely would be a great idea - as we have lost some recently too, due to people deleting their accounts.

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

I agree. I have lost a few veris after people have left.

good idea

By *NicenNaughteyCouple  over a year ago

Preston

We agree also it needs to be changed

By *istressdebssubCouple  over a year ago

cambridge

"Is is not possible that the verification stays but the username is replaced by user no longer on site, similar to how message stays in inbox or post stays on the forum.

I have lost some well worded comical veri's due to leaving the site, that would have been nice if the veri could remain.

Is this at all possible to replace username with no longer on site, and veri stays?

Thanks"

Was discussing this only Monday with a friend also. I agree replace profile with user has left and maybe also ghost the content of the veri so it can still be read but it's obvious the person has left

It's a great idea

I agree verification is a nice way to refresh the memory

I can see why those people that rely on veris to choose meets would want them to stay but for me as someone who doesn't bother with veris it wouldn't be an issue.

Another good tool for those that wish to use it

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Thumbs up from me

Yes very good idea have some good verifications due to people leaving the site

All for it in principle - but playing devils advocate - if you saw that the majority of someone's veri's were from 'user no longer on site' would you be suspicious about their credibility - or worry that the person was in fact a crazed serial killer!!

"All for it in principle - but playing devils advocate - if you saw that the majority of someone's veri's were from 'user no longer on site' would you be suspicious about their credibility - or worry that the person was in fact a crazed serial killer!! "

Lol

Nope, I would think people had left site for whatever reason it may be lol

By *coobyroo218Couple  over a year ago

Guernsey

I think this would be a good idea too.

Ok the green tick does not go but it would be nice to have the veri

We'd like to be able to remove a Veri from someone's profile that we've left too. For Example if you no longer want to be associated with that person.

the only way to do that is to block that person and yr veri will not show on theirs and if they veried you theirs will not show on your profile

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Copy and paste the veries into your notes on profile page. Nothing to stop you displaying them on your profile any time then .

"We'd like to be able to remove a Veri from someone's profile that we've left too. For Example if you no longer want to be associated with that person. "
yes blocking is the only way to do that.sometimes it can take a few meets for people to show their true colours and in the meantime other people meet them as your name is associated with them.poppyxx

"We'd like to be able to remove a Veri from someone's profile that we've left too. For Example if you no longer want to be associated with that person. "

If you block that person, I believe the veri is removed.

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

I agree with the OP, as I've lost 2 nice veri's one from a couple and one from a single lady after they left the site. Mind you all is not lost as I'm still in regular contact with the single lady and our next meets arranged for April...

It would be open to abuse if veri's were left after people had left the site, some unscrupulous people who open three or more profiles leave veri's then leave and wow they suddenly have fake veri's and no way of checking, it's a shame as we've lost some really nice veri's by people leaving but would prefer that than not trusting genuine comments

By *istressdebssubCouple  over a year ago

cambridge

"It would be open to abuse if veri's were left after people had left the site, some unscrupulous people who open three or more profiles leave veri's then leave and wow they suddenly have fake veri's and no way of checking, it's a shame as we've lost some really nice veri's by people leaving but would prefer that than not trusting genuine comments "

i think you will find that people can open several accounts and do that anyway so i don't see your point !

"It would be open to abuse if veri's were left after people had left the site, some unscrupulous people who open three or more profiles leave veri's then leave and wow they suddenly have fake veri's and no way of checking, it's a shame as we've lost some really nice veri's by people leaving but would prefer that than not trusting genuine comments

i think you will find that people can open several accounts and do that anyway so i don't see your point !"

The point is the accounts have to be here for the veri's to show ( you can then look at those accounts ) if the veri's stayed after the accounts closed how could you see who verified them?

"It would be open to abuse if veri's were left after people had left the site, some unscrupulous people who open three or more profiles leave veri's then leave and wow they suddenly have fake veri's and no way of checking, it's a shame as we've lost some really nice veri's by people leaving but would prefer that than not trusting genuine comments

i think you will find that people can open several accounts and do that anyway so i don't see your point !

The point is the accounts have to be here for the veri's to show ( you can then look at those accounts ) if the veri's stayed after the accounts closed how could you see who verified them? "

The point of a veri is too show someone is genuine and meets when they say, it's an additional extra to click on users name and open there account for a nosey.

It does no harm at all to leave veri on display and replace user ID with no longer on site, if people want to abuse the system by opening multiple accounts they will, regardless of the verification system

yes but you seem to be missing the point. IF the verifications were left and the name replaced you have no way of checking the accounts that left them. it would be EASIER to abuse the system and make the whole verification a joke .

I don't check up on verifications now, I just read what's written, I would say majority of verifications on this site are genuine, if people using multiple accounts, they would veri all accounts and more likely to leave accounts active if that was case

"I don't check up on verifications now, I just read what's written, I would say majority of verifications on this site are genuine, if people using multiple accounts, they would veri all accounts and more likely to leave accounts active if that was case"

i agree but you could easily notice if you dug deep enough because every veri would be from the same people and alarm bells would ring ( unfortunately there is no fool proof way, any system is open to abuse) but why make it easier for them to abuse?

We've lost some lovely verifications as friends have left the site but thats preferable to not trusting the system one bit

The point is the accounts have to be here for the veri's to show ( you can then look at those accounts ) if the veri's stayed after the accounts closed how could you see who verified them? "

Point of veri is to prove someone has met by leaving feedback, if a user then chooses to look at the profile of who veri was from that is optional, not compulsory. Some users hide all their veri's, doesn't mean their profile is fake.

Just because someone has left the site, doesn't mean meet wasn't real either.

At end of the day a veri is just a tool, I've met people that haven't got veri's and been on site for over a year, yet most write them off as time wasters and fakes.

Leaving a veri on after someone leaves site, doesn't open the site up to any more abuse, as abuse of site already goes on, and will go on regardless of what rules are in place.

If someone really wants to go to the effort of opening multiple accounts, they still have to get at least one meet to get the first acc verified, before they can go on to verify all the multiple accounts they create.

Though, can't say I personally have ever come across multiple accounts on here, other than couples who also have single accounts.

So again, don't see your point at all.

Verification is there as a form of validity only, lots on here that do genuinely meet, are verified and can still be a no show for number of reasons.

Only way anyone on this site will ever prove someone is100% real is to arrange a meet with that person.

"I don't check up on verifications now, I just read what's written, I would say majority of verifications on this site are genuine, if people using multiple accounts, they would veri all accounts and more likely to leave accounts active if that was case

i agree but you could easily notice if you dug deep enough because every veri would be from the same people and alarm bells would ring ( unfortunately there is no fool proof way, any system is open to abuse) but why make it easier for them to abuse?

We've lost some lovely verifications as friends have left the site but thats preferable to not trusting the system one bit"

Again I disagree with this, their are groups of people I know that all go to clubs together, meet same people, have veri's off same people. I've met these people, but going on what you write above, they must be suspect

"I don't check up on verifications now, I just read what's written, I would say majority of verifications on this site are genuine, if people using multiple accounts, they would veri all accounts and more likely to leave accounts active if that was case

We've lost some lovely verifications as friends have left the site but thats preferable to not trusting the system one bit

Again I disagree with this, their are groups of people I know that all go to clubs together, meet same people, have veri's off same people. I've met these people, but going on what you write above, they must be suspect"

ok so why do you think its set up this way?

and sorry but even then they will have different people mixed in the grouping but fakes rarely would.

By *exy-honey n mr honeyCouple  over a year ago

glasgow way

We defo agree we have only had 3 meets n got verified on each occasion now they ppl have left so have the verys :|

"All for it in principle - but playing devils advocate - if you saw that the majority of someone's veri's were from 'user no longer on site' would you be suspicious about their credibility - or worry that the person was in fact a crazed serial killer!! "
lol.they would have had to survive the meet to write the veri whether they left the site or not.lol.so could be someone else was killing them.lol.only joking

i agree but you could easily notice if you dug deep enough because every veri would be from the same people and alarm bells would ring ( unfortunately there is no fool proof way, ansystem is open to abuse) but why make it easier for themto abuse?

Again I disagree with this, their are groups ofpeople I know that all go to clubs together, meet same people, have veri's off same people. I've met these people, but going on what you write above, they must be suspect"

lol.i think the nature of swinging is if your into the same things and like similar people and attend the same club or are from the same area your paths are going to cross with the sae people.doesnt make you one big happy swinging family though.lol.i think the verification system is good and for the most part I can honestly say those we have taken a chance on and met with no verification tick you can see why they might not have had one.saying that we have given a few people a chance and been their first veri if they not. Long been on the site and chatted first on the phone or seen on webcam prior to meet.they have been some good meets.

Generally we go for verified people theses days.i do think that people should be able to keep the written veri if people leave and say user no longer on site but prehaps indicate if the user that left was a guy,female or couple.poppyxx

I like this idea. I've lost some very good verifications cos users have left the site.. I would have loved to have been able to keep them due to the fact they have authenticity to the person I am.. "user no longer on vids site" would be great if we get to keep the veris which they left.

By *ksecretguyMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Hi everyone. I agree with all the above comments as they all have a valid point. However, from a single guy viewpoint i have lost some very nice comments that i would have liked to have remained on my profile. I dont meet very often so i get few verifications, so to lose the ones i have i think has an effect. Its hard for us many guys to get noticed. There will always be abusers of the system but as with life Why should the idiotic minority spoil something useful for the rest of us. Have fun everyone.

"Hi everyone. I agree with all the above comments as they all have a valid point. However, from a single guy viewpoint i have lost some very nice comments that i would have liked to have remained on my profile. I dont meet very often so i get few verifications, so to lose the ones i have i think has an effect. Its hard for us many guys to get noticed. There will always be abusers of the system but as with life Why should the idiotic minority spoil something useful for the rest of us. Have fun everyone."

Agreed. As a single guy with a very busy life I have had few meets and the one Verification I have, I value. Would be a shame to lose it, both from a credibility perspective and the loss of a reminder of fun times. I can see the other side of the coin though - tricky balance for the admins to strike I guess...

By *howman_ukMan  over a year ago

birmingham

I agree, the words are more important than a tick. Can show you how the verified people behave in a meet and what they like from the third persons perspective.

I guess a veri is needed on a swinging site? ....the answer is in the question...sad to say but true. When people leave the site they do so for a reason...their Veri's should surely go with them as in their eyes they are leaving the site for a reason. People meet because they are attracted by the profile and Pictures...the Veri"s should not matter its the person that counts not the "look at my many veri's I must be good!" I do not imply disrespect by my words....just an opinion

"I guess a veri is needed on a swinging site? ....the answer is in the question...sad to say but true. When people leave the site they do so for a reason...their Veri's should surely go with them as in their eyes they are leaving the site for a reason. People meet because they are attracted by the profile and Pictures...the Veri"s should not matter its the person that counts not the "look at my many veri's I must be good!" I do not imply disrespect by my words....just an opinion"

I disagree. Yes they have left the site for their own reasons and that's entirely up to them. But some ppls veris are important are they show what type of person they can be. We should be given the option to keep them but have "no longer a site user" instead of their names!

By *iddlesbroughmaleMan  over a year ago

middlesbrough

Agree with op lost a lot of decent verifactions

"I guess a veri is needed on a swinging site? ....the answer is in the question...sad to say but true. When people leave the site they do so for a reason...their Veri's should surely go with them as in their eyes they are leaving the site for a reason. People meet because they are attracted by the profile and Pictures...the Veri"s should not matter its the person that counts not the "look at my many veri's I must be good!" I do not imply disrespect by my words....just an opinion

I disagree. Yes they have left the site for their own reasons and that's entirely up to them. But some ppls veris are important are they show what type of person they can be. We should be given the option to keep them but have "no longer a site user" instead of their names!"

A veri is a written reference in a way...if a person has many references would you give them a job? The original post still has over 30 veri"s despite losing many by people leaving the site..just find this topic quite sad '(

Totally agree that the veri should remain , with the user no longer on site instead of username - why has there been no response to this thread ??????????????

By *oublewodkaWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

If Only I could!

Yes I agree totally should just say user no longer on site I've losted a few veris now because they left.maybe it's something I've done haha

***Use no longer on site***

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

I agree. Good idea.

Great idea, for me my verifications are like memories if good times and I am sad when I loose them, thankfully I'm usually still friends with the verifier.

It's good that even if you loose the veri, you don't loose the tick, so that's something.

By *renchbambi xWoman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

Just resurecting this thread! And a question for site owner/Admins: When will this be effective?

It seems to be something a mojority of Fabs members want so...why is it taking so long?

By *ilverMedalWinnerMan  over a year ago

North Lakes

"I can see why those people that rely on veris to choose meets would want them to stay but for me as someone who doesn't bother with veris it wouldn't be an issue.

Another good tool for those that wish to use it "

As a single bloke, verifications are very useful for me to have as it helps me to stand out against the time wasters.

Having been a member for a number of years, a large number of my verifications have disappeared as friends get new profiles ... I'd certainly like to see all verifications available to display!

c",)

"Just resurecting this thread! And a question for site owner/Admins: When will this be effective?

It seems to be something a mojority of Fabs members want so...why is it taking so long? "

Seeing as how there are a very small % of fab members that use the forums I don't see how it can be something of a majority that want this

Need to know basis

"Just resurecting this thread! And a question for site owner/Admins: When will this be effective?

It seems to be something a mojority of Fabs members want so...why is it taking so long?

Seeing as how there are a very small % of fab members that use the forums I don't see how it can be something of a majority that want this "

Yeah! I saw the percentage of members participating in forums in another post...pretty poor 2%...Let me re-phrase this for you...I hope my command of English will be sufficient to be clear this time , after all seeing that I only speak 5 languages there is always room for improvement

"....majority of the very small % of Fab members that post in the forums..."

If you are an admin I sure would appreciate an answer to the question and if you are not maybe you have a pertinent comment relating to the question as a whole?

Just block then, the veri is then removed from their profile, only reappears if you unblock them x

"i agree lost a lot of good veris"

Seeing as how there are a very small % of fab members that use the forums I don't see how it can be something of a majority that want this

Yeah! I saw the percentage of members participating in forums in another post...pretty poor 2%...Let me re-phrase this for you...I hope my command of English will be sufficient to be clear this time , after all seeing that I only speak 5 languages there is always room for improvement

If you are an admin I sure would appreciate an answer to the question and if you are not maybe you have a pertinent comment relating to the question as a whole? "

I do yes have a comment related to the question as a whole, I am more than happy with the way the site works as it is.

Oh and when I posted this there were 58 replies, not all of who agree so I still don't see how it is a majority of the very small % of fab members that post in forums that want the change.

Need to know basis

"We'd like to be able to remove a Veri from someone's profile that we've left too. For Example if you no longer want to be associated with that person.

Just block then, the veri is then removed from their profile, only reappears if you unblock them x"

I did not know that. Thank you.

Need to know basis

If you are an admin I sure would appreciate an answer to the question and if you are not maybe you have a pertinent comment relating to the question as a whole?

I do yes have a comment related to the question as a whole, I am more than happy with the way the site works as it is.

Oh and when I posted this there were 58 replies, not all of who agree so I still don't see how it is a majority of the very small % of fab members that post in forums that want the change. "

I am happy how the site works, if I was not I would not have become a silver member, I would have left and moved on but I believe in continuous improvement; this was not an attack on how the site works at all, just a simple question in the Feedback section available to all members.

Why have a Fabswingers.com.feedback section if everytime someone makes a suggestion or a comment to improve the user's experience of the site someone ridicules them or feels it is a personal attack on the site? Its been a year since MissBlonde suggested this totally valid and acceptable suggestion for improvement. As this situation has happened to me recently I only wanted to get feedback from Admins by using an existing thread rather than create a new one.

By *ohohoWoman  over a year ago

Up North

French bambi you have to leave me a verification first before you can block me to make it disappear! Xx.

Need to know basis

"French bambi you have to leave me a verification first before you can block me to make it disappear! Xx. "

Why are you trying to confuse me ??? Lmaooooooooooooo xx

I think this is a great suggestion

"We defo agree we have only had 3 meets n got verified on each occasion now they ppl have left so have the verys :|"

With your nice profile why would they want to leave?

Surely they'd want to meet with you both again!?!

lol

By *reative_EdgeMan  over a year ago

Brighton / Hove Area

Valid Point!

Great idea...

As an alternative one of minefield me she was leaving...

So I copied and pasted it onto my profile

"Great idea...

As an alternative one of minefield me she was leaving...

So I copied and pasted it onto my profile"

*mine said

» Add a new message to this topic