FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Separate Ts and tv, we are very different.

Separate Ts and tv, we are very different.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *anniellaBiTS OP   TV/TS 20 weeks ago

Bolton

This causes problems for so many genuine trans women on here.

Lumping us together is very 1990s, shows a lack of understanding and genuine sensitivity to your members.

We may not be a big % of the site, but we are still members of your site.

Gender identity is very different from physical sex.

Transwomen (Ts/Tg) essentially have a female mind but we're born into a male body. With transmen the opposite way.

Transvestites and cross dressers (Tv/Cd) have a male brain, male body and "dress" for sexual pleasure.

Please delete Tv/Ts as an option and replace with the 2 different options of Ts/Tg and Tv/Cd.

I'm happy to discuss this more privately.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *glyBettyTV/TS 20 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

Why don't you just identify as a woman, then?

By *ouple4voyeurCouple 20 weeks ago

Birmingham

Ummmm, your description of a TS is almost correct, but you can't put a TV down as a CD as they are totally different. So you would need to make 3 seperate categories.

Bolton

"Why don't you just identify as a woman, then? "

Because I'm pre op. When I'm post op I will

Bolton

"Ummmm, your description of a TS is almost correct, but you can't put a TV down as a CD as they are totally different. So you would need to make 3 seperate categories."

I think knowing fab, we need to give them as few options as possible.

Another site I am has a dozen options and it's fantastic. But I don't hold out much hope for this site.

"Why don't you just identify as a woman, then?

Because I'm pre op. When I'm post op I will "

So when you eventually have the op, the TV/TS fab nomenclature will no longer affect you because I presume you would then set up a profile as a woman.

Or will you still seek the coverture amongst males that being a chick with tits & a dick obviously brings, whilst at the same time denigrating TVs & CDs for "fetishising" you?

You object to other identities forms of self-expression because you feel they turn you into a fetish, but you're quite happy to be a fetish when it suits you.

This is why I hate identity politics.

Bolton

Not quite. I am honest and upfront about my preop status because otherwise, you pull someone, then reveal and they freak.

"Why don't you just identify as a woman, then?

Because I'm pre op. When I'm post op I will

So when you eventually have the op, the TV/TS fab nomenclature will no longer affect you because I presume you would then set up a profile as a woman.

Or will you still seek the coverture amongst males that being a chick with tits & a dick obviously brings, whilst at the same time denigrating TVs & CDs for "fetishising" you?

You object to other identities forms of self-expression because you feel they turn you into a fetish, but you're quite happy to be a fetish when it suits you.

This is why I hate identity politics. "

Bolton

So, lets suggest some options.

What do we all want to see as options?

For me,

Transwoman.

Transgender women.

Cross dresser.

Transvestite.

Femboi.

What else do we want to see?

By *oney_Bee_xTV/TS 20 weeks ago

Teesside

It would be really nice to see the following :

1) TS/TG

2) Genderfluid

3) TV/CD

"Not quite. I am honest and upfront about my preop status because otherwise, you pull someone, then reveal and they freak.

"

OK. Well if you're trying to pull straight men then TVs and CDs should be of no consequence to you. Men who are trying to meet TVs and CDs, are fully aware that we are TVs and CDs. Our "fetish" doesn't really step on the toes of someone like you, who is only going to be a trans woman temporarily anyway.

Bolton

"It would be really nice to see the following :

1) TS/TG

2) Genderfluid

3) TV/CD"

I agree, they are good options

[Removed by poster at 21/12/23 09:55:54]

"

3) TV/CD"

So it's perfectly OK to lump transvestites & lifestyle cross dressers with hairy panty wearers & call them all the same thing, but God forbid we don't give a transgender woman not 1 but 2 categories of their own, & 3 if you include woman.

Bolton

Then by all means, suggest options. That's what this post is about.

"

3) TV/CD

So it's perfectly OK to lump transvestites & lifestyle cross dressers with hairy panty wearers & call them all the same thing, but God forbid we don't give a transgender woman not 1 but 2 categories of their own, & 3 if you include woman.

"

By *hantelle-La-SlutTV/TS 20 weeks ago

South Birmingham

"

3) TV/CD

"

Well according to the op profile we are just a fetish apparently. so might as well dump us into all the same bucket.

OP you should just identify yourself as a woman on here if you live as a women 24/7 then this is what you are. irrelevant of you being pre-opp or post-opp.

Bolton

So suggest options.

"

3) TV/CD

Well according to the op profile we are just a fetish apparently. so might as well dump us into all the same bucket.

OP you should just identify yourself as a woman on here if you live as a women 24/7 then this is what you are. irrelevant of you being pre-opp or post-opp.

"

By *hantelle-La-SlutTV/TS 20 weeks ago

South Birmingham

1 the site will not change it it been asked over and over again so nothing new.

2 do you really need a label to identify yourself?

you made it clear in you profile that you are a transwoman that is all you need really.

Like should i ask for a sissy option too?

"Then by all means, suggest options. That's what this post is about"

I suggest that you are probably not the best person to be re-categorizing all the T-Girls to your satisfaction, considering that it won't affect you once you've had the op & can identify as a woman.

How about we just leave it as it is, and people let their profile text & pictures do the talking for them if there's any extra information they feel they need to provide regarding identity.

Bolton

So your vote is leave it as it is, fine. Thanks for your input here.

"Then by all means, suggest options. That's what this post is about

I suggest that you are probably not the best person to be re-categorizing all the T-Girls to your satisfaction, considering that it won't affect you once you've had the op & can identify as a woman.

How about we just leave it as it is, and people let their profile text & pictures do the talking for them if there's any extra information they feel they need to provide regarding identity."

Bolton

I friend has just suggested being able to type your own version.

This for me is a great suggestion

By *oney_Bee_xTV/TS 20 weeks ago

Teesside

"It would be really nice to see the following :

1) TS/TG

2) Genderfluid

3) TV/CD"

I do get asked the following quite a lot :

1) Are you a CD?

2) You're obviously full time right?

3) Are you Transgender?

4) What's the difference between TV and TS?

5) etc. etc.

Having a specific category would help others to recognise my identity.

By *eekabooxxxTV/TS 20 weeks ago

Falkirk

Dont get why having more options would be an issue. Even an other/non binary/trans category would be an improvement

While alot of people that are trans might start as "cd" until they discover who they are as mentioned its not the same

By *andi_kinkygramTV/TS 20 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"I friend has just suggested being able to type your own version.

This for me is a great suggestion"

The ramifications for simple sounding changes can still be large. It would also impact search functions (e.g. looking to meet checkboxes).

Cx

Bolton

Very good point.

"I friend has just suggested being able to type your own version.

This for me is a great suggestion

The ramifications for simple sounding changes can still be large. It would also impact search functions (e.g. looking to meet checkboxes).

Cx"

By *inaTitzTV/TS 20 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

It's always a pain when you see someone trying to punch down on a group they see as inferior.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 20 weeks ago

Central

It's been discussed thousands of times in almost 20 years, with some extremely good explanations from all.

It's best as it is. It's for us to determine how we identify and it should not be for the benefit of others. It's a protected characteristic and transitioning doesn't always work the way we'd want it to and forcing greater disclosure to others isn't fair, when it involves pressure onto us. This is unreasonable, when such disclosure isn't something that non-trans people would ever need to do. You can personally disclose as you wish to. Your profile text permits this. And the site readily adjusts your gender when appropriate, following a message to site admin.

"It's always a pain when you see someone trying to punch down on a group they see as inferior. "

Ironically she'll face the same kind of elitism from some biological women when she completes her transition & tries to identify as female (she already has in other threads), but clearly isn't self-aware enough to see she's replicating the same elitist bullying behavior to the non-op t-girls & cross dressers.

They do say that bullying is just a defence mechanism of the insecure...

Hopefully her transition goes extremely well, she's able to pass flawlessly, and she'll never have to make a thread like this again, or need to complain about TVs & CDs cramping her style

By *issalignedTV/TS 20 weeks ago

London

By *ryton 123TV/TS 20 weeks ago

Chatham

Yes I must admit, it would hurt to put more categories on this site.

By *lsiePTV/TS 20 weeks ago

Gateshead

To he frank the only thing that stops me making a profile that says woman is all the hate I'd expect to get. I don't think fab is a queer enough space to really work with all these categories.

I've posted in the past about wanting separate categories because I'm not a transvestite and I dislike men coming into my DMs saying I'm a transvestite (no hate, transvestites are hot but that isn't me), but frankly this isn't the fault of the categories. It's the fault of people not reading my fucking profile.

The categories are set up for the benefit of horny men finding what they're looking for, just like the rest of the website. Because they pay the money.

By *tace 309TV/TS 20 weeks ago

durham

The wheels, have come off on this type of post.

My label says made in Taiwan. Am I complaining... No.

How many different sections on one group would one like to see. 57, 68, 100 etc

Why make life so difficult.

By *tace 309TV/TS 20 weeks ago

durham

I am neither a cd or a tv and I don't mind sharing a minority group with others. Embrace things rather than try to open up this can of out of date worms

By *anyaTgirlTV/TS 20 weeks ago

manchester

I dont mind being fetishied

By *ngusdresserTV/TS 19 weeks ago

arbroath

[Removed by poster at 24/12/23 09:52:04]

By *ngusdresserTV/TS 19 weeks ago

arbroath

That's quite an offensive profile and post for someone that comes on to claim discrimination ?

I can see intolerance, but it's not from us fetishists.

I can see from your deep understanding of others that you are quite happy to lump TVs and CDs together, that seems a lot like double standards.

You can identify in any way you like, but forcing your narrow-minded bigoted opinions on others hardly seems like a step forward for transgender rights.

By *inaTitzTV/TS 19 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I don't feel as if the OP has made many new friends here.

By (user no longer on site) 19 weeks ago

I dont care about labels ,all my information is on my profile , making an effort to find out about someone not a bad thing, its not swipe left or right on here .

By *loria JamesTV/TS 19 weeks ago

Durham

"It's always a pain when you see someone trying to punch down on a group they see as inferior. "

Exactly this, can't stand the "I'm considerably more trans than you" brigade.

Especially when they call other people a fetish but their profile is full of dick pics.

By *glyBettyTV/TS 19 weeks ago

"Especially when they call other people a fetish but their profile is full of dick pics."

A whole gallery of explicit pics on a swinging site letting all potential suitors know she has boobies & cock, yet TVs CDs are the ones reducing her struggle to a fetish, because - unlike her, we only do this for "sexual pleasure"...Unlike her

What a hypocrite.

By (user no longer on site) 19 weeks ago

I do agree we should have more categories such as:

TS/TG

TV/CD

Femboy

Sissy

It is so tiresome that I get lumped in with sissies or tvs especially because anyone with social skills better than that of a self identified "sigma male" know that a Femboy and a sissy are not even close.

Knowing fab tho if it did happen they'd probably lump TVs/CDs/Sissys with Femboys.

However OP, I fail to see how simply having a feminine body type is reducing the struggle of trans people to a fetish, you do realise that some of us aren't feminine because of sexual reasons right? The same goes for dressing, some don't dress for sexual reasons, its just that feminine clothes are just kinda comfy.

» Add a new message to this topic