FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > See who's near

See who's near

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oolfun OP   Man 5 weeks ago

Chester

See who's near/Who is Nearby on Fabswingers should show minimum as Touching Distance instead of Within Quarter of a Mile (as it does on Fabguys).

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *ragsterMan 5 weeks ago

Blackburn

Totally agree

By *heonixrising500Man 5 weeks ago

Barnsley

It should

By *idden Gem69Woman 5 weeks ago

north lanarkshire

Why? Is within quarter of a mile not close enough? Its bad enough getting creepy messages from guys who say "we are close by" without having the really creepy messages saying "so close i could touch you"

By *bi HaiveMan 5 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Why? Is within quarter of a mile not close enough? Its bad enough getting creepy messages from guys who say "we are close by" without having the really creepy messages saying "so close i could touch you" "

This!

Just because they're near you it doesn't mean that someone is either interested in you specifically or actually looking for anything at all at that moment in time.

1/4 mile is close enough. You don't need to know if someone is any closer.

Chester

No, Ell it's not close enough. That's the point. Sorry you get the creepy ones but I'm not sure that's not just a peril of this site. I'm sure you've met a few nice ones. Thanks for the response, anyway. x

Chester

Thanks for your opinion, Obi. We'll just have to differ on that.

north lanarkshire

"No, Ell it's not close enough. That's the point. Sorry you get the creepy ones but I'm not sure that's not just a peril of this site. I'm sure you've met a few nice ones. Thanks for the response, anyway. x"

But what purpose is knowing if someone is within touching distance or 1/4 of a mile?

By *ACOLCouple 5 weeks ago

limerick

[Removed by poster at 26/03/24 08:42:54]

limerick

If I was a single I wouldn't like knowing that other can see that I am within a few steps, infact i wouldn't feel safe at all.

As a couple 1/4 mile is too close, and the only time this would be acceptable is at socials

Lina

Chester

Just interest, Ell. It doesn't mean you have pester them.

By *bi HaiveMan 5 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

There's always the facility to turn it off.

The possibility of people using it for ulterior motives means mine is never on when anywhere near home. I've rarely had it on elsewhere either.

Knowing someone is near doesn't benefit me. It means nothing. If I want to browse local fabbers the advanced search let's me do that to identify who's in my area.

It does seem to be a function more popular with men for some reason.

Chester

Point taken, Lisa. It is a swinger site, though, so one assumes you want to meet. Not many have face pics on, for exactly the reasons you've given. If you're bolder you probably don't mind. Thanks for adding. x

Chester

Exactly, Obi. If you don't want to be seen, turn it off.

Maybe there should be a facility in the account to show a distance one is comfortable with.

Chester

I mean Lina! Predictive text. Sorry. x

north lanarkshire

"Point taken, Lisa. It is a swinger site, though, so one assumes you want to meet. Not many have face pics on, for exactly the reasons you've given. If you're bolder you probably don't mind. Thanks for adding. x"

Yeah i can turn it off but why should I? I look to see whos local if am looking to meet, i just dont need the messages from guys about how close we are etc its quite creepy.

Chester

I agree, you should leave the location on for exactly the reason it's there for. Ignore the creeps and don't respond or block them if you've no interest.

By *uliette500Woman 5 weeks ago

Hull

I prefer it as it is thanks.

I'd certainly be turning it off if it gave a range that close.

Maybe men on fab guys behave differently or maybe women just feel a bit more insecure but when I get a message from someone saying they are close by it gives me the creeps. Knowing they could narrow it down to be potentially outside my house would be really concerning for me.

Hull

"Point taken, Lisa. It is a swinger site, though, so one assumes you want to meet. Not many have face pics on, for exactly the reasons you've given. If you're bolder you probably don't mind. Thanks for adding. x"

Yes it is a swingers site not a stalking site. I like to be able to see who is close by but 1/4 of a mile is close enough.

limerick

Ofcourse we want to meet, and we use the who is near when we at events, incase there's someone closer that caught our attention but we think that the proximity that shows is perfect, anything else closer is too creepy.

Lina.

Chester

Close isn't creepy, it's just a fact. If you like the look of them you can dive in.

Chester

If you could choose the range that would be the answer to keep everyone that has responded happy. Thanks for your contribution. x

Hull

[Removed by poster at 26/03/24 10:19:44]

Hull

"I agree, you should leave the location on for exactly the reason it's there for. Ignore the creeps and don't respond or block them if you've no interest. "

I do ignore the creeps but if said creeps know they are outside my house and were sending me messages to say so I'd be calling the police because that is more like stalking. I live in a fairly small village and there are only three house close to mine so the distances you are talking about would really put me at risk of the creepy ones.

I think you can already see from the replies it would not be a popular change with the ladies so please stop trying to convince us otherwise.

Telling us to turn off a facility just because you and a few others, who would all appear to be men for some reason, want it closer is not helpful. Why should we have to be turning it on and off all the time when 1/4 of a mile is close enough? Women are already a minority on here and making them feel unsafe by helping creeps track them down is not a popular move.

It reminds me of the kids game where you tell them if they are hotter or colder when they are near something but with people as the object of the hunt.

Maybe I'm over thinking it but I'm sure a lot of women would agree.

Chester

I see your point, Juliette. We should be able to choose the range we are happy being seen at. X

north lanarkshire

"I agree, you should leave the location on for exactly the reason it's there for. Ignore the creeps and don't respond or block them if you've no interest.

I do ignore the creeps but if said creeps know they are outside my house and were sending me messages to say so I'd be calling the police because that is more like stalking. I live in a fairly small village and there are only three house close to mine so the distances you are talking about would really put me at risk of the creepy ones.

I think you can already see from the replies it would not be a popular change with the ladies so please stop trying to convince us otherwise.

Telling us to turn off a facility just because you and a few others, who would all appear to be men for some reason, want it closer is not helpful. Why should we have to be turning it on and off all the time when 1/4 of a mile is close enough? Women are already a minority on here and making them feel unsafe by helping creeps track them down is not a popular move.

It reminds me of the kids game where you tell them if they are hotter or colder when they are near something but with people as the object of the hunt.

Maybe I'm over thinking it but I'm sure a lot of women would agree."

By *ustBoWoman 5 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

No as it is I find it creepy as hell when someone actively goes searching for you using the feature. Which happened to me one night when I was at home and I live in a rural area. He actually thought messaging me at 10pm at night to tell me he was trying to find my house as was within quarter of a mile extremely creepy. I had only spoken to him once before he did this. He thought as he had gone to such effort he was entitled to a meet.He was blocked and I turned it off and haven't used that feature since.

But having it within touching distance would allow for more of that sort of creepy stalker like activity on here.It has nothing to do with people being open minded and willing but more to do with people think they would be entitled to sex with someone just because they happen to be in close vicinity,not to mention could lead to some very dangerous and awkward situations for people. Not everyone thinks sex is a priority just because they are on here and even less would want to fuck a randomer just because you happen to be that close by.

Hull

"No as it is I find it creepy as hell when someone actively goes searching for you using the feature. Which happened to me one night when I was at home and I live in a rural area. He actually thought messaging me at 10pm at night to tell me he was trying to find my house as was within quarter of a mile extremely creepy. I had only spoken to him once before he did this. He thought as he had gone to such effort he was entitled to a meet.He was blocked and I turned it off and haven't used that feature since.

But having it within touching distance would allow for more of that sort of creepy stalker like activity on here.It has nothing to do with people being open minded and willing but more to do with people think they would be entitled to sex with someone just because they happen to be in close vicinity,not to mention could lead to some very dangerous and awkward situations for people. Not everyone thinks sex is a priority just because they are on here and even less would want to fuck a randomer just because you happen to be that close by. "

Exactly this

By *imisugarWoman 5 weeks ago

Rugby

"No as it is I find it creepy as hell when someone actively goes searching for you using the feature. Which happened to me one night when I was at home and I live in a rural area. He actually thought messaging me at 10pm at night to tell me he was trying to find my house as was within quarter of a mile extremely creepy. I had only spoken to him once before he did this. He thought as he had gone to such effort he was entitled to a meet.He was blocked and I turned it off and haven't used that feature since.

But having it within touching distance would allow for more of that sort of creepy stalker like activity on here.It has nothing to do with people being open minded and willing but more to do with people think they would be entitled to sex with someone just because they happen to be in close vicinity,not to mention could lead to some very dangerous and awkward situations for people. Not everyone thinks sex is a priority just because they are on here and even less would want to fuck a randomer just because you happen to be that close by. "

That's seriously disturbing.

I wouldn't like it any closer and I very rarely use the feature.

north lanarkshire

But having it within touching distance would allow for more of that sort of creepy stalker like activity on here.It has nothing to do with people being open minded and willing but more to do with people think they would be entitled to sex with someone just because they happen to be in close vicinity,not to mention could lead to some very dangerous and awkward situations for people. Not everyone thinks sex is a priority just because they are on here and even less would want to fuck a randomer just because you happen to be that close by.

I wouldn't like it any closer and I very rarely use the feature. "

Eaxctly this, i had a guy message saying he must be very close to me and for me to stand at my window so he could drive round and see if he could see me! I often wonder what goes through guys minds sometimes when they think thats acceptable behaviour

Hull

I wouldn't like it any closer and I very rarely use the feature.

Eaxctly this, i had a guy message saying he must be very close to me and for me to stand at my window so he could drive round and see if he could see me! I often wonder what goes through guys minds sometimes when they think thats acceptable behaviour"

And what's more worrying is apparently the OP and a couple of other men on this thread think the pinpoint should be even closer so they wouldn't need you to stand at the window, it would lead them right to your door.

By *ree2goodhomeMan 5 weeks ago

bingham

"Why? Is within quarter of a mile not close enough? Its bad enough getting creepy messages from guys who say "we are close by" without having the really creepy messages saying "so close i could touch you" "

Totally agree

By *orkshirefucktruck1Couple 5 weeks ago

barnsley

Deffo doesnt need to be closer.the number of profiles we see with unfilled profiles spying on our account under a mile is unreal.we constant block shady close by profiles but then see them set a new one up day after to stalk away.its a good thing in the right hands but also helpful for non swingers on the site to stalk away.

By *inister_SpinsterWoman 5 weeks ago

North West

"I agree, you should leave the location on for exactly the reason it's there for. Ignore the creeps and don't respond or block them if you've no interest.

Maybe I'm over thinking it but I'm sure a lot of women would agree."

100% this.

By *assy LassieWoman 5 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

"Close isn't creepy, it's just a fact. If you like the look of them you can dive in. "

And this is the very reason it IS creepy. Just dive in ffs give your head a wobble... and I don't mean the one between your legs

By *udy3Man 5 weeks ago

Corby

I’d make the journey x

By *xposedInTheSunCouple 5 weeks ago

Cambridgeshire

Is 1/4 of a mile really necessary? Why not have a longer minimum distance?

north lanarkshire

"Is 1/4 of a mile really necessary? Why not have a longer minimum distance?"

The the creepy guys wont be able to tell us they are close by lol

By *umagain58Man 5 weeks ago

London

I was once stalked by women tracking me. She was very persistent and attention from her unwanted in this case as felt uncomfortable what she wanted. Ever since I have felt a lot of sympathy for ladies on here who often got hassled.

By *ugby 123Couple 5 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

To the OP you are in the right place for your suggestion, if Admin are going to implement it they will start a thread to let us know.

For info, it isn't compulsory to use who's near/Who is Nearby option, you can turn it off on your phone. If you are going to use it, then there shouldn't be any surprise if you do get a mail from someone near.

Might be time to close now as it seems to be turning into a male bashing thread.