FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Bareback filter

Bareback filter

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *akingHay OP   Couple 5 weeks ago

Mayfield

Hiya

I’m sure this will have been raised before but can we please have bareback moved from being an interest into an attribute similar to smoking. It’s an, important, adjunct to a lot of other interests and is the kind of lifestyle choice that will form a major part of many people’s decisions about meeting someone or not.

Thanks for your consideration!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uliette500Woman 5 weeks ago

Hull

People lie about it anyway so I doubt it would be helpful.

By *bi HaiveMan 5 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

I guess like any filter it'll require trust that a box has been ticked properly.

There's plenty of threads about 'straight' people who sometimes indulge in same sex activities.

Plus some may play safe with the majority, but unprotected with specific partners.

Personally I just work on the basis of playing safe with everyone bar a partner. It's not something I'd ever make a decision on based on a ticked box or filter.

And if people don't want to use protection then that's a discussion to have with meets surely?

By *stwo60Couple 5 weeks ago

Hampshire

Absolutely fair point

By *inkForLifeCouple 5 weeks ago

North Shields

There is no bareback on Fabswingers only on fab guys?

It exists on fab guys, presumably because it's an interest, not a filter.

Fully agree there should be a bareback option on Fabswingers, however it's an interest, not a filter option. It's no different to someone ticking anal and you not wanting anal (anal bias a higher sti rate), should that also be a filter?

By *amieLDN22Man 5 weeks ago

London

Definitely should be included in interests category. I think a lot of people are having that discussion in the messages anyway and once they find a regular playmate they do have that convo at some point.

By *andJ2005Couple 5 weeks ago

North Yorkshire

Agree that Bareback should be an interest.

The amount of profiles we have to go through, read and dissect is unbelievable.

Please make this an "Interest" Fab!

By *ucka39Man 5 weeks ago

Newcastle

Showing safe sex or not would be bareback

By *panking masterMan 5 weeks ago

Washington

"People lie about it anyway so I doubt it would be helpful. "
people lie about smoking to get a meet too

By *ophieslutTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Central

People can add and remove interests, to get included in desired people's searches etc.

It would be helpful to include bareback, as it's commonly discussed and some would prefer to exclude those with it as an interest.

But, obviously interest lists can change by the minute

By *edonismproMan 5 weeks ago

Essex

"I guess like any filter it'll require trust that a box has been ticked properly. "

Not just filters - you need to trust that that the person you're talking to is even the right gender, looks like their photos or is in the location they say they are. So much of this lifestyle is trust based.

"Plus some may play safe with the majority, but unprotected with specific partners."

I don't think that's an argument against a filter, because whenever someone ticks any other filter, they will definitely have some conditions on that play or activity too - eg ticking watersports might mean you like giving it instead of receiving it - same with rimming - just because someone ticks the "making videos" filter doesn't mean they want their face on show - and role play is a huge kink, the filter on its own doesn't capture what kind of role play a person likes. The conditions for exactly how a person wants to play can are often are found in their about me section.

"And if people don't want to use protection then that's a discussion to have with meets surely?"

Bareback is a polarising one, so making members get into a conversation about it is wasting people's time. You might spend ages talking to someone before getting to the subject, only to realise they're into bareback or exclusively safe sex, and the conversation went nowhere.

People who have health issues or want that kind of play can search for partners much more easily if there was a filter for it. People who want to play safe with no exceptions have a big red flag showing them exactly who to avoid before even firing off a message. Win win.

And it's weird that it's a filter on Fabguys but not here - so the "safe sex promotion" argument isn't being applied consistently.

By *inkForLifeCouple 5 weeks ago

North Shields

I think Fab should include a "last modified date" for each interest. So in your list of interests it shows the last date it was changed, that way if people are fiddling interests or orientation to avoid filters it is more obvious.

This would be especially helpful for orientation.

By *ink vixenCouple 5 weeks ago

Medway

We once met a man who swore he didn’t smoke.

Guess what….?

By *ackmeoviMan 4 weeks ago

nearby

Agree it should be a interest

By *londebiguyMan 4 weeks ago

Southport

"We once met a man who swore he didn’t smoke.

Guess what….?"

I've had that too.

Even if they don't before the meet and brush/ mouthwash. You can actually taste it anyway.

It's vile.

Makes cum bitter.

By *urious LongtonMan 4 weeks ago

Longton

You can suggest bareback as an option on here till the cows come home ,same as p*ppers should be allowed as an interest but neither will be allowed as admin and moderators don't want it!!!

By *ucka39Man 4 weeks ago

Newcastle

It's all down to the site safety and wellbeing of its users in promoting safe sex anything anyone decided to do beyond that it's them and not the site

By *AM2214Man 4 weeks ago

Manchester Area

Plenty of other things could be added as filters too...good query, but dorm hold your breath unless you are adding a request for that ?? mk too

By *exbecs12Woman 4 weeks ago

Land of roman gods

"I guess like any filter it'll require trust that a box has been ticked properly.

Not just filters - you need to trust that that the person you're talking to is even the right gender, looks like their photos or is in the location they say they are. So much of this lifestyle is trust based.

Plus some may play safe with the majority, but unprotected with specific partners.

I don't think that's an argument against a filter, because whenever someone ticks any other filter, they will definitely have some conditions on that play or activity too - eg ticking watersports might mean you like giving it instead of receiving it - same with rimming - just because someone ticks the "making videos" filter doesn't mean they want their face on show - and role play is a huge kink, the filter on its own doesn't capture what kind of role play a person likes. The conditions for exactly how a person wants to play can are often are found in their about me section.

And if people don't want to use protection then that's a discussion to have with meets surely?

Bareback is a polarising one, so making members get into a conversation about it is wasting people's time. You might spend ages talking to someone before getting to the subject, only to realise they're into bareback or exclusively safe sex, and the conversation went nowhere.

People who have health issues or want that kind of play can search for partners much more easily if there was a filter for it. People who want to play safe with no exceptions have a big red flag showing them exactly who to avoid before even firing off a message. Win win.

And it's weird that it's a filter on Fabguys but not here - so the "safe sex promotion" argument isn't being applied consistently."

Agree with last paragraph

By *exbecs12Woman 4 weeks ago

Land of roman gods

You can always put it in your Fab CV and first message

By *oroRick1027Man 4 weeks ago

The Boro

Surely if you haven't selected safe sex, then you are up for bareback. Simple really.

By *eandmrsjones69Couple 4 weeks ago

Middle England

"Surely if you haven't selected safe sex, then you are up for bareback. Simple really."

But those that participate in bareback say that they get tested regularly; perhaps even more so than those that "play safe" and therefore they can select 'safe sex' and still have bareback sex.

Whilst we can see that logic it would be nice to have it on the profile. It should all be about choice.

There are some on the site that only want bareback and those that don't. Yes people can select it or not but it could be a useful filter for some people.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS 4 weeks ago

Chichester

"Surely if you haven't selected safe sex, then you are up for bareback. Simple really."

Not really as most people do oral without barrier. Most people are kissing in group / club environments etc. so some could be ticking or not ticking as this reason

Having condom only as an interest would be viable if admin don’t want to use term

Bareback

By *w79Man 4 weeks ago

Stalbridge

Agreed & on fab-guys as well please.

By *lex.and.SexCouple 4 weeks ago

Bedale

It should be a filterable criteria, I can't recall if that makes it an "interest" or not.

Those who want it exclusively can filter out those who don't and vice versa.

Otherwise frankly it's a pointless time sink getting quite a way into a chat with a view to play to find you have a fundamental incompatibility

By *untimeswithme69Man 3 weeks ago

London

Would be a handy filter for sure

By *undalk_SabreMan 2 weeks ago

Dundalk

By *edonismproMan 4 days ago

Essex

Also doesn't make sense that you can search for people who like "safe sex" but can't for "bareback"?

By *ucka39Man 4 days ago

Newcastle

"Also doesn't make sense that you can search for people who like "safe sex" but can't for "bareback"?"

What about smoking and non smoking

By *eparated_galWoman 3 days ago

Swinton

Most lie anyway, most guys that have safe sex on profile if i say i like bareback straight they say yes, so itll be pointless

By *eandmrsjones69Couple 3 days ago

Middle England

"Most lie anyway, most guys that have safe sex on profile if i say i like bareback straight they say yes, so itll be pointless "

That's because of how such features are implemented on this site; not if it was done using more 'modern' technology.

And as stated before it's still a useful filter for searching.

By *egmanMan 3 days ago

Launceston

People lie about everything here...

By *ikesEmBigMan 3 days ago

Herts

"People lie about everything here...

"

But it really can suck itself

By *edonismproMan 2 hours ago

Essex

"Most lie anyway, most guys that have safe sex on profile if i say i like bareback straight they say yes, so itll be pointless "

They could also lie about being smokers, their cock size or being bi...they could lie about anything, swinging/NSA sex always involves a lot of trust.

By *untimeswithme69Man 55 minutes ago

London

Would be really handy to have this filter.

» Add a new message to this topic