FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Technical Question & A Warning

Technical Question & A Warning

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *urrey Dave 69 OP   Man 4 weeks ago

Epsom, Surrey

At home I browse Fabswingers on my laptop. This morning I was doing this but had taken a break and left my laptop turned on and the page happened to be on a profile I had been looking at. After about 5 or so minutes a female voice started reading out loud the details of the profile, their location, their interests etc.

My guess is that this is a Microsoft AI function kicking in but I have not (knowingly) turned any new programs on.

Luckily I was by myself but if I had left the room to do something and my son or daughter had been in the room it could have been extremely embarrassing. It probably isn't a Fabswingers function but I'm posting the issue on here as I think this is probably the most appropriate forum.

Can anyone advise what I can do to stop this happening again. In the meantime I've turned off the audio but I do need to keep remembering to do this so would like a better solution. I don't know if this AI function works with all websites

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awty_TwoCouple 4 weeks ago

Ashford

"At home I browse Fabswingers on my laptop. This morning I was doing this but had taken a break and left my laptop turned on and the page happened to be on a profile I had been looking at. After about 5 or so minutes a female voice started reading out loud the details of the profile, their location, their interests etc.

My guess is that this is a Microsoft AI function kicking in but I have not (knowingly) turned any new programs on.

Luckily I was by myself but if I had left the room to do something and my son or daughter had been in the room it could have been extremely embarrassing. It probably isn't a Fabswingers function but I'm posting the issue on here as I think this is probably the most appropriate forum.

Can anyone advise what I can do to stop this happening again. In the meantime I've turned off the audio but I do need to keep remembering to do this so would like a better solution. I don't know if this AI function works with all websites "

Just never leave a laptop unlocked if children in the house if there is anything on it if an adult nature.

Epsom, Surrey

"

Just never leave a laptop unlocked if children in the house if there is anything on it if an adult nature. "

Yes, or never look at adult sites is another solution.

I was hoping that someone could advise me of a way to turn off whatever function caused this so I could continue using my laptop the way I've been doing for the last 20 years.

By *icecouple561Couple 4 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Windows 10 and 11 have a text to speech function called Narrator. You need to enable it though. Is that a possibility?

By *CBoyTV/TS 4 weeks ago

Penygraig

Could be something for blind users. Check Accessabilty" in settings. I know a while a ago my phone started acting up like that and I'd accidentally touched some switch I didn't know existed

Epsom, Surrey

"Windows 10 and 11 have a text to speech function called Narrator. You need to enable it though. Is that a possibility?"

I didn't know that existed. I have checked but it is turned off. I have gone through other possibilities in the Settings and can't see anything else it might be

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Windows 10 and 11 have a text to speech function called Narrator. You need to enable it though. Is that a possibility?

I didn't know that existed. I have checked but it is turned off. I have gone through other possibilities in the Settings and can't see anything else it might be"

You only need to press the windows key +control+enter to start it. Is it possible you did that?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Also Bing has a function called 'copilot' I'm not sure if that has text to speech.

Epsom, Surrey

Thanks everybody for the help

I'll put it down to me pressing something by mistake but will try and make sure I keep the audio turned off in case it happens again.

» Add a new message to this topic