FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > new mods pls

new mods pls

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

sat 19th 6 am

i was sat in the directing room and there were quite a few room users using constant caps..they carried on doin this taking no notice of any advice from other users

( yes my block button works)

would our wondefull site owners consider adding to the amount of mods we have pls

there are a cpl of early rising roomies that would make dam fine mods for you

ty

harry

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

which directing room normal chat or beta chat pls

As a chat mod I will try and visit the directing room more often and assume the other mods will too.

Take care, Steve

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

old directin room

oh the mods do come in

and they are real dam good mods to

it s just that we can not and do not expect you to be on line 24 hours a day

so a cpl more mods wud help pls

trys to be on 24 hours a day lol ill have a job hehehehehehe

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

We get similar in (old) London room. USers trying to direct (especially when back fromthe pub) and when told not to, they get nasty, I've received several whispers of "fuck off" and "get a life" from said individuals - its cool, I report it, I also have the option of blocking, but it shouldn't be up to others if these individuals don't know hw to respect site rules.

"When good people do nothing, evil wins"

always go and get mod from another room, when they start there are usually a few on

or just click on their profile and report to admin

"or just click on their profile and report to admin "
if we done that think admin will be looking at the chat logs for a year and thats only after 1 day of reporting lol xxxx

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

"trys to be on 24 hours a day lol ill have a job hehehehehehe"

yeah .. richy for mod

By *aughtyNurse999Woman  over a year ago

Fabville !!!

i was on at silly o'clock other night and was asked to go to wales room then directing room lol.. we do try to cover all rooms

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

I work nights so am online during the early hours, I agree with Harry, but it's not just directing room that has an issue, general chat is a problem with people constantly posting email addy's / caps / and directing, quite often I've searched various rooms looking for a mod, understandably, due to the hour, most are in bed, in fairness to our existing mods, it's an issue that requires addressing.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"or just click on their profile and report to admin if we done that think admin will be looking at the chat logs for a year and thats only after 1 day of reporting lol xxxx"

If mods are not in chat and people don't report the people who are breaking rules, they know they can get away with it and do it anyway.

If people report , then the person can get a ban that way instead, they will then know they can't get away with it.

It is worth reporting.

By *rouble and strifeCouple  over a year ago

Nr Glasgow

"sat 19th 6 am

i was sat in the directing room and there were quite a few room users using constant caps..they carried on doin this taking no notice of any advice from other users

( yes my block button works)

would our wondefull site owners consider adding to the amount of mods we have pls

there are a cpl of early rising roomies that would make dam fine mods for you

ty

harry"

do CAPS really annoy people that much.its not as if you can hear them.SO FUCKIN CHILDISH

birmingham

"SO FUCKIN CHILDISH"

That's uncalled for.

Yes, caps are annoying especially when having a conversation with friends and it's constantly interpreted by messages posted in caps.

"harrydo CAPS really annoy people that much.its not as if you can hear them.SO FUCKIN CHILDISH"

Read rule 6 in the chat rules with regards to caps.

Wether you think it is childish or not, it is the rules and if that rule is allowed to be flaunted then the rest may as well follow then we'll have a free for all and a chatroom which no-one wants to use.

Nr Glasgow

"SO FUCKIN CHILDISH

That's uncalled for.

Yes, caps are annoying especially when having a conversation with friends and it's constantly interpreted by messages posted in caps."

although im not an offender.what difference does it make.we all left school years ago

birmingham

"what difference does it make"

If you were a regular poster in the chat rooms, you'd have no reason to ask that question.

"SO FUCKIN CHILDISH

That's uncalled for.

Yes, caps are annoying especially when having a conversation with friends and it's constantly interpreted by messages posted in caps.although im not an offender.what difference does it make.we all left school years ago"

The difference is that in doing so you break the rules, why can people not get a grasp of the fact. Rules are there to be ahdered to not broken.

Maybe it does seem like a silly rule, but it is a rule and that's all there is to it. if enough people feel that it is an innapropriate rule then by all means message Admin and I feel sure that if enough members feel the same way, they'll give it a fair hearing, but until then it's a rule that is in place and those who repeatedly break it will be banned from chat.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"what difference does it make

If you were a regular poster in the chat rooms, you'd have no reason to ask that question."

In the internet chat room world, it is considered rude to use caps.

And I agree, there is no need to be nasty when giving your view on the forums.

Nr Glasgow

If you were a regular poster in the chat rooms, you'd have no reason to ask that question.

And I agree, there is no need to be nasty when giving your view on the forums."

in the internet world who originallyconsidered it rude as i said a silly childish rule and if you look at all the advertising hits in the internet world...your words... they are all caps

[Removed by poster at 19/12/09 17:32:44]

rugby hun if no mods are in the room and sum 1 is using caps. if sum 1 in the room asks them very nice not to use caps but if they carry on is that the best time to report them u think??? (give them a change at least to drop it)

And I agree, there is no need to be nasty when giving your view on the forums.in the internet world who originallyconsidered it rude as i said a silly childish rule and if you look at all the advertising hits in the internet world...your words... they are all caps"

It is still an active rule on this and many other sites. Those who continually break it will be banned like it or not - even if they think it is childish.

Typo corrected

Nr Glasgow

And I agree, there is no need to be nasty when giving your view on the forums.in the internet world who originallyconsidered it rude as i said a silly childish rule and if you look at all the advertising hits in the internet world...your words... they are all caps"

even in our chatroom advertising it reads .....NEW DUREX SEX TOY...CLICK HERE..

Forum Mod

O o O oo

For us personally, using chat rooms for about 8 years now, every chatroom we have been in it is considered rude to use caps.

I didn't make the rule, I just followed it as for me there is not real reason to be rude when asked not to.

And I agree, there is no need to be nasty when giving your view on the forums.in the internet world who originallyconsidered it rude as i said a silly childish rule and if you look at all the advertising hits in the internet world...your words... they are all capseven in our chatroom advertising it reads .....NEW DUREX SEX TOY...CLICK HERE.."

Become a site supporter and you won't have to look at the ads then

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"rugby hun if no mods are in the room and sum 1 is using caps. if sum 1 in the room asks them very nice not to use caps but if they carry on is that the best time to report them u think??? (give them a change at least to drop it) "

Yes Richy if it is a constant use of caps, or any rule that is being broken to be honest

Nr Glasgow

And I agree, there is no need to be nasty when giving your view on the forums.in the internet world who originallyconsidered it rude as i said a silly childish rule and if you look at all the advertising hits in the internet world...your words... they are all caps

For us personally, using chat rooms for about 8 years now, every chatroom we have been in it is considered rude to use caps.

I didn't make the rule, I just followed it as for me there is not real reason to be rude when asked not to."

so its one rule for us and a different one for the advertisers.maybe if you see my point you can take it up with the admin

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I don't see your point to be honest.

For me you are splitting hairs.

Obviously there are capitals used all over the net, but in internet chatrooms they are considered rude if people chat in caps.

It is a simple rule that most chatters are happy to agree too....so I am not sure what the problem is.

Nr Glasgow

And I agree, there is no need to be nasty when giving your view on the forums.in the internet world who originallyconsidered it rude as i said a silly childish rule and if you look at all the advertising hits in the internet world...your words... they are all capseven in our chatroom advertising it reads .....NEW DUREX SEX TOY...CLICK HERE..

Become a site supporter and you won't have to look at the ads then"

if folk are using caps dont read them or let it annoy you

And I agree, there is no need to be nasty when giving your view on the forums.in the internet world who originallyconsidered it rude as i said a silly childish rule and if you look at all the advertising hits in the internet world...your words... they are all capseven in our chatroom advertising it reads .....NEW DUREX SEX TOY...CLICK HERE..

Become a site supporter and you won't have to look at the ads thenif folk are using caps dont read them or let it annoy you"

It doesn't annoy me one little bit - I just ban them in accordance with the rules

if people read the rules then they shundt be no caps in any of the rooms it only takes 3 mins to read them. simple init

Seems straight forward enough to me, and if they see a rule that they don't agree with or feel that they are unable to adhere to - don't go into chat - reasonable or not ?

Nr Glasgow

Become a site supporter and you won't have to look at the ads thenif folk are using caps dont read them or let it annoy you

It doesn't annoy me one little bit - I just ban them in accordance with the rules "

so you would block someone that maybe partially sited but didnt want to air there dirty washing by telling you.most partially sited internet users use caps

Become a site supporter and you won't have to look at the ads thenif folk are using caps dont read them or let it annoy you

It doesn't annoy me one little bit - I just ban them in accordance with the rules so you would block someone that maybe partially sited but didnt want to air there dirty washing by telling you.most partially sited internet users use caps"

In a nutshell, Yes

By *reddie and Lilo LilCouple  over a year ago

between edinburgh and glasgow

I have been a regular chat room user on other sites for many years. Sometimes, people inadvertently hit the caps lock button by mistake. Some people are, believe it or not, not computer literate and have problems understanding how the cap lock key works. I even know of some people who struggle to read the text and type in capitals to make it easier to see what they are typing. Other people are maybe not very well 'up' on the unwritten rules of chat and don't see anything wrong with typing in caps. Personally, I do not judge people for typing in capital letters. I may ask if they are shouting and often have to explain what I mean. The vast majority of people then realise and correct this and others will give me an explanation. If they continue to 'shout' for no valid reason, I just ignore it. I have a lot more going on in my life to let a very small insignificant thing like capital letters annoy me. But remember, there are people who use them for a reason, ie, people with impaired sight, and allowances should made. It is a stupid rule anyway. As for banning people, I wouldn't dream of doing that without a damn good reason.

"Seems straight forward enough to me, and if they see a rule that they don't agree with or feel that they are unable to adhere to - don't go into chat - reasonable or not ?"
defo cundnt have said it betta

"I have been a regular chat room user on other sites for many years. Sometimes, people inadvertently hit the caps lock button by mistake. Some people are, believe it or not, not computer literate and have problems understanding how the cap lock key works. I even know of some people who struggle to read the text and type in capitals to make it easier to see what they are typing. Other people are maybe not very well 'up' on the unwritten rules of chat and don't see anything wrong with typing in caps. Personally, I do not judge people for typing in capital letters. I may ask if they are shouting and often have to explain what I mean. The vast majority of people then realise and correct this and others will give me an explanation. If they continue to 'shout' for no valid reason, I just ignore it. I have a lot more going on in my life to let a very small insignificant thing like capital letters annoy me. But remember, there are people who use them for a reason, ie, people with impaired sight, and allowances should made. It is a stupid rule anyway. As for banning people, I wouldn't dream of doing that without a damn good reason."

Thats why I warn people before I ban them and also why I post a general warning script in the room when I log in and also why the chat rules are scrolled automatically through the room every 10 minutes or so.

By *reddie and Lilo LilCouple  over a year ago

between edinburgh and glasgow

I've never read chat room rules in my life. And if everyone on here was honest, the vast majority would admit to joining Fab and jumping straight into the chat room without stopping off to read the rule page! I learned the rules over the years as I went along, by receiving the odd bit of advice here and there. I'm sure this applies to most people.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I've never read chat room rules in my life. And if everyone on here was honest, the vast majority would admit to joining Fab and jumping straight into the chat room without stopping off to read the rule page! I learned the rules over the years as I went along, by receiving the odd bit of advice here and there. I'm sure this applies to most people."

And probably this post takes it full circle to the first post.

People breaking rules as they probably havn't read them in the first place

;-)

we joined ova a year ago read the rules with in 2 mins thts y we havnt been banned lol. maybe sum peeps think they will waste 3 mins of w***ing time and them are the 1s that get banned all the time hehehehehe

Writing in CAPS is actually proven to be harder to read. Generally partially sighted people need a larger type size rather than caps. I produce a magazine and have guidelines from societies for partially sighted people and they state that CAPS (and italics) (and other things besides) are actually worse for partially sighted people, so I think that's all a red herring in the CAPS v. banned debate.

"we joined ova a year ago read the rules with in 2 mins thts y we havnt been banned lol. maybe sum peeps think they will waste 3 mins of w***ing time and them are the 1s that get banned all the time hehehehehe"

I can soon fix that for ya Richy fella pmsl

Only kidding

"we joined ova a year ago read the rules with in 2 mins thts y we havnt been banned lol. maybe sum peeps think they will waste 3 mins of w***ing time and them are the 1s that get banned all the time hehehehehe

Only kidding "

thank fuk u kidding im a god boy in chat lol

"we joined ova a year ago read the rules with in 2 mins thts y we havnt been banned lol. maybe sum peeps think they will waste 3 mins of w***ing time and them are the 1s that get banned all the time hehehehehe

Only kidding thank fuk u kidding im a god boy in chat lol"

reet ill let u peeps carry on we off out 2 a party have fun and play nice lol xxxxxxx

Lucky buggers , We'll just sit at home like Billy No Mates and enjoy our cheap cider from ASDA lol

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We'll be adding new mods in the new year. In meantime, please click through to their profile and REPORT these users. An admin will review the report, the chat logs and take action

Admin x