FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Blocking Single Men

Blocking Single Men

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andyTrucker59 OP   Man  over a year ago

north east

Is it possible to set up another group as "Married but Looking".

Some profiles block Single men at start when they set up profile, possibly not realising that blocks all men on site.

As they have listed looking for men, but not single men, they cannot be contacted by users who wish to contact them.

obv can be later abused by singles changing to "married but looking" if realise that can be done

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

In confused, I thought "single men" on this site applied to men playing on their own... Or do you mean that your wife would be involved aswell? x

Herts

As in it's not your relationship status but how you would be playing (alone or with a partner, ect). x

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"Is it possible to set up another group as "Married but Looking".

Some profiles block Single men at start when they set up profile, possibly not realising that blocks all men on site.

As they have listed looking for men, but not single men, they cannot be contacted by users who wish to contact them.obv can be later abused by singles changing to "married but looking" if realise that can be done"

I would imagine they know it blocks all men apart from those on here as half of a couple. Wether your married, single or anything else if you have a single male profile then it won't matter.

The reason they block and still say looking for single guys is so they can do the looking rather than get bombarded with mails from every single guy on the site

Herts

"I would imagine they know it blocks all men apart from those on here as half of a couple. Whether you're married, single or anything else if you have a single male profile then it won't matter.

The reason they block and still say looking for single guys is so they can do the looking rather than get bombarded with mails from every single guy on the site "

This, we used to do it aswell.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I am guessing they are not wanting to play with men who are playing as single rather than they want to play with married men.

If people are looking for single men but have them blocked, they might be the ones who like to choose who they mail.

By *uncpl2015Couple  over a year ago

Bridgend Area

Have to agree whether you are married but looking or not.. doesnt change thr fact you are on here to play as a male alone ie you are not part of a couple.

So if people have single males blocked that includes you as well.

Some people may want single makes if they want to look for them but prefer not to allow males to look for them.

And cant imagine many single guys would change from single to married but looking as there would likely be even fewer people wanting to meet them than there is as a single guy.

If people have males blocked they do not want to be contacted by males. you would be better to concentrate on the ones that are happy to be contacted by single males.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

OK so.....

A "married but looking" category would be useful for peeps who don't want to lie about their status, but also want to meet strangers for sex (without their partners)

Why not just put it in the text of your profile - "married but looking"?

To say "married but looking" is definitely more honest than lying and saying "I'm single". And many people will appreciate your honesty!

But.... there are other websites which facilitate "cheating" partners. And 'swinging' is something very different. Personally, I would prefer Fab to cater for genuine swingers, rather than to move into the "married-affairs" space.

But feel free to disagree

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

And what stops several men changing their I'm guessing this is some "Marital status" field to be added when profiles are setup, not just a "profile type = single / couple"

But what stops "all" single men profile types then changing the (new) marital status from "single" to "married"? Kinda gets around that block

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

As they have listed looking for men, but not single men, they cannot be contacted by users who wish to contact them.

obv can be later abused by singles changing to "married but looking" if realise that can be done"

The filter blocks men playing alone, whether they are married in real life or not.

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

obv can be later abused by singles changing to "married but looking" if realise that can be done"

The choice you make when you sign up is "You are on the site as a..." with the choices of Male, Female, Couple (MF), Male Couple (MM), Female Couple (FF) or TV/TS/CD. This isn't the same as Marital Status!

I suspect that if single males were able to change their Account Type to "Married but looking", they'd find themselves blocked by a much higher percentage of the other users than they'd gain by those specifically looking for them!

I think that those profiles that block single men do it quite deliberately, so as not to be deluged by messages. When they then want singles, they'll do the looking.

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Not looking for single men doesnt mean looking for married/playing alone men....

[Removed by poster at 29/03/13 13:18:39]

Id be 99.9% certain that anyone clever enough to locate and activate specific filters knows exactly who those filters will exclude from contacting them.

It won't happen by accident and it's down to personal preference as to who initiates contact - hence it may still say looking for M or MM.

It's not exactly rocket science is it?

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

"Not looking for single men doesnt mean looking for married/playing alone men...."

Hahaha - I was waiting for someone to say that. Supposedly "single man" has been assumed to be "I have a profile I use individually as a man" being different from "I may or may not be single - in fact I'm married". Lol.

» Add a new message to this topic