FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > May 2024 Subject removed in private mails - Part 2

May 2024 Subject removed in private mails - Part 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inkyfun southcoast OP   Man 6 weeks ago

South Wales / South Coast

As the other thread got too big and closed, let’s carry on the debate here…

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *69meMan 6 weeks ago

Cambridgeshire

To me, it's the thin edge of the wedge to removing this feature entirely (although why you would want to, is totally beyond me).

Microsoft do it all the time: they make the thing they want to remove unusable, or hide it away somewhere where nobody can find it, and then wait. After a while, they then say "well, nobody is using this feature, so we're going to remove it".

Seriously... this is STUPID idea.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!

By *icked JezebelWoman 6 weeks ago

East Midlands not

Won't be renewing subscription. Will all the feedback actually be taken on board or just ignored. Really disappointed Fab, sort it out!

By *idden Gem69Woman 6 weeks ago

north lanarkshire

"Won't be renewing subscription. Will all the feedback actually be taken on board or just ignored. Really disappointed Fab, sort it out!"

Why? What difference does a header make? The person messaging can still put a header at the start of the message and the recipient will still this 1st in the 1st line of the message

By *herryEatersCouple 6 weeks ago

East Cheshire

"Won't be renewing subscription. Will all the feedback actually be taken on board or just ignored. Really disappointed Fab, sort it out!

Why? What difference does a header make? The person messaging can still put a header at the start of the message and the recipient will still this 1st in the 1st line of the message"

Wanted features not added and current features removed without consultation with paying members !. Add that to the sea of fakes and timewasters on here now and you have your answer ~

By *angibleMan 6 weeks ago

Norwich

If you don't reinstate the subject line with a popup to populate it before sending if it's empty, can you implement a two step sending option in the settings? Using a touch screen I've found it embarrassingly easy to send an incomplete message.

Thanks.

By *ohn WestMan 6 weeks ago

Wirral

Site was poor anyway (loads of timewasters) and you've actually found a way to make it worse!

north lanarkshire

"Won't be renewing subscription. Will all the feedback actually be taken on board or just ignored. Really disappointed Fab, sort it out!

Why? What difference does a header make? The person messaging can still put a header at the start of the message and the recipient will still this 1st in the 1st line of the message

Wanted features not added and current features removed without consultation with paying members !. Add that to the sea of fakes and timewasters on here now and you have your answer ~"

You dont need to pay to use the site you can message without site support status, removing a header isnt going to stop timewasters and fakes, Fab cant stop them either, how do you suggest fab can do that?

north lanarkshire

"Site was poor anyway (loads of timewasters) and you've actually found a way to make it worse!"

And your still here, if the site is so poor why continue to use it? Hows removing a header going to make it worse?

By *herryEatersCouple 6 weeks ago

East Cheshire

"You dont need to pay to use the site you can message without site support status, removing a header isnt going to stop timewasters and fakes, Fab cant stop them either, how do you suggest fab can do that?"

Simple !!, bring back the effective admin that were here 10 years ago !!. Also block the IP address of serious or repeat offenders like they used to (stops you rejoining).

By *udeNTw1stedMan 6 weeks ago
Forum Mod

"You dont need to pay to use the site you can message without site support status, removing a header isnt going to stop timewasters and fakes, Fab cant stop them either, how do you suggest fab can do that?

Simple !!, bring back the effective admin that were here 10 years ago !!. Also block the IP address of serious or repeat offenders like they used to (stops you rejoining)."

Blocking an ip does nothing at all.

ip's are dynamic not static. So you would just reboot the router and you have a new ip.

By *lue eyed savageMan 6 weeks ago

Leicestershire

For the life of me, I can’t think of a good reason why this feature was removed.

If you have a title you can write a header that makes you stand out, not many do but it’s still useful.

Many women, and couples, have a keyword they expect people to include in the header proving that they have made the effort to read their profile.

The absence of the header will leave this initial vetting procedure redundant. Although I don’t have that much mail, if I were a woman looking for a literate guy who had read, and fully understood what I was looking for, I’d use it as a very useful tool for sifting through 500 dick picture profiles.

north lanarkshire

"For the life of me, I can’t think of a good reason why this feature was removed.

If you have a title you can write a header that makes you stand out, not many do but it’s still useful.

Many women, and couples, have a keyword they expect people to include in the header proving that they have made the effort to read their profile.

The absence of the header will leave this initial vetting procedure redundant. Although I don’t have that much mail, if I were a woman looking for a literate guy who had read, and fully understood what I was looking for, I’d use it as a very useful tool for sifting through 500 dick picture profiles."

Most put Hi as a header hows that going to help vet people? As for those asking for a keyword if your daft enough to jump through hoops for people you can still put the word 1st in ur message as you still see the 1st line

By *ovingcplwalesCouple 6 weeks ago

Bangor

This update is utter rubbish. The site has been going downhill for a while and messing around with what was a working formula isn't going to fix it. Not the first to say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Nor are we the first to bemoan the loss of this feature as a great way to create and gain first impressions of a person.

What's worse is, its not even been properly removed and now we just get NS heading the top of every message.

Not Suitable!!! So disappointed in this utterly pointless change

By *Q_GentMan 6 weeks ago

Northern Quarter

"Most put Hi as a header hows that going to help vet people?"

Because the people who make an effort with an interesting header actually stand out and are more likely to get their message read.

By *ugby 123Couple 6 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"You dont need to pay to use the site you can message without site support status, removing a header isnt going to stop timewasters and fakes, Fab cant stop them either, how do you suggest fab can do that?

Simple !!, bring back the effective admin that were here 10 years ago !!. "

It is the same owners (Admin) as 10 years ago. They took over in 2009

By *0ldenWoman 6 weeks ago

Leicester

[Removed by poster at 11/05/24 09:34:48]

By *abaFwonkleCouple 6 weeks ago

South Shields

It would make a lot more sense to make other changes, such as a minimum message length, than to make this change that has little impact. Also people are used to clicking on the user name in a message to view a profile, not the photo, why change something people are already used to and is, on the face of it, an unneccessary change and probably a bug that developers are trying to turn into a 'feature'

By *ig daddy 1969Man 6 weeks ago

manchester

"To me, it's the thin edge of the wedge to removing this feature entirely (although why you would want to, is totally beyond me).

Microsoft do it all the time: they make the thing they want to remove unusable, or hide it away somewhere where nobody can find it, and then wait. After a while, they then say "well, nobody is using this feature, so we're going to remove it".

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!"

100%

By *ambertMan 6 weeks ago

Cheltenham

Stupid idea.

Fab you already have a website that feels like it was made by a 12 year old using geocities in 2002.

Removing features is not the way to go.

Sort out the UI instead.

Fix the bugs.

Actually start a proper complaints procedure and have a contactable help desk.

Pathetic.

By *ungandmatureMan 6 weeks ago

Ashford

This is probably the most important thing that has caused large numbers to either complain, or offer their ideas.

Is it not time we received something by way of response from the site owners, organisers or tech people?

By *urious2beMan 6 weeks ago

Brecon

Replace the word “Subject” with “First word” instead. Wasn’t that easy?!.

"For the life of me, I can’t think of a good reason why this feature was removed.

The absence of the header will leave this initial vetting procedure redundant. Although I don’t have that much mail, if I were a woman looking for a literate guy who had read, and fully understood what I was looking for, I’d use it as a very useful tool for sifting through 500 dick picture profiles."

By (user no longer on site) 6 weeks ago

This issue i have a good subject phrase can stand to single women and couples when a guys messages. Now gents have to just hope women or couples read EVERY message that is sent to them, which we all know it impossible for some due to the high number they receive.

So annoying!!

By *assy LassieWoman 6 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

Jesus wept. So many tits in a tangle over this. No wonder there are few changes made.

Can't please all of the people n all that.

It's a header ffs. Is it really that important.

By *p2norfolkngoodMan 6 weeks ago

Norwich

"Jesus wept. So many tits in a tangle over this. No wonder there are few changes made.

Can't please all of the people n all that.

It's a header ffs. Is it really that important. "

To some people yes it is everyone is entitled to their opinion and the feedback should make the site better, also as people have pointed out other suggestions have been made and nothing is done so yes some sort of feedback and voting or testing of new features is normally how it’s done

By *osey WalesMan 6 weeks ago

Surrey

Makes little difference to me. The few messages that have appeared in my inbox since it happened, some have a subject line at the start others dont.

What does it really matter.

By *irty_mindMan 6 weeks ago

in the sticks

There are so many things that need fixing and features that need implementing and what do you do? Mess with something that was not broken.

This is not WhatsApp and you don't have to try to imitate WhatsApp. People who want to use WhatsApp will use WhatsApp

By *ea_toastkinkyWoman 6 weeks ago

Hinckley

I hate that it's been removed. An interesting message header was a great and guaranteed way to get a message read.

A subject comment based on a forum post I made or a photo I'd posted, again instantly alerted me to someone who was interested in more than just messaging because I'm 'online now'.

By no means do I have 1000s of messages like other women here but I'm currently on 115 unread today and I'm having to mass delete based on same old same old dick pic, unimaginative handle and absence of paperclip.

It feels like this move has happened to make more women open messages from guys they aren't usually interested in. It will back fire as we will just switch to ramping up the delete and block buttons.

By *ohnfromnwukMan 6 weeks ago

North Manchester

Have to say I think you're fixing a problem that was never there. Perhaps you'd be better using your time banning and blocking the h**kers and pimps asking for money who are still on the site after being reported.

By *bi HaiveMan 6 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

I quite like it.

The subject header was never important to me. So many 'hi' or 'hey' headers.

What motivates me to read a message is the quality of the profile sending it. Like many I view that before opening a message.

It'll probably annoy those that insist on a hidden word being used to show someone has read a profile, but to be that was always a pretty pointless requirement anyway. Anyone can pop a keyword in. Doesn't mean they're the least bit suitable or have actually digested the content written.

It might encourage some to read messages of course, and others to write decent ones in the first place.

By *ibido69Man 6 weeks ago

Dorset

Everyone should be photo verified before being able to use the site no exception that would get rid of fakes. Also can fab implement a way to stop people messaging from miles and miles away like age set mileage limit for messaging

By *ibido69Man 6 weeks ago

Dorset

[Removed by poster at 11/05/24 14:35:08]

By *oxy jWoman 6 weeks ago

somerset

"I quite like it.

What motivates me to read a message is the quality of the profile sending it. Like many I view that before opening a message.

It'll probably annoy those that insist on a hidden word being used to show someone has read a profile, but to be that was always a pretty pointless requirement anyway. Anyone can pop a keyword in. Doesn't mean they're the least bit suitable or have actually digested the content written.

It might encourage some to read messages of course, and others to write decent ones in the first place. "

''It might encourage some to read messages'' it wont all it will do is make women and couples read less you have to remember the inbox of a guy is vastly different to the inbox of women and couples .... i will be for sure just mass deleting alot more

By *bi HaiveMan 6 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I quite like it.

It might encourage some to read messages of course, and others to write decent ones in the first place.

''It might encourage some to read messages'' it wont all it will do is make women and couples read less you have to remember the inbox of a guy is vastly different to the inbox of women and couples .... i will be for sure just mass deleting alot more "

And that's fine. I was half a couple on here for a decade who just met single guys.

We blocked all incoming messages and sent them ourselves. That way we were only engaging with people we might be interested in. No guarantee they'd be interested in us of course.

Why should single guys be expected to do all the work, when couples and women would have greater odds of finding suitable matches simply by looking and messaging themselves?

By *oxy jWoman 6 weeks ago

somerset

"I quite like it.

''It might encourage some to read messages'' it wont all it will do is make women and couples read less you have to remember the inbox of a guy is vastly different to the inbox of women and couples .... i will be for sure just mass deleting alot more

And that's fine. I was half a couple on here for a decade who just met single guys.

We blocked all incoming messages and sent them ourselves. That way we were only engaging with people we might be interested in. No guarantee they'd be interested in us of course.

Why should single guys be expected to do all the work, when couples and women would have greater odds of finding suitable matches simply by looking and messaging themselves?

"

i know who you are lol...

im not looking for tips 30 years on the scene has and does serve me well i / we shall not change how we pick n meet guys very few come from fab now days never kept our eggs in one basket ..

look fab as a online site is still king it will take alot to knock it off its perch but removing things that were not a problem and indeed a tool for some was not a good idea ...full stop

i for one never expect guys to do all the work for me its a 50/50 interaction but im not blocking all guys ill just manually block as ive always done and im one of those who do message guys even thou i dont really need too ... but that header really did make some stand out for right or wrong reasons just a silly move to get rid of ...

a week or two from now all will be forgotten and people doing things a slightly different way with more forom post of ''why wont they read my message''

By *osey WalesMan 6 weeks ago

Surrey

I forgot all about tbe hidden code word profiles...

Guess they'll either have to rewrite their profiles or it will become the norm that the first few words of a message will be capitalised (or not) and act as the subject line

By *azzberryMan 6 weeks ago

Liverpool

[Removed by poster at 11/05/24 16:30:28]

By *Q_GentMan 6 weeks ago

Northern Quarter

"I quite like it.

It might encourage some to read messages of course, and others to write decent ones in the first place. "

Yet there hasn't been any suggestion as to why it is better without the header other than "it's quicker"

What exactly is the benefit of removing it against all the arguments for reinstating it?

By *onicZMan 6 weeks ago

Nottinghamshire

Put it back

By *arpe_diem82Man 6 weeks ago

Guildford

Missing the subject line. It was a way of showing some creativity and standing out in someone’s inbox!

By *wansea_richMan 6 weeks ago

swansea

[Removed by poster at 11/05/24 20:34:16]

By *wansea_richMan 6 weeks ago

swansea

Frustrating, without any apparent user engagement??

Please reinstate this feature. Thank you.

By *ilvery brownMan 6 weeks ago

lewisham

"Won't be renewing subscription. Will all the feedback actually be taken on board or just ignored. Really disappointed Fab, sort it out!"

So many time wasters. The heading allowed the recipient to figure out whether profile had been read or not. Hope feedback is taken on board and this feature restored.

By *asytiger1974Man 6 weeks ago

South Shields

If you think the missing header is bad, wait until they force the mail groupings into “threads” on here like they’ve done on fabguys. Worst implemented “feature” yet, as it makes every separate message part of the same single long “page” of messages harder to read, and can’t delete individual messages any more, only the whole conversation!

By *av-RickMan 6 weeks ago

Nearby

I rarely get messages but fully understand how useful the subject line was for those codewords or for those arranging numerous events to be able to tie a message to an event.

It seems an unnecessary update which doesn't improve the site.

I can certainly think of things I'd like to see improved first such as getting rid of only seeing your postcode area on the local updates rather than a radius from your set location.

By *xposedInTheSunCouple 5 weeks ago

Cambridgeshire

We found the subject line useful as well.

By *orksRockerMan 5 weeks ago

Bradford

Such a BAD idea...

Ladies get lots of messages and the Title line was a way of being able to distinguish if the message was worth reading.

Fir example, I may talk about a group or type of music and add that in the subject line. That way, they know I'm talking about something else rather than asking to meet etc, which alot of ladies get 100's.

Really, REALLY needs putting back.

By *xposedInTheSunCouple 5 weeks ago

Cambridgeshire

OK, this really is dumb.

I used to try and craft a suitable subject, and then start my actual message with "Hi" because I'm polite.

Now if I start the same way, then the one -line summary will just show "hi" which isn't a good look.

Interesting experiment, it didn't work...

By *ugby 123Couple 5 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok please remember you can't attack a person on the forum and that includes the site owner ( Admin )

Admin want all your feedback but keep it civil please and add your comments about the change and not the person posting it

By *ilted CameronMan 5 weeks ago

Hertfordsire, Edinurgh & London

Shocking decision. The introduction helps you filter stupid, often rude and lazy one word introductions. Bring back the headers!

By *p2norfolkngoodMan 5 weeks ago

Norwich

"If you think the missing header is bad, wait until they force the mail groupings into “threads” on here like they’ve done on fabguys. Worst implemented “feature” yet, as it makes every separate message part of the same single long “page” of messages harder to read, and can’t delete individual messages any more, only the whole conversation! "

That’s also been done the grouped mailbox which everyone has now been forced in to using

By *ittlebirdWoman 5 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

I think the changes are awful. Not sure what the motivation behind them was as there was no explanation given in the update from admin.

They certainly are making me open even less messages in my inbox

By *anny1980Man 5 weeks ago

Southampton

Pure idiocy to remove a feature that does not enhance the experience of using the site, but makes it harder. What actual benefit is there to removing it? Bring it back

By *un4frolicsMan 5 weeks ago

Ayrshire

I think its better without.

People might be more inclined to actually open and read your message rather than dismissing you for some rather crappy subject title u made up

By *aramel.desiresMan 5 weeks ago

Walton.

Also if you send a message and it is deleted it will just vanished from your sent box.

I'm guessing there is a cost saving somewhere and or improved security.

As for code words it will probably have to be the first word in your message but on the brighter side we now have two visible lines to impress without the message being opened.

By *ambertMan 5 weeks ago

Cheltenham

"I think its better without.

People might be more inclined to actually open and read your message rather than dismissing you for some rather crappy subject title u made up "

More likely to just mass delete and never see it without the subject line.

By *upergirthukMan 5 weeks ago

Liverpool

My best friend on here, who had close on 2000 veris from organising, managing and hosting house parties, has now left the site due to the removal of the subject part of the messages which he needed to manage his parties and invitations. The removal of this makes it impossible to manage messages relating to subject and does not save time as those wishing to message without a subject had that facility anyway.

As usual, there is never any consultation or trial period for changes rolled out on this site and I've never heard of any adjustments made being reversed or any consideration given to people's comments when they disagree with changes so I'm pretty sure there's absolutely no point in commenting on this forum when everything will be ignored anyway.

By *ovfuncoupleCouple 5 weeks ago

Coventry cv6

So many members use the subject line to whittle down those that can’t read what is needed to be put in it in order to get a reply. This means thousands of us have to change our profile because of this! Absolute ridiculous! Give us back our subject line!!!

By *oxy jWoman 5 weeks ago

somerset

"I think its better without.

People might be more inclined to actually open and read your message rather than dismissing you for some rather crappy subject title u made up "

nope just means more will just delete i know i will ... so guess that means over all its dome more damage to mens messages that good from whats being said was speakin g to another couple last night whom ive know for years they have now decided now not to meet via fab anymore thats how strong some people feel

By *an1978Woman 5 weeks ago

GONE/TIMEOUT (No DMs please)

Hope admin have seen the overwhelming negative reaction and are able to return it swiftly.

Clicking the username to get to their profile has been removed too

No logical reason for removing that link?

By *ovelifelovefuntimesMan 5 weeks ago

Where ever I lay my hat

Also, when I now look at my sent mail and try and click on the profile name to check their profile it takes me to the message thread rather than the profile which is rather annoying.

By *upcake and wandmasterCouple 5 weeks ago

long eaton

"Also, when I now look at my sent mail and try and click on the profile name to check their profile it takes me to the message thread rather than the profile which is rather annoying."

Yep, that is also irritating.

By *icecouple561Couple 5 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Also, when I now look at my sent mail and try and click on the profile name to check their profile it takes me to the message thread rather than the profile which is rather annoying."

Click on the profile picture that will take you to it

By *ovelifelovefuntimesMan 5 weeks ago

Where ever I lay my hat

"Also, when I now look at my sent mail and try and click on the profile name to check their profile it takes me to the message thread rather than the profile which is rather annoying.

Click on the profile picture that will take you to it "

Thank you! Sorted. Would be good if small changes like that were communicated. For what it's worth I still think the site is better than pretty much everything around.

By *icecouple561Couple 5 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Also, when I now look at my sent mail and try and click on the profile name to check their profile it takes me to the message thread rather than the profile which is rather annoying.

Click on the profile picture that will take you to it

Thank you! Sorted. Would be good if small changes like that were communicated. For what it's worth I still think the site is better than pretty much everything around. "

If you look at your mail folder it mentions this at the top. . I think it's also mentioned on the updates page.

I'm not great at reading the small print either

By *69meMan 5 weeks ago

Cambridgeshire

To the admin/developers of this site:

I am a web developer with many years experience. If you need someone to ACTUALLY make this site work for the better, then get in touch

By *am_OconnellMan 5 weeks ago

c

First time poster in the forums - been told that you can get your message subject back by requesting it here?

Would be much appreciated if so. Thanks in advance.

By *ennottsguyMan 5 weeks ago

Long eaton

I wonder if fab actually listens to the response from its 'customers' ?

By *Q_GentMan 5 weeks ago

Northern Quarter

I honestly feel that there has been less interaction since the change was implemented.

I'm finding that now the subject line has been removed, less "first" messages are being opened.

And worse still, conversations are impossible to keep going because "second" messages are now totally indistinguishable from everything else in the inbox and look like everyone else's "first" messages.

A good subject line, at the very least, stood out and helped with visibility.

By *alcon43Woman 5 weeks ago

Paisley

Why do they think that removing the subject makes it easier? Doesn’t make sense if you’re looking for messages about a particular event or you’ve asked for something particular in the title.

Bring back the message titles please.

By *bzcoupleCouple 5 weeks ago

Aberdeenshire

Just make it optional?

Surely that satisfies all?

Users could even have a setting that makes a subject compulsory to contact them…

It would also be nice to have message folders too… so they can be organised into whatever you like, say particular events.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Central

"Just make it optional?

Surely that satisfies all?

Users could even have a setting that makes a subject compulsory to contact them…

It would also be nice to have message folders too… so they can be organised into whatever you like, say particular events."

It's helpful to have it.

By *ohnfromnwukMan 5 weeks ago

North Manchester

A friend of mine on the Wirral has left the site because of this. He used to organise lots of parties, gangbangs and bukkake events, but couldn't sort out who was referring to what because the subject wasn't there. Surely the idea wasn't to reduce the number of people meeting through Fab but looking at the response on here, that's what seems to have happened.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"A friend of mine on the Wirral has left the site because of this. He used to organise lots of parties, gangbangs and bukkake events, but couldn't sort out who was referring to what because the subject wasn't there. Surely the idea wasn't to reduce the number of people meeting through Fab but looking at the response on here, that's what seems to have happened."

People keep posting this but the person you are talking about hadn't posted a meet for an event for 13 weeks so I am not sure he would have got mixed up with mails with no headers

North Manchester

"A friend of mine on the Wirral has left the site because of this. He used to organise lots of parties, gangbangs and bukkake events, but couldn't sort out who was referring to what because the subject wasn't there. Surely the idea wasn't to reduce the number of people meeting through Fab but looking at the response on here, that's what seems to have happened.

People keep posting this but the person you are talking about hadn't posted a meet for an event for 13 weeks so I am not sure he would have got mixed up with mails with no headers"

I'm sorry I don't know who you're referring to but on Friday the person I'm referring to had 3 meets listed. He also held a GB on 29th March, bukkake on 13th April, and a bukkake on 1st May. All six are within the last 7 weeks. You are clearly referring to a different person.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I don't think I am as I checked when it was first posted. Of course there could be two people who happen to have left at the same time for the same reason

By (user no longer on site) 5 weeks ago

Just such a stupid and unnecessary change and just so counter intuitive.

Before on mobile click the message and you go to the message thread, click the picture or the username go to the users profile.

Now click the message and you go to the message, click the profile picture go to the profile, click the profile name go to the message

By *ico84Man 5 weeks ago

East Kilbride

I dunno, the header is useless anyway, it had some use when messages were split, but with messages now forming a chat style set up there’s no need for headers ¯\__/¯

Aberdeenshire

"Just such a stupid and unnecessary change and just so counter intuitive.

Before on mobile click the message and you go to the message thread, click the picture or the username go to the users profile.

Now click the message and you go to the message, click the profile picture go to the profile, click the profile name go to the message "

Yes this is very bizarre. Also it’s all too easy to delete accidentally.

By *inkyfun southcoast OP   Man 5 weeks ago

South Wales / South Coast

Hi all,

Here’s the results so far of the opinion vote:

Number of people voted: 145

Yes: 118 (81.37%)

No: 27 (18.62%)

Remember to make your voices heard. A new thread will be created when the current one gets too big.

By *unchalMan 5 weeks ago

Dartford

"To me, it's the thin edge of the wedge to removing this feature entirely (although why you would want to, is totally beyond me).

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!"

Thank God it’s gone. What a waste of time. Just write a message.

Dartford

"Site was poor anyway (loads of timewasters) and you've actually found a way to make it worse!"

What does that mean?!

Dartford

Simple !!, bring back the effective admin that were here 10 years ago !!. Also block the IP address of serious or repeat offenders like they used to (stops you rejoining)."

What does this mean?!

Dartford

"I honestly feel that there has been less interaction since the change was implemented.

I'm finding that now the subject line has been removed, less "first" messages are being opened.

And worse still, conversations are impossible to keep going because "second" messages are now totally indistinguishable from everything else in the inbox and look like everyone else's "first" messages.

A good subject line, at the very least, stood out and helped with visibility."

How would you ever know that?

Aberdeenshire

Simple !!, bring back the effective admin that were here 10 years ago !!. Also block the IP address of serious or repeat offenders like they used to (stops you rejoining).

What does this mean?!"

It’s not quite that simple though. IP addresses don’t mean a thing these days. They are shared with so many people and change so frequently.

You could block one person based on their IP and the knock on is you’ve blocked anyone using EE in Glasgow.

There could be more robust checks when joining though, but that’s for another thread, and actually, if you look at other similar apps or sites, fab fairs pretty well!

By *isladyhermanCouple 5 weeks ago

York

alot of people ask in their profile for people to put a specific header as it helps filter out people that dont bother looking to see if your compatible and just think with their genitals instead.

now that filter is gone with the removal of the subject header.

By *r MaturityMan 5 weeks ago

near Macclesfield

I had a friend that ran excellent parties and would advertise several meets for various dates. He had over 1600 verifications but found that after removal of the subject it became impossible to quickly see what message applied to what event. Please bring back message headers!!

By *assy LassieWoman 5 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

"A friend of mine on the Wirral has left the site because of this. He used to organise lots of parties, gangbangs and bukkake events, but couldn't sort out who was referring to what because the subject wasn't there. Surely the idea wasn't to reduce the number of people meeting through Fab but looking at the response on here, that's what seems to have happened."

Seems pretty gung ho to leave the site so quickly following a change without trying to navigate how to manage it differently

By *Q_GentMan 5 weeks ago

Northern Quarter

"

How would you ever know that?"

Because I can see what it looks like in my own inbox...

Or, if you're referring to the less interaction, then it's from personal experience

By (user no longer on site) 5 weeks ago

My tuppence is that I have no problem with the removal of the subject line. People using it as part of their filtering process can adapt: you don't go up to someone at a party with a piece of card with a catchy tag line or random non-sequitur blu-tacked to your face.

But it's counter-intuitive the way that clicking someone's name in your sent messages box now opens the message rather than taking you to their profile, and the little faint grey "tip" about clicking on their photo instead seems like a "this is a feature, not a bug, honest!" line.

Now perhaps if the disparity between when the search page says someone was last online to when their profile says they were last online could be fixed? Now that would be an absolute blessing.

By *upergirthukMan 5 weeks ago

Liverpool

"I don't think I am as I checked when it was first posted. Of course there could be two people who happen to have left at the same time for the same reason "

I imagine there are more than two people that have left for this reason and certainly a lot more people that will no longer pay to be site supporters when their voices and wishes are being completely ignored.

By *udding RoseWoman 5 weeks ago

Somewhere out there

To be honest, I'm glad the subject bar has been removed so please admin don't bring it back!! You can see the first line of the message so you can also put in some kind of a title in there and you'll see it!! You wanted 'Purple' in the subject as you would have done it previously, just put it in the first line of the message instead and you'll see it!

Patience is a virtue!!

North Manchester

"I don't think I am as I checked when it was first posted. Of course there could be two people who happen to have left at the same time for the same reason

I imagine there are more than two people that have left for this reason and certainly a lot more people that will no longer pay to be site supporters when their voices and wishes are being completely ignored. "

Aberdeenshire

"To be honest, I'm glad the subject bar has been removed so please admin don't bring it back!! You can see the first line of the message so you can also put in some kind of a title in there and you'll see it!! You wanted 'Purple' in the subject as you would have done it previously, just put it in the first line of the message instead and you'll see it!

Patience is a virtue!! "

Except now you need to put “purple” at the start of every reply too or whatever subject it happens to be, suck as “party 3rd or Octember” otherwise it will dosappear to the bottom.

Again, just make them optional.

By *ripodius WillyusMan 5 weeks ago

Colne

How on earth do i delete thread of messages and them not keep showing up

By *herryEatersCouple 5 weeks ago

East Cheshire

Blocking an ip does nothing at all.

ip's are dynamic not static. So you would just reboot the router and you have a new ip. "

Not all ip's are dynamic !. The method was better than absolutely nothing that is done now. Maybe you could access the mac address of the device at login. Where there's a will there's a way !

By *ig1gaz1Man 5 weeks ago

bradford

i prefer subject message for a few reasons.

it can be used as a reference that theyve read your profile.

no profile message just delete the spam.

i keep it simple on my message replys to other users.

it can be used as a quick scan of incoming pms for fast delete of many pms to your inbox

By *ssex-coupleCouple 5 weeks ago

clacton on sea

Best thing you ever did. Makes me so happy you took away that stupid “put (insert word) in your subject to show you’ve read my profile”

It’s unbelievable how many people on here think they have a right to make a list of demands on their profile before even getting a message.

By *ig1gaz1Man 5 weeks ago

bradford

"Best thing you ever did. Makes me so happy you took away that stupid “put (insert word) in your subject to show you’ve read my profile”

It’s unbelievable how many people on here think they have a right to make a list of demands on their profile before even getting a message. "

when your being spammed alot that subject message comes in handy as a good filter

if they cant be bothered reading the profiles its just a quick delete of the spammed pms

Norwich

"Best thing you ever did. Makes me so happy you took away that stupid “put (insert word) in your subject to show you’ve read my profile”

It’s unbelievable how many people on here think they have a right to make a list of demands on their profile before even getting a message. "

Of course people have the right to decide how they wish to filter their messages and it has been used on top of the sites filters to improve it for those that use it

By *ymbunny79Woman 5 weeks ago

sheerness

I have also noticed since they removed the header I can’t view the profile without it opening the message that was sent, previously I could at least view a profile before deciding whether I wanted to open a message

By *revaunanceCouple 5 weeks ago

Exeter

This site rarely implements changes, so I suppose it's nice to know that someone is actually behind the scenes and trying to improve things..... Unfortunately this is not an improvement in our opinion.

Norwich

"I have also noticed since they removed the header I can’t view the profile without it opening the message that was sent, previously I could at least view a profile before deciding whether I wanted to open a message "

You click on the picture next to the message even if it’s only a silouhette it will take you there

By *ymbunny79Woman 5 weeks ago

sheerness

"I have also noticed since they removed the header I can’t view the profile without it opening the message that was sent, previously I could at least view a profile before deciding whether I wanted to open a message

You click on the picture next to the message even if it’s only a silouhette it will take you there"

Arh I will give that a go, it used to work clicking on the username, thank you

By *athkWoman 5 weeks ago

between Ilford and romford

Can't understand why you would adjust something that was working well and us as users understood .

To say I am bemused is understatement

By *an JuniperoCouple 5 weeks ago

North East

The messaging system on Fab is seriously dated now. So much so that emojis are classed a premium benefit needs a massive overhaul really. Even MSN messenger was more advanced and that was discontinued in 2013 haha!

By *oredbrummieMan 5 weeks ago

Birmingham

The most annoying thing is clicking on a username and it not going to the profile, what bright spark removed that function and thought it made more sense to click the photo???

By *ccasionallyNaughtyWoman 5 weeks ago

Sussex

I like thee fact that there is no subject anymore. Why do I need 300 DMs all with the title "hey" or "hi" in my inbox?!

The system shows me enough of the message to know if I'm interested in reading it. I can easily spot if it's a one-liner (as the entirety of the message shows in the preview) or wank chat "wanna suck my cock" type stuff.

It literally takes half a second to open a message and see if it's worth looking at the profile or reading the message so I don't see why people are getting so upset about it.

By *udding RoseWoman 5 weeks ago

Somewhere out there

"I like thee fact that there is no subject anymore. Why do I need 300 DMs all with the title "hey" or "hi" in my inbox?!

The system shows me enough of the message to know if I'm interested in reading it. I can easily spot if it's a one-liner (as the entirety of the message shows in the preview) or wank chat "wanna suck my cock" type stuff.

It literally takes half a second to open a message and see if it's worth looking at the profile or reading the message so I don't see why people are getting so upset about it.

"

Feel the same!! People like to have something to complain about!!!

By *ost SockMan 5 weeks ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"I like thee fact that there is no subject anymore. Why do I need 300 DMs all with the title "hey" or "hi" in my inbox?!

"

I totally respect your opinion, but feel very differently.

I think the removal of the subject line is a really bad idea. I’ve been on Fab thirteen years now; I don’t claim to be a great success story, but it’s been a rewarding experience.

One reason for that is I feel I developed the knack of saying something in a few words in the subject line that stood out from all the “hey” and “hi” messages. I’ve now lost that, and I’m sure it will be much harder for me.

On the other side of things, I liked the subject line, as I’d get a quick idea what the message was about. Some I wouldn’t even tap on to see the content. Not that I get that many, of course. If it helps me in that way, I’m sure it must help others.

It feels a retrograde and very unnecessary step to me.

By *ampshirepairCouple 5 weeks ago

Gosport

Absolutely hate the removal of the subject line. Totally ridiculous idea.

To compare messages here with instant messaging is ludicrous the are not the same!!! Send others messages is closer to email where you will notice a subject is very prevalent.

So what’s wrong with hi or hello as a subject it’s a friend greeting. We had to block single men because of 1 line or wanna f@#k messages. We feel you would be off doing something that prevents an initial message from being less than say 50 words rather than fix something that was not asked for or broken.

The old adage IF ITS NOT BROKE DONT FIX!!!!

Please reset site back to before you made this change and make your i ok paying users happy or they will go elsewhere

By *ldersingleblackfemaleWoman 5 weeks ago

This one

Ditch the bright YELLOW instead.

By *ilk_TrayMan 5 weeks ago

Portsmouth

I’m happy with Subject Matter being taken off.

By *exygirlandguyCouple 5 weeks ago

Squirtington

Agreed…flipping crazy!

Squirtington

We totally agree with everything you’ve said….

Squirtington

Not anymore…hate this new stuff we should have been consulted

By *avemyhubbyCouple 5 weeks ago

Stoke on trent

Hate having the subject box removed it's crap, that's what first catches a person's eye... Messaging crap now

By *lassy_MFM_coupleCouple 4 weeks ago

Glasgow

Preferred the subject box. Don't understand why it needed removing.

By *an1978Woman 4 weeks ago

GONE/TIMEOUT (No DMs please)

I'm still irrationally angry about the change

New members won't notice, but when you're used to screening by clicking the username it is annoying that it opens the message instead of going to the profile.

By *weetheart.Woman 4 weeks ago

N Shields

"I'm still irrationally angry about the change

New members won't notice, but when you're used to screening by clicking the username it is annoying that it opens the message instead of going to the profile."

Exactly this! Absolutely hate this.

By *j_markCouple 4 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

New members won't notice, but when you're used to screening by clicking the username it is annoying that it opens the message instead of going to the profile.

Exactly this! Absolutely hate this. "

If you click the profile photo you go straight to the profile.

Admin x

By *ovfuncoupleCouple 4 weeks ago

Coventry cv6

Admin x"

People click on the photo to enlarge it and get a better look not to go straight to the profile absolutely ridiculous!

By *weetheart.Woman 4 weeks ago

N Shields

Admin x"

I didnt realise this, thanks Admin.

By *ikeC81Man 4 weeks ago

harrow

For me I still hate this as I am sure party invites are getting missed. If your a club attendee I normally say the club night I met them. I am finding unbelievably hard to manage.

This needs to be turned back asap

By *rAndMrsRightCouple 4 weeks ago

newtownabbey

[Removed by poster at 22/05/24 18:34:31]

By *aneWithaBrainMan 4 weeks ago

Hammersmith

Glad to see so many people wanting the subject back. With the ratios of men to women on here being so extreme already, removing a feature that so many women use to check who reads their profile was moronic. It'll drive women away.

By *ccasionallyNaughtyWoman 4 weeks ago

Sussex

"Glad to see so many people wanting the subject back. With the ratios of men to women on here being so extreme already, removing a feature that so many women use to check who reads their profile was moronic. It'll drive women away. "

I still don't get the outpouring of woe about the subject line going. For all those who expect people to put a codeword "to show you read my profile", just ask people to put the blessed codeword in the first line of their message and you'll see it if they follow your "rules"....

I can spot from the message preview if it's a one-liner "how r u" or anything actually of interest. It literally takes two seconds to open a message and hit delete if it's empty or crap.

By *exy_girl1Couple 4 weeks ago

Squirtington

By *rishpleasureMan 3 weeks ago

about

Put the subject line back! There is now no context for a message and they can not come across as crude and too informal when a chat is starting.

By *ucka39Man 3 weeks ago

Newcastle

Why? What difference does a header make? The person messaging can still put a header at the start of the message and the recipient will still this 1st in the 1st line of the message"

The header use to continue after each message sent or received, which I'd say helped those who organised social/events group them together

Which just means that the user would need to add this each time

So had a purpose

Removing the line once message deleted is great now just read/deleted

I'm happy as it is because I don't organise anything so just my penny worth for those who do

By *asher11Man 3 weeks ago

market harborough

its just another nail in the coffin of a site where single guys used to stand a chance of piquing couples/ladies interest enough to actually get a response

» Add a new message to this topic