FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Click from profile to message

Click from profile to message

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *j_mark OP   Couple 4 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

If you've messaged a user or they have messaged you, you'll now see the latest message text (if it still exists) and a link to click through to the message in your inbox/outbox where it says on the profile your contact history.

Any feedback please post in this thread

Admin x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *K2022!Couple 4 weeks ago

Leeds

This just adds clutter to the profile page and isn't really discreet I'd rather see the subject heading return for messages

By *icecouple561Couple 4 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Excellent. It saves searching through messages to check what was said!

By *ipstick KissesWoman 4 weeks ago

South Down, Northern Ireland

Nice one!

By *hosewhomgonakedCouple 4 weeks ago

Scotland

Nice update! Thanks.

By *uliette500Woman 4 weeks ago

Hull

Love it. A lot of people have been asking for this and it's a great change.

Hull

"This just adds clutter to the profile page and isn't really discreet I'd rather see the subject heading return for messages "

Only you and the other person can see it so why does it need to be discreet?

It saves scrolling through old messages if you want to speak to them again, and it's not really in the way of anything just a couple of extra lines at the top of the profile.

By *ccasionallyNaughtyWoman 4 weeks ago

Sussex

This is an excellent update! Super useful

By *bzcoupleCouple 4 weeks ago

Aberdeenshire

Brilliant! Thanks for listening!

Suggestion though, as it seems that some don’t like the message being displayed as well as the link. Could you make the “preview” part optional in settings?

Everyone gets a link but optionally also the preview?

By *bi HaiveMan 4 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Love it. Out of interest how long ago does this work for?

Checked some of mine and those 2 months old still show, but 10 months old don't.

Very useful addition.

By *ucka39Man 4 weeks ago

Newcastle

Thank you op

It's a lovely twist hopefully it'll keep the rest happy since it was one of the features requested by many

By *lack Orchid 0204Man 4 weeks ago

Leeds

"If you've messaged a user or they have messaged you, you'll now see the latest message text (if it still exists) and a link to click through to the message in your inbox/outbox where it says on the profile your contact history.

Admin x"

I might be fick.

I cannot see any link on profiles I know I have messaged and the message hasn't been deleted(message 1 month old)

Contact history mentioned in the op where is this ?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"If you've messaged a user or they have messaged you, you'll now see the latest message text (if it still exists) and a link to click through to the message in your inbox/outbox where it says on the profile your contact history.

Admin x

I might be fick.

I cannot see any link on profiles I know I have messaged and the message hasn't been deleted(message 1 month old)

Contact history mentioned in the op where is this ?"

It's at the top of the profile on the mobile site and to the left on the desk top

By *lack Orchid 0204Man 4 weeks ago

Leeds

Admin x

I might be fick.

It's at the top of the profile on the mobile site and to the left on the desk top"

Not on my desktop.

Is this asite support feature only ?

By *p2norfolkngoodMan 4 weeks ago

Norwich

Admin x

I might be fick.

It's at the top of the profile on the mobile site and to the left on the desk top

Not on my desktop.

Is this asite support feature only ?"

Seems to be yes

By *ugoBoss83Man 4 weeks ago

North Shields

Honestly I don’t see any value to this, all it’s doing is now taking up space on the page with message I already have access too, it was easier seeing if you had messaged someone previously and if they had replied or winked etc. whilst on the mobile site it does not look good on a small screen and detracts, in my opinion, from the feel of the site.

Also can we have message subjects back to help out messages that we can’t apply filters too!

By *avenjoCouple 4 weeks ago

Bridlington

Don’t like the way your last message stays on someone’s profile page…that’s not discreet …we should get to choose if we want that option

By *p2norfolkngoodMan 4 weeks ago

Norwich

"Don’t like the way your last message stays on someone’s profile page…that’s not discreet …we should get to choose if we want that option "

What do you mean it stays on their page? It only shows the messages you’ve sent and received when you view the page it’s not there for the whole world to see

Scotland

[Removed by poster at 17/05/24 12:35:47]

Scotland

"Honestly I don’t see any value to this, all it’s doing is now taking up space on the page with message I already have access too, it was easier seeing if you had messaged someone previously and if they had replied or winked etc. whilst on the mobile site it does not look good on a small screen and detracts, in my opinion, from the feel of the site.

Also can we have message subjects back to help out messages that we can’t apply filters too!"

Previously it would say this person messaged a month ago, that message could no longer be found as there is only so much it allows you to scroll back and then have to start deleting messages to try and see further back.

This is a feature that have been thinking would be great for a while. Maybe a compromise would be to not show the text but just be able to link from the part that always said 'messaged you'

As for not being discreet, don't see the issue since you've already messaged each other. What are you hiding from, if you don't want them to see our not happy with them any longer then just block and there is then nothing to worry about.

Bridlington

It adds clutter to the profile…seems like it’s a site supporter perk …well we won’t be renewing ours when it runs out…nothing wrong with the way it was before…just fab doing what it likes

By *ugby 123Couple 4 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"It adds clutter to the profile…seems like it’s a site supporter perk …well we won’t be renewing ours when it runs out…nothing wrong with the way it was before…just fab doing what it likes "

Lots of people have asked for it.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"It adds clutter to the profile…seems like it’s a site supporter perk …well we won’t be renewing ours when it runs out…nothing wrong with the way it was before…just fab doing what it likes

Lots of people have asked for it.

"

It's a much quicker reminder and prompt when you view a profile you've previously contacted. Easier than scrolling back through your message history.

By *urBucketlistCouple 4 weeks ago

Nowhere

This is literally the best feature you've ever added!

You're on a roll with great changes (I love the subject line going).

How would you feel about adding an option to filter in messages for "messages I've replied to"?

When we're trying to organise a quick meet we get hundreds of messages and the ones you've replied to can very quickly (minutes or even seconds) get lost!

I'd happily pay for gold if you enabled nifty features like this only for gold members?

Bridlington

Lots of people may ask for it….doesnt mean everyone wants it…why not come up with a way of turning the option off if you don’t want it

Nowhere

"Lots of people may ask for it….doesnt mean everyone wants it…why not come up with a way of turning the option off if you don’t want it "

Please explain how it is bad?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Lots of people may ask for it….doesnt mean everyone wants it…why not come up with a way of turning the option off if you don’t want it "

I was clarifying that lots of people asked for it on lots of threads so it looks like Fab listened.

They obviously won't please everyone and will note your objection

By *ilk_TrayMan 4 weeks ago

Portsmouth

That’s brilliant.

Great update

Hull

"Don’t like the way your last message stays on someone’s profile page…that’s not discreet …we should get to choose if we want that option "

It's a message you have already sent them and they already have access to in their messages so I don't understand why you think it's an issue.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Don’t like the way your last message stays on someone’s profile page…that’s not discreet …we should get to choose if we want that option

It's a message you have already sent them and they already have access to in their messages so I don't understand why you think it's an issue. "

Not sure if there's any confusion going on.

It's only you that sees the previous message.

Not anyone else clicking on their profile.

By *nowingsmileMan 4 weeks ago

Wimbledon

I think it's a great idea. As mentioned by someone else, it means that I can easily find messages sent to or received from other members even if they are a bit old and not visible in the sent list. This means I won't repeat things, or annoy people with unwanted messages.

By *iscreetarseforuseTV/TS 4 weeks ago

Bargoed

Do t like it I’d rather more time spent on fake profiles than unnecessary changes

By *irty130Couple 4 weeks ago

Bristol Area

Absolutely brilliant. Especially for those profiles who you haven’t seen in ages.

Not sure it needs the last message header included. The “last messaged them” could be the link itself to keep it tidier.

But overall thumbs up!

By *assy LassieWoman 4 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

Excellent addition.

Would be good if you could also green arrow from a profile to their recent forum activity. If they have any

Bristol Area

"Excellent addition.

Would be good if you could also green arrow from a profile to their recent forum activity. If they have any"

This was EXACTLY what I was going to add. (As a variant on this, “threads started by” and “threads replied to” could be separate?)

By *ublinstud_MisstattooCouple 4 weeks ago

City Centre

If you keep it could it be put at the bottom of the profile... hate how it makes the profile look. Also think you have more useful updates you could work on then this

By *iss_D_returnsWoman 4 weeks ago

dreamland

Loving this new feature!!

By *mmaleiaWoman 4 weeks ago

East Northamptonshire

Love this!

By *r and Mrs B xxCouple 4 weeks ago

Chippenham

Brilliant update

By *midnight-Woman 4 weeks ago

Love it... Thank you

By *eroLondonMan 4 weeks ago

Mayfair, but The Cotswolds this weekend

"Excellent addition.

Would be good if you could also green arrow from a profile to their recent forum activity. If they have any

This was EXACTLY what I was going to add. (As a variant on this, “threads started by” and “threads replied to” could be separate?)"

Alternatively, just use this link:

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum-poster/{profile name}

where {profile name} is the profile ID of the person you wish to look up. For example, if the profile name is Pink Grape 789, their profile ID would be: Pink_Grape_789

This:

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum-poster/Pink_Grape_789

Bristol Area

"Excellent addition.

This was EXACTLY what I was going to add. (As a variant on this, “threads started by” and “threads replied to” could be separate?)

Alternatively, just use this link:

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum-poster/{profile name}

where {profile name} is the profile ID of the person you wish to look up. For example, if the profile name is Pink Grape 789, their profile ID would be: Pink_Grape_789

This:

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum-poster/Pink_Grape_789

"

Absolutely. And I do this already, it’s not the easiest on mobile/safari to do it though. Workarounds are fine, but a single button just duplicated from the forum over to the profile would be simple to implement.

By *enelope PitstopWoman 4 weeks ago

Lincoln

It's awful...fills my page up with messages that I've had and replied to people I'm not interested in...if I've deleted messages, I dont want to see them again

Whoever thought this was a useful upgrade?

Hull

"It's awful...fills my page up with messages that I've had and replied to people I'm not interested in...if I've deleted messages, I dont want to see them again

Whoever thought this was a useful upgrade? "

A lot of people have been asking for this for years and I really like it. It helps jog my memory if it's someone I have spoken to before but can't remember the conversation. Especially if it was a while ago and the message is no longer on my message screen.

By *enelope PitstopWoman 4 weeks ago

Lincoln

"It's awful...fills my page up with messages that I've had and replied to people I'm not interested in...if I've deleted messages, I dont want to see them again

A lot of people have been asking for this for years and I really like it. It helps jog my memory if it's someone I have spoken to before but can't remember the conversation. Especially if it was a while ago and the message is no longer on my message screen. "

Then make it a hyperlink from the profile. I don't need to see that I've said Not for me at the top of the page when I open it...

By *oceyCouple 4 weeks ago

south hams

...., all those poor people who have things like -

Put "milkshake " in the subject box to show you have read our profile!

By *midnight-Woman 4 weeks ago

Hmmmm i don't understand.. You as are seeing deleted messages threads in your inbox??

Nowhere

A lot of people have been asking for this for years and I really like it. It helps jog my memory if it's someone I have spoken to before but can't remember the conversation. Especially if it was a while ago and the message is no longer on my message screen.

Then make it a hyperlink from the profile. I don't need to see that I've said Not for me at the top of the page when I open it...

"

If you've said "not for me" then having that immediately clear on a profile you're looking at is very useful.

It feels maybe you're missing the point of this feature.

By *r and Mrs B xxCouple 4 weeks ago

Chippenham

Surely you only see it if you go onto their profile.

By *xFilesCouple 4 weeks ago

Filey

ok, but I hate that you can't now go straight to the profile by clicking the profile name in the message list, it just opens the thread, then you have to click again

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"ok, but I hate that you can't now go straight to the profile by clicking the profile name in the message list, it just opens the thread, then you have to click again"

Click on the profile picture. It'll take you straight to the profile

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Don't click on the persons profile that you are not interested in and it will solve this for you.

By *exy PineapplesCouple 3 weeks ago

Basingstoke

Can you please show the full message history when you are writing a reply. That will make messaging 1000% better

Basingstoke

Also I’d improve the feature by doing on a hover on the email icons.

Agree with the other feedback, it clutters the page with the way it’s currently implemented.

Glad to see message is getting some love though, it’s pretty poor right now by modern standards

By *irty130Couple 3 weeks ago

Bristol Area

Disappointed that it doesn’t go back further than about 2-3 months.

My previous feedback that it was good to link back to older messages that had dropped off “page 1” is rescinded if it actually doesn’t solve that issue for the majority of your messages?!

By *ucka39Man 3 weeks ago

Newcastle

"Disappointed that it doesn’t go back further than about 2-3 months.

My previous feedback that it was good to link back to older messages that had dropped off “page 1” is rescinded if it actually doesn’t solve that issue for the majority of your messages?!"

Do you have space for saving them as this way can go back longer

By *otnatured1Couple 3 weeks ago

Bexley

Is there a a way of removing this and going back to the old setting where messages are not shown on the top of profile page

Basingstoke

"Is there a a way of removing this and going back to the old setting where messages are not shown on the top of profile page "

They only show for you, I don’t think that’s obvious enough with the current implementation

By *erlicanMan 3 weeks ago

Newbury

I didn't like this at first, but it's grown on me and seeing message history is excellent. Its always been frustrating to try and find it. The only use of the subject line is the 'proof' you've read a profile, which it really isn't anyway.

By *ripodius WillyusMan 3 weeks ago

Colne

The subject bit or not is minor.

The fact you cannot delete sent messages and try to start afresh without original thread showing up.

I should as should all others be able to control this aspect of fab as by taking away members message control is not needed.

This is only time I have had need to query changes.

By *andi_kinkygramTV/TS 3 weeks ago

Edinburgh

It's useful to be able to click through to the message history. Not so sure the preview of message content is helpful and just clutters things up.

Other helpful changes might be having a messaging system that worked like an email client, the ability to sort messages by username/date, search, applying pagination so messages aren't in a single long list.

tc

Cx

By *hiquitatv999TV/TS 1 week ago

London

[Removed by poster at 06/06/24 14:48:45]

London

How can I access a message from someone from 2 months ago? I can see other people’s messages from that time but for a specific profile it says “replied” to my message but can only see my message. Thanks

By *exy PineapplesCouple 1 week ago

Basingstoke

The message retention varies.

Anecdotally I think if you’ve saved the message it will always be available, if they are friends it seems to be 2 months retention and non friends it’s 7 days. But those are based on experience and I’ve never seen proper documented retention times

London

Thank you! And there’s no way to reinstate a message if it’s gone from the convo?

By *exy PineapplesCouple 1 week ago

Basingstoke

I don’t believe so

By *obletonMan 5 days ago

THE STICKS

What does it mean when you can't see this on someone you messaged recently's profile?

It doesn't mean deleted because I can see it on the profiles of some people I have messaged who have deleted the message

By *dinburghWomanWoman 5 days ago

Edinburgh

Is this related as I don’t like it. When I get a new message and click on the user’s name, instead of going to the user’s profile it opens up the message, that shows I’ve read the message when what I want to do is read the profile before I decide whether to reply.

By *eroLondonMan 5 days ago

Mayfair, but The Cotswolds this weekend

"Is this related as I don’t like it. When I get a new message and click on the user’s name, instead of going to the user’s profile it opens up the message, that shows I’ve read the message when what I want to do is read the profile before I decide whether to reply. "

Click on the profile photo/thumbnail and that will take you to the profile and not the message.

By *exy PineapplesCouple 5 days ago

Basingstoke

Another feature we’d love to see is the ability to turn off automatically marking a message as read.

We only mark an email as read when we’re in a position to respond.

Obviously when there’s been back and forth comms you can look at new messages in the sent items but that doesn’t apply to new messages from someone when there is no history.

This would surely be a popular request we can’t be the only ones forever marking new emails as unread.

By *obletonMan 4 days ago

THE STICKS

"Another feature we’d love to see is the ability to turn off automatically marking a message as read.

We only mark an email as read when we’re in a position to respond.

Obviously when there’s been back and forth comms you can look at new messages in the sent items but that doesn’t apply to new messages from someone when there is no history.

This would surely be a popular request we can’t be the only ones forever marking new emails as unread."

this feature already exists

By *exy PineapplesCouple 4 days ago

Basingstoke

"this feature already exists"

Confident it doesn’t but happy to be corrected.

Where is the do not automatically mark emails as read feature?

By *trueceltMan 4 days ago

Brynamman

Don't like having to open the message without being able view the profile first. The work-around is to put the messager's name into the name search but it's a faff. I preferred it how it was. I've let my subscription lapse because I don't like it. Sorry to grumble.

By *exy PineapplesCouple 4 days ago

Basingstoke

"Don't like having to open the message without being able view the profile first."

You can get to profile, in the message preview click the profile pic.

Takes you straight to the profile:

By *dinburghWomanWoman 4 days ago

Edinburgh

"Is this related as I don’t like it. When I get a new message and click on the user’s name, instead of going to the user’s profile it opens up the message, that shows I’ve read the message when what I want to do is read the profile before I decide whether to reply.

Click on the profile photo/thumbnail and that will take you to the profile and not the message."

Excellent, thanks

» Add a new message to this topic