FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Can we have a FRANCE Forum?

Can we have a FRANCE Forum?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eeandGee OP   Man  over a year ago

littlehampton

There are loads of Fab members living in France for all or part of the year and it would be great to have a dedicated Forum like Oz and NZ etc.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *olidayfuntimesCouple  over a year ago

Spain.

sounds like a good idea

By *renchbambi xWoman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

Good idea! And would you be ok with Fabsters writing in French as I think you'd have to expect some French people to want to join in the fun x

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

It could start as a continental Europe section. There are lots of FAB members all over Europe (including us) and I'm sure lots more would join.

Why not get the ball rolling by just enabling members to select Europe as their location, then see how it goes.

Need to know basis

"It could start as a continental Europe section. There are lots of FAB members all over Europe (including us) and I'm sure lots more would join.

Why not get the ball rolling by just enabling members to select Europe as their location, then see how it goes. "

Great idea

Spain.

how will it get started?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"There are loads of Fab members living in France for all or part of the year and it would be great to have a dedicated Forum like Oz and NZ etc."
No

Spain.

ok, so who is in France now??

By *ove2comeCouple  over a year ago

Worcestershire

we are!

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

How come I never seen any of you whilst I go home?

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

"Good idea! And would you be ok with Fabsters writing in French as I think you'd have to expect some French people to want to join in the fun x "

Aucun problème

Need to know basis

"Good idea! And would you be ok with Fabsters writing in French as I think you'd have to expect some French people to want to join in the fun x

Aucun problème "

Cool

Need to know basis

"ok, so who is in France now?? "

Wish I was

Great idea. I live in France 6 months of the year (Dept 14)and it would be great to make some local swinging friends

I am guessing the writing in French may follow the same rules as Chat.

Forums are moderated as is Chat and in Chat rules state that, for the sake of moderation, chat is conducted primarily in English.

Need to know basis

Plenty of web site moderators overseas!!! Not difficult to recruit is it? But think about it...there are 47 independant europen countries:

France

Italy

Spain

Germany

Ireland

Sweden

United Kingdom

Portugal

Norway

Finland

Greece

Poland

Russia

Turkey

Iceland

Switzerland

Denmark

Austria

Netherlands

Belgium

Czech Republic

Ukraine

Hungary

Latvia

Slovakia

Romania

Lithuania

Estonia

Luxembourg

Croatia

Serbia

Belarus

Vatican City

Bulgaria

Cyprus

Slovenia

Albania

Republic of Macedonia

Andorra

Malta

Monaco

Montenegro

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Moldova

Liechtenstein

San Marino

Kosovo

As always it is a question of offer vs. demand

hell we got places no one goes into as it is lol

Need to know basis

"hell we got places no one goes into as it is lol"

Lots of hidden and undiscovered treasures Lol x

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I am guessing the writing in French may follow the same rules as Chat.

Forums are moderated as is Chat and in Chat rules state that, for the sake of moderation, chat is conducted primarily in English."

It isn't a problem on here

"how will it get started? "

Ask the mayor?? ) lol

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Good idea! And would you be ok with Fabsters writing in French as I think you'd have to expect some French people to want to join in the fun x

Aucun problème

Cool "

I would disagree with allowing other languages. There are plenty of sites in French and pretty much every other European language so I don't think there would be a need for that.

What we would like to see is something aimed at English speaking expats (of which there are over a million in Europe) and visitors to those country's.

As we have said in another thread, a good start would be to allow members to list and review clubs on the continent, then maybe allow members to show their location as a European country. It doesn't have to be the big list as shown above, it could start with just some of the larger country's in western Europe, Spain, Germany, France, and maybe include Holland & Belgium which may be small but both have sizable expat communities and a thriving swinger scene.

Basically we like FAB as it is, and wouldn't want it to become world wide or multi lingual but finding a way of including EU expats and helping UK based members with information on European clubs Etc. Would be a significant step forward.

Actually I think its a great idea as there do seem to be a lot of French people and French speaking people on here

By *uxtapositionMan  over a year ago

CARDIFF

"how will it get started?

Ask the mayor?? ) lol "

Brilliant, you know France

By *uxtapositionMan  over a year ago

CARDIFF

How about " Rest of Europe"

By *arcafunCouple  over a year ago

Catalunya, Spain

Aucun problème

Cool

I would disagree with allowing other languages. There are plenty of sites in French and pretty much every other European language so I don't think there would be a need for that.

What we would like to see is something aimed at English speaking expats (of which there are over a million in Europe) and visitors to those country's.

As we have said in another thread, a good start would be to allow members to list and review clubs on the continent, then maybe allow members to show their location as a European country. It doesn't have to be the big list as shown above, it could start with just some of the larger country's in western Europe, Spain, Germany, France, and maybe include Holland & Belgium which may be small but both have sizable expat communities and a thriving swinger scene.

Basically we like FAB as it is, and wouldn't want it to become world wide or multi lingual but finding a way of including EU expats and helping UK based members with information on European clubs Etc. Would be a significant step forward."

Totally agree

"Actually I think its a great idea as there do seem to be a lot of French people and French speaking people on here "

Ça fait plaisir de voir une ravissante anglaise qui aime l'idée de voir des français sur ce site

correct black we like the idea aswell, it would help to meet folks more when were over on the continent,,,but will it happen, we very much doubt it!

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Actually I think its a great idea as there do seem to be a lot of French people and French speaking people on here

Ça fait plaisir de voir une ravissante anglaise qui aime l'idée de voir des français sur ce site "

Le français, l'espagnol et Allemands ont suffisamment de sites dans leurs propres langues. Nous voulons un pour l'anglais en Europe

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Actually I think its a great idea as there do seem to be a lot of French people and French speaking people on here

Ça fait plaisir de voir une ravissante anglaise qui aime l'idée de voir des français sur ce site

Le français, l'espagnol et Allemands ont suffisamment de sites dans leurs propres langues. Nous voulons un pour l'anglais en Europe"

Or I could have said:

Die Französisch, Spanisch und Deutschen haben genug Websites in ihrer eigenen Sprache. Wir wollen ein für Englisch in Europa.

Or even:

Los franceses, españoles y alemanes tienen bastantes sitios en sus propios idiomas. Queremos uno para Inglés en Europ

but hotlove,,,do u actually think fab will give us a european chatroom

we dont!

would love a Euro or a Spanish forum

Costa Blanca Spain...

"but hotlove,,,do u actually think fab will give us a european chatroom

we dont!"

Chatroom? Probably not.

A chance to update location and list and review European clubs? 50/50 but we live in hope.

Ça fait plaisir de voir une ravissante anglaise qui aime l'idée de voir des français sur ce site "

No idea what this says as my French isn't that good but I get some words that make me think you are agreeing with me?

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Ça fait plaisir de voir une ravissante anglaise qui aime l'idée de voir des français sur ce site"
"It's nice to see a beautiful English (lady) who loves the idea of ??the French on this site"

"Ça fait plaisir de voir une ravissante anglaise qui aime l'idée de voir des français sur ce site"It's nice to see a beautiful English (lady) who loves the idea of ??the French on this site""

Ooer totally on the wrong track then

By *s2funloversCouple  over a year ago

North Walsham and Spain

Great idea... We live on the Normandy Brittany border, dpt 50. Whilst we have a great circle of french swinging friends, it is sometimes nice to spend a horny evening with other english speakers

Anyone passing through Saint Malo, Cherbourg, Caen or Le Harve should give us a shout. We are always up for making some new friends

Horny thoughts to the other expats on here!

well guys n gals dont look likewere gonna get any feed back on this!!!!!!

Catalunya, Spain

"well guys n gals dont look likewere gonna get any feed back on this!!!!!!"

Admin did say it was on there 2 Do list acouple of months ago!!!

By *inky BunnyMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Le français, l'espagnol et Allemands ont suffisamment de sites dans leurs propres langues. Nous voulons un pour l'anglais en Europe

Or I could have said:

Die Französisch, Spanisch und Deutschen haben genug Websites in ihrer eigenen Sprache. Wir wollen ein für Englisch in Europa.

Or even:

Los franceses, españoles y alemanes tienen bastantes sitios en sus propios idiomas. Queremos uno para Inglés en Europ"

Good Lord! All three passages are riddled with basic linguistic errors! I move that we all stick to English PDQ

Costa Blanca Spain...

Or I could have said:

Or even:

Los franceses, españoles y alemanes tienen bastantes sitios en sus propios idiomas. Queremos uno para Inglés en Europ

Good Lord! All three passages are riddled with basic linguistic errors! I move that we all stick to English PDQ "

I blame google translate

By *inky BunnyMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Aha I knew it!! Just goes to show how dangerous those things are oh là là!

as we cant have european forum or chat...we hope all or friends n acquaintinces in the czech repulic, austria n southern germany are safe from those terrible floods at the mo!

kaz n allen

Costa Blanca Spain...

"as we cant have european forum or chat...we hope all or friends n acquaintinces in the czech repulic, austria n southern germany are safe from those terrible floods at the mo!

kaz n allen"

We'll second that.

"Plenty of web site moderators overseas!!! Not difficult to recruit is it? But think about it...there are 47 independant europen countries:

France

Italy

Spain

Germany

Ireland

Sweden

United Kingdom

Portugal

Norway

Finland

Greece

Poland

Russia

Turkey

Iceland

Switzerland

Denmark

Austria

Netherlands

Belgium

Czech Republic

Ukraine

Hungary

Latvia

Slovakia

Romania

Lithuania

Estonia

Luxembourg

Croatia

Serbia

Belarus

Vatican City

Bulgaria

Cyprus

Slovenia

Albania

Republic of Macedonia

Andorra

Malta

Monaco

Montenegro

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Moldova

Liechtenstein

San Marino

Kosovo

As always it is a question of offer vs. demand "

The Evil one mutters please Switzerland is made up of 26 states all nutty and weird and wonderful with some very nice clubs as well... So can we add Swiss German ha ha ohh forgot Swiss French, Italian and Rumantsch Grischun... soz am Dr Evil and evil....

Costa Blanca Spain...

."there are 47 independent european countries"

I think you will find that 27 (soon to be 28) of them are no more independent that the UK. Just Brussels satellite states.

By *s2funloversCouple  over a year ago

North Walsham and Spain

we are...here all the time now! who else is here, who else is passing through?? come and say hello, better still come and have some fun!

By *hunderstarCouple  over a year ago

hereford

Bump - please make this happen mods.

I remember someone suggesting that "us members" just upload to the main clubs page. I tried that - but you wouldn't allow it.

Perhaps just a trail of 6 months?

Just 3 to start - Spain / France / Germany?

Please?

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Bump - please make this happen mods.

I remember someone suggesting that "us members" just upload to the main clubs page. I tried that - but you wouldn't allow it.

Please? "

Problem is that the site (FAB) insists on a reciprocal link from the clubs website to get listed, so only the club owner/web designer can do it.

While most UK clubs have no difficulty in doing so, and actively want to for business reasons, continental clubs will always find it more difficult.

The first problem they have is knowing that FAB exists, and even if they did why would say a German club bother to list and link to a site that appears to have no benefit for them? Then there is the language problem, would a French or Spanish club owner who speaks little or no English bother to fill out the listing form? On both counts I think not.

On the other side of the coin however are a lot of FAB members who either live on or regularly visit the continent and would love some up to date info in English about the clubs in various countries.

Surely a separate section to allow members to list their favourite European clubs wouldn't be too difficult, and maybe once a club sees its listing it may link back as well.

Just a thought.

Catalunya, Spain

[Removed by poster at 24/06/13 09:38:49]

Catalunya, Spain

"Bump - please make this happen mods.

Please?

Problem is that the site (FAB) insists on a reciprocal link from the clubs website to get listed, so only the club owner/web designer can do it.

While most UK clubs have no difficulty in doing so, and actively want to for business reasons, continental clubs will always find it more difficult.

The first problem they have is knowing that FAB exists, and even if they did why would say a German club bother to list and link to a site that appears to have no benefit for them? Then there is the language problem, would a French or Spanish club owner who speaks little or no English bother to fill out the listing form? On both counts I think not.

On the other side of the coin however are a lot of FAB members who either live on or regularly visit the continent and would love some up to date info in English about the clubs in various countries.

Surely a separate section to allow members to list their favourite European clubs wouldn't be too difficult, and maybe once a club sees its listing it may link back as well.

Just a thought."

Great idea and another please?

hereford

You are right - that is a condition of being listed -

Perhaps then we could have a "fabbing on holiday" section - like a service from fab to us - the users?

I know they wouldn't make any $$$ out of it - but it would give even more value to the site with our collective knowledge.

hereford

The wife and I were just discussing this - perhaps "fab" would allow a year for clubs outside the uk to not have a reciprocal link - then it's up to us fabsters on holiday to tell the mgt of where we party "we found you on this great site called fab - have a look and post a link on your site and you will see more of us sexy Brits on holiday........."

Costa Blanca Spain...

"The wife and I were just discussing this - perhaps "fab" would allow a year for clubs outside the uk to not have a reciprocal link - then it's up to us fabsters on holiday to tell the mgt of where we party "we found you on this great site called fab - have a look and post a link on your site and you will see more of us sexy Brits on holiday........."

"

We'd go with that.

By *rittany22110Couple  over a year ago

France ; Brittany & Medoc

Yes please, surely the site search engine can be programmed to include the rest of Europe including France

» Add a new message to this topic