FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Link to forum posts on profiles

Link to forum posts on profiles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi! Done quick search to see if this has been raised before and didn't find anything - so here goes!

Is there any way that there could be a link on someone's profile to forum posts? Much like the 'recent threads' link showing someone's last 35 contributions?

I've seen this on other sites - for example without naming names one where 'those over 18 can locate aquaintences' (if you catch my drift!) - which I know is a fee based site. There it shows forum posts and questions asked, as well as answers to other people's posts.

My reasoning is this. It would enable those browsing others to get a wider picture of someone through access to their posts without expecting them to post every viewpoint, opinion and preference in huge detail in their profile text. It would also enable people to establish those with similar interests other than those listed as options, find those that visit clubs and socials - and potentially increase footfall in the forums - a boost to the site as a 'community'.

Just a thought! I'm no techie - so have no idea regarding the IT logistics or costs - but having seen it on other sites it always seemed to be a well used function!

Cheers!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

It is a while back but Admin answer on this one.

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/feedback/78330

So few people use the forums (yesterday, 0.69% of users posted to the forum) that we weren't sure how useful this is.

Is also adds an extra query for each profile page load and the less we do on each profile, the better.

This is why it hasn't happened yet.

Admin x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So few people use the forums (yesterday, 0.69% of users posted to the forum)"

That's an interesting stat. Is less than 1% the norm for posters, and do you have a percentage for how many browse the forums?

To the Ops suggestion, it would potentially increase participation in the forums, which presumably would be a good thing.

I really like this idea, I think it would also increase forum useage as well x

Good suggestion

BUT

Perhaps to help with additional server loads etc - the function should only be available to paying "donating" members.

I think having forum link would introduce more to forums, plus like a previous poster stated does that include the browsers and lurkers that read but don't post

By *ohnny4playMan  over a year ago

Kinross

"Good suggestion

BUT

Perhaps to help with additional server loads etc - the function should only be available to paying "donating" members.

"

Great idea

By *hris N KateCouple  over a year ago

Gainesville

actually, a link to a thread might combine with that idea floated a while ago about user blogs... you could have an option to display a link on your profile, visible to public, friends or not at all.. it leads to a forum folder with your name. Just don't have a link and it sits as an unindexed folder in the normal forum but is not browsable.

"Hi! Done quick search to see if this has been raised before and didn't find anything - so here goes!

Is there any way that there could be a link on someone's profile to forum posts? Much like the 'recent threads' link showing someone's last 35 contributions?

I've seen this on other sites - for example without naming names one where 'those over 18 can locate aquaintences' (if you catch my drift!) - which I know is a fee based site. There it shows forum posts and questions asked, as well as answers to other people's posts.

My reasoning is this. It would enable those browsing others to get a wider picture of someone through access to their posts without expecting them to post every viewpoint, opinion and preference in huge detail in their profile text. It would also enable people to establish those with similar interests other than those listed as options, find those that visit clubs and socials - and potentially increase footfall in the forums - a boost to the site as a 'community'.

Just a thought! I'm no techie - so have no idea regarding the IT logistics or costs - but having seen it on other sites it always seemed to be a well used function!

Cheers!!

"

In excellent idea. But even more than that, I must compliment this chap on the well thought through insightful reasoning he has given for such an idea to be floated.

As for 0.69% etc adding to forums each day... Interesting stat. This however could be looked at again in terms of over a week.. And if we knew such links would be posted to profiles, the greater use of said function maybe and the potential of increased traffic, feeling of community and therefore stakeholder ideals and willingness to commit to use if the site...

But maybe we are but dreamers...

You can see what posts anyone has made to the forums by pressing on your own recent posts and then changing the user name in the web search in the top bar (won't work on mobile site though )

I'm sure Fab had this function ages ago. It was useful to help get a broader picture of any potential meets.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"You can see what posts anyone has made to the forums by pressing on your own recent posts and then changing the user name in the web search in the top bar (won't work on mobile site though )"

I didn't think of doing that...Thanks

» Add a new message to this topic