FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Bigoted and sectarian forum ban

Bigoted and sectarian forum ban

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1 OP   Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Please can we have a ban on football sectarian and bigoted forums posts .

In my opinion they make for very cringworthy reading and never end in a good way .

Anyone who agrees please say so now so adim can see the effect its having to the forums.

So please admin put a stop to them now

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't mind football forums its when sectarianism becomes invoked is when it becomes a joke, so I agree with that part of it, I believe these people should be banned from here just like the football band people

"I don't mind football forums its when sectarianism becomes invoked is when it becomes a joke, so I agree with that part of it, I believe these people should be banned from here just like the football band people"
Idont either but when certain teams are mentiond you just know what its going to turn into and its just horrible to see it almost daily now on the forums.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

If you report these forum posts they'll be reviewed

Admin x

Admin we know all reports get reviewed but surly the best thing would be to stop people posting in the first place if it becomes a banned topic then no one is subjected to reading the vile stuff people write

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

You aren't subjected to reading the vile stuff people write. If it's about football, don't open it and read it.

I don't agree with banning certain subjects. You are an adult, if you don't like the way it's going, don't read it.

"You aren't subjected to reading the vile stuff people write. If it's about football, don't open it and read it.

I don't agree with banning certain subjects. You are an adult, if you don't like the way it's going, don't read it. "

yes this is true ...there are a few topics banned from the forums and in my opinion i think this should be one of them.

Simple dont read it,football posts are mostly banter

"Simple dont read it,football posts are mostly banter"
yes mostly sadly not the case in scotland forums and what always starts as a lighthearted post often ends up in a horendous torrent of bigoted comments

"Simple dont read it,football posts are mostly banteryes mostly sadly not the case in scotland forums and what always starts as a lighthearted post often ends up in a horendous torrent of bigoted comments "

Totally agree that almost every post involving the old firm in scotland forum always end up as a bigoted slanging match so should be banned.

Well said..Some of the stuff on here is really sad..if you want to talk about football or be Bigoted or abuse someone about whatever Football team they support them go find a football website..Some of the names of people on here are sad as well. 1967,1690,blah blah .sure you could find a name thats a bit more adventurous than all that crap.

xx

By *he Enigmatic MagnetMan  over a year ago

Glasgow West

"Please can we have a ban on football sectarian and bigoted forums posts .

In my opinion they make for very cringworthy reading and never end in a good way .

Anyone who agrees please say so now so adim can see the effect its having to the forums.

So please admin put a stop to them now "

100 per cent agree its embarrassing that's all we seem to be linked to up here"

100 per cent agree its embarrassing that's all we seem to be linked to up here "

Thats one of the points too people coming from all over and reading all this hatred in the scotland forums must just think wtf its bloody embarassing ans should be stopped

By *ondonpride69Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Admin,

can we please have a football forum

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"Admin,

can we please have a football forum "

You can bugger off, Im not Mod'ing that one!!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"You aren't subjected to reading the vile stuff people write. If it's about football, don't open it and read it.

I don't agree with banning certain subjects. You are an adult, if you don't like the way it's going, don't read it. yes this is true ...there are a few topics banned from the forums and in my opinion i think this should be one of them."

see my issue with it would be that the only topics I know that are off limits contain some from of illegality... and the last time I looks football isn't illegal....

report posts if you feel that strongly... but the topic itself is actually innocent...

I don't agree with banning certain subjects. You are an adult, if you don't like the way it's going, don't read it. yes this is true ...there are a few topics banned from the forums and in my opinion i think this should be one of them.

see my issue with it would be that the only topics I know that are off limits contain some from of illegality... and the last time I looks football isn't illegal....

report posts if you feel that strongly... but the topic itself is actually innocent..."

Football no, but any incitement to hatred via religion etc starts to get onto very shaky ground. As a website the end result will be directed at the owners not necessarily the posters.

On a side note the "banter" people speak of is actually way beyond banter in many cases. I don't think football discussions should be banned but I do find it odd that people come to a swinging site for fhose discussions. A bit like the first time I went to chams and people were watching corrie in the lounge upstairs!!!!

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

A bit like the first time I went to chams and people were watching corrie in the lounge upstairs!!!!"

I can beat that - once went to Cupids and they were all watching David Dickinsons Real Deal in the bar....

"

A bit like the first time I went to chams and people were watching corrie in the lounge upstairs!!!!

I can beat that - once went to Cupids and they were all watching David Dickinsons Real Deal in the bar.... "

Lol it's when they're all sitting around drinking mugs of tea! I felt like I was at someone's NAN's house! Most odd

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

but then you are on shaky ground.. why football and not... lets say.. rugby, or moto gp, or F1....

if not sport... why for example, fashion, or things in real life....

and ect ect ect... I think it is a slippery slope...

Glasgow West

"but then you are on shaky ground.. why football and not... lets say.. rugby, or moto gp, or F1....

and ect ect ect... I think it is a slippery slope..."

What you seem to be missing is the EXTREME divide between fans of a certain two teams in Scotland. Forget any Liverpool/Manchester/London team rivalries, this goes a lot deeper, a lot darker, and occasionally, a lot more dangerous.

What was being asked by the OP, who's view I wholeheartedly support, was a ban on threads about these teams, or threads being hijacked by discussions about these two teams. The hatred between fans of these teams is very thinly veiled in the forum, and it becomes very uncomfortable for the neutrals.

If, in the Scotland forum, football talk was to be banned, it is not just because it's football, it's because the sectarianism is so deeply rooted, that it spills over into every area of life.

People don't get murdered over the rivalry between Mark Webber & Sebastian Vettel. Old Firm fans in Scotland have been murdered for supporting one team or the other.

"but then you are on shaky ground.. why football and not... lets say.. rugby, or moto gp, or F1....

What you seem to be missing is the EXTREME divide between fans of a certain two teams in Scotland. Forget any Liverpool/Manchester/London team rivalries, this goes a lot deeper, a lot darker, and occasionally, a lot more dangerous.

What was being asked by the OP, who's view I wholeheartedly support, was a ban on threads about these teams, or threads being hijacked by discussions about these two teams. The hatred between fans of these teams is very thinly veiled in the forum, and it becomes very uncomfortable for the neutrals.

If, in the Scotland forum, football talk was to be banned, it is not just because it's football, it's because the sectarianism is so deeply rooted, that it spills over into every area of life.

People don't get murdered over the rivalry between Mark Webber & Sebastian Vettel. Old Firm fans in Scotland have been murdered for supporting one team or the other."

Well said mate

People don't get murdered over the rivalry between Mark Webber & Sebastian Vettel. Old Firm fans in Scotland have been murdered for supporting one team or the other."

Thank you for putting it into better words than i ever could

Glasgow West

I'd like to say it's a pleasure, but, well, nothing tainted by that stuff really is.

By *z ThongzWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Have to say i agree with that , i do avoid football threads but it does seem to creep into others as well and it seems regardless of which side the first comment is aimed at there is always someone willing to jump in and continue it on , perhaps if everyone stopped rising to the bait so easily they would get bored and stop doing it because it was no longer enciting the mindless sectarianism they craved .

Just a thought.

By *uckoldandWifeCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

How about abandoning the Scotland forum altogether and leave it the loyalists and separatists, extremists and haters and come join the fun in the other forums, just don't read Thatcher threads, dog poo threads or anything about cheaters as it gets pretty nasty then do. No one has threatened murder as yet but it's only a matter of time.

Seriously though, there is a point when freedom of speech becomes confused with a right to threaten others and this issue is not about sport it's about hate. Admin shouldn't dismiss it as banter or expect others to police it.

"How about abandoning the Scotland forum altogether and leave it the loyalists and separatists, extremists and haters and come join the fun in the other forums, just don't read Thatcher threads, dog poo threads or anything about cheaters as it gets pretty nasty then do. No one has threatened murder as yet but it's only a matter of time.

Seriously though, there is a point when freedom of speech becomes confused with a right to threaten others and this issue is not about sport it's about hate. Admin shouldn't dismiss it as banter or expect others to police it."

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I have to be honest and say I agree....as a lot of it is bordering on sinister but dressed up as banter.

"I have to be honest and say I agree....as a lot of it is bordering on sinister but dressed up as banter."

It used to be banter but now its just lots of underhand bigoted comments ,would like to say that the biggest majority of scots are nice friendly ppl and cant be bothered with some of the bile that is posted .

If you dont like the read dont read it! Simples.

"If you dont like the read dont read it! Simples. "
As has already been said further up the post it doesnt stay within football posts but spills into topic which aint even football related .

No one has any issues with football posts it the sectarian/bigoted ones that we're asking to be banned because there is no place for that kind of crap on here .

I totally agree with this effort to ban football threads which descend into bigotry & name calling. I also like the idea of one of the posters that names with 1888, 1872 etc are a bit mindless tho I guess that's not going to change. If people want to post threads which are effectively taunting rival football clubs then they should do it on football Chatrooms not swingers Chatrooms.

While we're at it can we also ban Orange Walk threads, IRA threads etc as these also tend to bring out the worst in people (some who are normally quite genuine folk). I've witnessed one which disappointed me greatly seeing someone show a homophobic side to them. It's really sad when it's someone you know & actually thought well of. Thankfully it was pulled. Nonetheless these threads raise sides to people I wouldn't normally expect to see on an adult swingers site.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We've said it before and we'll say it again... If you see threads you think are inappropriate, hit REPORT and Admin will review

Admin x