FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Setting search by distance from postcode.

Setting search by distance from postcode.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *quirrel OP   Man  over a year ago

Tameside

I think it would be a great help if when searching I could input my postcode (first part) and then limit the search distance from it, the results would start at the closest profile and spread out to the furthest.

A few extra icons on the search would help too, can/cannot accomodate, looking for social meet only.

Anyone else have an idea to improve searching for meets or a chat as I have dozens of people looking at my profile from as far as 150 miles away.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inkyScot22Man  over a year ago

Anniesland

You mean like exactly what's in Advanced Search?

By *quirrel OP   Man  over a year ago

Tameside

"You mean like exactly what's in Advanced Search?"

Nope, advanced only gives distances in increments of 5 miles, 5-10, 10-15, 15-20 etc. What I meant is that the profiles are placed in order of actual distance by actual mileage. 1,2,3,4,5 6 7 8,9,10, for example.

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

Bear in mind that each postal area may cover several miles, so the 5 mile increments are probably most suitable.

The "Who's Near" function on the Mobile Site would better suit your needs.

By *lackshadow7Man  over a year ago

Toronto

Unless you are using the latter part of a postcode for a specific search, as has been mentioned, some postal codes cover a large area of many miles.

A GPS based search would be more what you need. If on your mobile, the "Who's near" function does exactly this.

By *hris N KateCouple  over a year ago

Gainesville

Yeah but its only who is mobile online. Would be nice to not filter out offline or non mobile, then we have a distance based.search

» Add a new message to this topic