FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Google!

Google!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oxy_minx OP   Woman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Why am I coming up on a google search when my privacy settings are set to not show and have been for years!!!

Slightly worrying!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

None of your personal posts or your profile are cached in google.

Only things showing is when someone has mentioned your name "_oxy_minx" or "foxy" or "minx" whilst posting in a forum.

You may have actually posted in that forum thread - which is why they respond to you.

"None of your personal posts or your profile are cached in google.

Only things showing is when someone has mentioned your name "_oxy_minx" or "foxy" or "minx" whilst posting in a forum.

You may have actually posted in that forum thread - which is why they respond to you."

whoops - my bad.. this will soon get cached and be able to be found now

Scotland - Aberdeen

But, they can follow the thread and then click on my profile! Surely, nothing should be captured?

I'm wondering if it is in connection to the recent problems?

The google searches pulled up her comments on forums, not just mentions of her name, and from there its click on her not blurry avatar into her profile

I checked it from a netbook that I have not logged onto fabs from, and was able to see the same as foxy, a list of her forum posts! (admitted from last year) I do not have auto log in on ever as I have kids, so manually type in the passwords from my vaio when I log in

Scotland - Aberdeen

Can admin please have a look and comment?

After today, no wonder I am slightly worried!

Its been like that for months we checked after we opted out, still the same not sure what can be done about it, could be an issue with Google who knows. its the Internet you take your chances a guess.

* cReEpS rOunD cRyPt * - | -

"Can admin please have a look and comment?

After today, no wonder I am slightly worried! "

chill or hide your profile till you know

* cReEpS rOunD cRyPt * - | -

Scotland - Aberdeen

After today, no wonder I am slightly worried! chill or hide your profile till you know

* cReEpS rOunD cRyPt * - | -"

I know, I have removed all face pics from friends only for now, just to be safe, but I don't want to hide my profile as I am looking to meet!

I also have a future weekend away to advertise and look forward to

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

After today, no wonder I am slightly worried! "

Are you searching for your name while logged in?

Scotland - Aberdeen

No, A friend notified me whilst I was at work and not logged in!

And the link that came up directed them straight to the forum thread posted (the avatar wasn't even blurred out!) Which then allowed them to have access to my profile, without having to log in to the site, so yes, I am a bit worried and therefore why I have removed all face pics etc

And I opted out of search engines years ago, so it can't be that either.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I just googled for foxy minx and you didn't come up. I then google for foxy minx fabswingers and threads with your name on came up...no avatar visible and this message when I tried to access your profile.

Profile only shows to registered users.

Already a member? Login here

Want to join us? Register today: Fab Swingers is free to use!

Scotland - Aberdeen

Well, that is good to hear, but I can assure you it wasn't like that earlier, all the avatars (in the thread) were clearly visible and they were able to access my profile in full without logging on, and it was your second search method that they found me on

Forum Mod

O o O oo

They don't show up at all from what I could see.

I think you can see one thread as it mentions you by name in the title , as it is 24 weeks ago I will try and find it to delete.

But....unless people know you are on here to google Fabswingers next to your username no one else would have found it anyway.

Scotland - Aberdeen

"They don't show up at all from what I could see.

I think you can see one thread as it mentions you by name in the title , as it is 24 weeks ago I will try and find it to delete.

But....unless people know you are on here to google Fabswingers next to your username no one else would have found it anyway. "

Thank you! Very much appreciated

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Sorted

The thread title might still show on google, but the thread isn't there now.

you may as well delete this thread too since, the OP's name has been mentioned in our posts (or delete our original post).

"The google searches pulled up her comments on forums, not just mentions of her name, and from there its click on her not blurry avatar into her profile

I checked it from a netbook that I have not logged onto fabs from, and was able to see the same as foxy, a list of her forum posts! (admitted from last year) I do not have auto log in on ever as I have kids, so manually type in the passwords from my vaio when I log in "

thats incorrect - it will show her posts if she has posted in a thread - but what is actually being found by google is other peoples posts wit the words foxy minx or _oxy_minx just like this post. (well it would - just realised we have our security settings set to private too).

Any posts the OP makes are private from web searches - its the posts by others that aren't.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"you may as well delete this thread too since, the OP's name has been mentioned in our posts (or delete our original post)."

It was the title of the thread that was making it show on google....I can't delete every thread she has commented on

"you may as well delete this thread too since, the OP's name has been mentioned in our posts (or delete our original post)."

No need - just realised we have our security settings set to private too so it wouldn;t show on google.

"Well, that is good to hear, but I can assure you it wasn't like that earlier, all the avatars (in the thread) were clearly visible and they were able to access my profile in full without logging on, and it was your second search method that they found me on "

only people who are logged in members can see avatars.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

This might be a good time to remind people of their privacy settings.

http://www.fabswingers.com/my/privacy

Scotland - Aberdeen

Thanks for everything! To everyone! And I do agree to reminding people about their privacy settings, but mine have been completely set for years!

That is why I was so concerned, I thought I wouldn't show up at all....maybe that should be made clearer? Just a thought!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

You didn't show up...a forum thread with your name as a title did

Sadly though not everyone will use or even know where the privacy settings are... so some amount of threads will show.

Scotland - Aberdeen

Can they not be set by default? So people do not have to opt out? Just a thought.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Can they not be set by default? So people do not have to opt out? Just a thought."

Hopefully when Admin see your suggestion they will answer

Scotland - Aberdeen

Well after today's debacle it can only help can it not? Every little helps I suppose

Iv just read this , I put names into Google and it did link straight onto site profiles also comes up with other comments and posts on Google , not right is it x although did look in fb and couldn't see any pics of anyone x x

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Just our 2p on this:

Don't use a username or post info that someone would google, so don't use a username that is the same as you use on a vanilla site. Same on any website you want to keep anonymous on. This is hopefully internet common sense

Unless someone knows your username on here, why would they google it? If they knew it, they could just register and find you anyway.

Admin x

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Have to agree with admins advice re user names!

Just googled mine and what did I find ?

Loads of references to a certain Jedi, a Chelsea footballer and even a Horse with the same name!

Not a single link to me or any forum posts. Not that I'm ever in the forums!

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I just googled and found my first ever forum post. Shame it doesn't give the actual date of posting.

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

As Admin have already said, don't use your real name or a user name that you use on other sites!

"Not a single link to me or any forum posts. Not that I'm ever in the forums! "

When I pretended not to be a member, I was able to ascertain that you like fruit, have a birthday and that "I've a bi ho"

Since Admin can clearly block Google's spiders from indexing some of the site, i.e. those users who have opted out of being "Googleable", maybe they could exclude the forums too? And set new profiles to default to privacy?

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Just our 2p on this:

Don't use a username or post info that someone would google, so don't use a username that is the same as you use on a vanilla site. Same on any website you want to keep anonymous on. This is hopefully internet common sense

Unless someone knows your username on here, why would they google it? If they knew it, they could just register and find you anyway.

Admin x"

This is very true, although it does rather defeat the point of the privacy setting

» Add a new message to this topic