FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Who Looked At Me Suggestion

Who Looked At Me Suggestion

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it possible to for the "who looked at me" to only include those you are looking for in relation to our filters (age/validated, with profile pics etc)

and exclude those that dont.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

er......they do but its to do with mail filters...(no pun intended)

I have messages blocked from males and no males look at me....

If I enable messages...they do

"er......they do but its to do with mail filters...(no pun intended)

I have messages blocked from males and no males look at me....

If I enable messages...they do

"

Yes but we have those outside our age ranges, those without profile pics or validated etc.

It's nothing do so about single males.

If there were single males that fitted our criteria - we "may" be interested.

We also dont want to block people/genders from message/mail contact unless we really have to.

Your mail or privicy filters have no bearing on the who's looked at you list, it purely shows everyone that's looked at you, doesn't mean they can all message you and it diesnt restrict anyone looking at your progile.

Personally i don't have an issue with anyone looking at my profile and I wouldn't want to filter the results or restrict it in anyway....I just stop orome I don't want messaging me xx

"Your mail or privicy filters have no bearing on the who's looked at you list, it purely shows everyone that's looked at you, doesn't mean they can all message you and it diesnt restrict anyone looking at your progile.

Personally i don't have an issue with anyone looking at my profile and I wouldn't want to filter the results or restrict it in anyway....I just stop orome I don't want messaging me xx"

Not what we asked..

It's a who has looked at your profile,

not a who's looked at your profile within your select criteria...

I'm not sure why you would only want to see those within your selected criteria in the looked at me,

If they only look and don't get in touch, why worry about them?

I rarely look in there, and am not set to show on other peoples looked at me either,

"It's a who has looked at your profile,

not a who's looked at your profile within your select criteria...

I'm not sure why you would only want to see those within your selected criteria in the looked at me,

If they only look and don't get in touch, why worry about them?

I rarely look in there, and am not set to show on other peoples looked at me either, "

Not everyone who is interested will actually contact you, and prefer those to contact them.

Beside if that is the reason - why have the feature in the first place!!

The feature is there for those that donate as extra value - if it's a feature for extra value then it should be worked as one that goes within your favour.

Why get a endless list of a majority those that dont fit and will never fit? That makes no sense.

A better sense for the feature would list those that fit your criteria.

Still - if you personally have no interest in the feature as is.. why comment in the first place?

Its there as an extra feature when you donate? Why can people then hide that they have looked at you? If you paid extra to see who looked at you then you can't see who looked at you why do we pay? Seems a bit unfair. Personally it gives my vanity a lift to see how many have looked at me, except I can't because they are all scared and run and hide. Bugger

"Is it possible to for the "who looked at me" to only include those you are looking for in relation to our filters (age/validated, with profile pics etc)

and exclude those that dont.

"

That would be good as I don't see the point in those outside my age preference being able to view my profile, during the holidays its worse and then takes longer to scroll through the list for those I may be interested in

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

What difference would it make?

If they looked and were interested, they would contact you....

We do have to look before we can decide...

Used to hate getting mail saying "Saw you look at me".....

Yeah! And???

"What difference would it make?

Yeah! And???"

For me though they cannot as I have message filters set

And I hope you reported them?? Never understand why people feel the need to send hate mail to someone

By *ath-N-DelCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow area

Yeah! And???

And I hope you reported them?? Never understand why people feel the need to send hate mail to someone "

You misunderstood...

They mails saying "saw you look"...

Im the one thinking "Yeah! And"??

Yeah! And???

And I hope you reported them?? Never understand why people feel the need to send hate mail to someone

You misunderstood...

They mails saying "saw you look"...

Im the one thinking "Yeah! And"??

"

ah yes just re-read the comment d'oh though it was the line 'used to hate getting mail' that I misread

Yeah! And???"

Thats in correct - people who are interested just may not want to make the first move - or think that you wouldn't be interested in them.

We have and do make first moves to contact people on the who looked at me list and got warm responses and meets.

Just because they looked and didn't contact - doesn't mean they have no interest in you.

People are scared of rejection, so dont make first moves - we are quite happy to make the first moves to contact people as we are not scared of rejection.

Although, we never start of with "you looked at us" - we just send a normal introduction mail with face pics etc.

I agree it would be a useful optional preference setting.

As would being able to search by sexual status 9already in the mix I understand)

By *ath-N-DelCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow area

Yeah! And???

Thats in correct - people who are interested just may not want to make the first move - or think that you wouldn't be interested in them.

We have and do make first moves to contact people on the who looked at me list and got warm responses and meets.

Just because they looked and didn't contact - doesn't mean they have no interest in you.

People are scared of rejection, so dont make first moves - we are quite happy to make the first moves to contact people as we are not scared of rejection.

Although, we never start of with "you looked at us" - we just send a normal introduction mail with face pics etc."

Im not interested in anyone that is to nervous to send a message or is scared of rejection....

[Removed by poster at 27/04/13 15:38:18]

"Your mail or privicy filters have no bearing on the who's looked at you list, it purely shows everyone that's looked at you, doesn't mean they can all message you and it diesnt restrict anyone looking at your progile.

Personally i don't have an issue with anyone looking at my profile and I wouldn't want to filter the results or restrict it in anyway....I just stop orome I don't want messaging me xx

Not what we asked.. "

Yes I know

It was in reply to the post that says it was controlled by your mail/privacy settings, which is incorrect. I then commented it is not a feature I wound want or use. Not sure why it warranted the eye rolling....but hey ho!!

Not what we asked..

Yes I know

It was in reply to the post that says it was controlled by your mail/privacy settings, which is incorrect. I then commented it is not a feature I wound want or use. Not sure why it warranted the eye rolling....but hey ho!!"

It had no relevance to the original opening post of the thread.

Since you had not quoted to what you were referring to - bit ambiguous to expect people to know what you are commenting on in the first place.

I guess if people were really that worried about making the first move they'd wink!

Plus as it's been said - a large proportion of site supporters hide the fact they've viewed someone - so you'd still be missing out on loads of profiles that fit your criteria!

By *exxxesCouple  over a year ago

Newbury / London

Agree with OP on this, would be useful and as it is an 'extra' it could be more tweakable shall we say.

Of course, as with all suggestions they get shot down because someone else doesn't like. The more people can tailor this site to their needs then surely that's for the better?

I accept this site as it is

This is the reason I perv in stealth and I think that more people contacting those that looked, and did not contact is not a good thing.

If it was tailored in this way, to suit the very few, then most the people I know would go into stealth mode and looked at me lists would be much shorter. The same comes up with the hotlist feature regularly, in the majority, if hotlist's were public most of the forum would stop using the feature.

An open forum allows comments to be made on any aspect from any point of view of any ones interpretation of the op, or someone else's comment.

It depends on what your using the "who's looked at me" for, the Op is obviously trying to use it as a way to get meets, we however just use it to see who is stalking us lol. We would agree with the previous comment though, for the most part if someone was interested they would message or wink. As has also been said it wouldn't matter if it showed people within your search criteria only as there are those that chose not to be shown on "who's looked at me".

Not what we asked..

Yes I know

It was in reply to the post that says it was controlled by your mail/privacy settings, which is incorrect. I then commented it is not a feature I wound want or use. Not sure why it warranted the eye rolling....but hey ho!!"

We'll sorry but you are wrong. When we block males from messaging us they all disappear from our looked at me list but if we unblock them they all reappear like magic

Oh and we would like this feature aswell

"I guess if people were really that worried about making the first move they'd wink!

Plus as it's been said - a large proportion of site supporters hide the fact they've viewed someone - so you'd still be missing out on loads of profiles that fit your criteria!"

Again as much as 1st messaging goes, winks are the same. People are shy! Also lots of people hate winks.

If we see a profile who has looked at us, and we like the look of them, we'll send a intro message with a face pic - we're not scared to make 1st moves.

If people decide to hide or use stealth mode, thats fine they use the site as they wish - they wouldn't show up anyway.

But what we're talking about is making the who's looked at me feature more of a usable "feature" for members who actually donate.

"

If it was tailored in this way, to suit the very few, then most the people I know would go into stealth mode and looked at me lists would be much shorter. The same comes up with the hotlist feature regularly, in the majority, if hotlist's were public most of the forum would stop using the feature.

An open forum allows comments to be made on any aspect from any point of view of any ones interpretation of the op, or someone else's comment.

"

Would they really?

Lets think about that shall we - if they already show on the list they would only show on our list if they fit our "looking for".

If thats the case, why haven't they already chose the stealth privacy mode?

Then when they do, you can read the above post in relation to that.

It seems some people post drivel before actually trying to make any sense of what is actually being suggested and trip up over their own posting.

lol

» Add a new message to this topic