FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > User No long on the site

User No long on the site

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

You know when we have verifications from our friends and we like to show them on our profile and when they leave ya verifications goes. Yes i know obviously ppl still have green tick but if their posts still stays on the forums and messages they have sent before they left are still in yr message inbox saying "User no longer on site" surely the wording on our verifications could be kept on our profile but instead of their fab name if they left cant it just say "User no longer on site" like it does in the above, cos so many ppl leave and then realise they come back and we gotta type their veris again and they have as well so any chance of that happening owners please

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

hey ho i guess it not a popular idea then okies xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Actually i think its a great idea

By *ILLY aka SirslagWoman  over a year ago

Land of the Prince Bishops

yeah i also think its a great idea having been one of those peeps who have had to redo veris the odd time or two

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

I think it's a good idea too!! Xx

Me three

By *iceguydaveMan  over a year ago

Monmouth

Me four. Can't see any good reason not to do this!

By * pool 1Couple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Same here good idea.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Wouldn't people still write a veri out if they came back so it shows their new name?

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

I think it would be especially good for those that may only have one veri then the user leaves and you keep the green tick but for all anyone looking knows that could be a webcam/phone veri.

from experience they come back under same name its just nice to see what they have actuall written cos if it shows it on messages and forum why not on profiles was only a question, i got all their names and veries on word so at least when they come back i just paste it save typing it all, because i do give lovely verifications and very true veris gotta be the only way truthful lol

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Even if they came back with the same name the old veri would still show as "user no longer here" and they would still need to give and recieve new veri's.

It is only an comment to your question.

i suppose so but still think its a good idea lol

[Removed by poster at 02/05/13 20:24:43]

I posted exactly same thing several months ago in forum, I think it would be great idea, but don't think site owners agree.

Another thing I don't understand, only need to wait few hours to be able to use chat rooms but have to wait 7 days to post in forum.

A ban from chat room is from 1 hr onwards, ban from forums from 1 day onwards, why the difference, dont get it

thought forum bans were 48 hrs i gotta be a good girl in forums and think before i type from now on lol

By *avindaWoman  over a year ago

North Wales

I think it is a great idea. People take the time to write some really nice things and they just disappear. Just remove the site users name.

thats what we are trying to ask for hun xxx

The idea is that you are verifying the profile screen name you met - verifying a new screen name will just encourage fakes

By *appy campersCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

Totally agree Kitty! Three of our single guy friends have left the site in the last couple of weeks, so our lovely veri's have disappeared Makes us look like billy no mates Lol xxx

Agree completely would be great!

Lost a lot of mine

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I posted exactly same thing several months ago in forum, I think it would be great idea, but don't think site owners agree.

Another thing I don't understand, only need to wait few hours to be able to use chat rooms but have to wait 7 days to post in forum.

A ban from chat room is from 1 hr onwards, ban from forums from 1 day onwards, why the difference, dont get it "

If you got a ban for an hour on the forum you could get it when you are logged off and the ban could be up by the time you get back on so it seems silly giving out an hour

"You know when we have verifications from our friends and we like to show them on our profile and when they leave ya verifications goes. Yes i know obviously ppl still have green tick but if their posts still stays on the forums and messages they have sent before they left are still in yr message inbox saying "User no longer on site" surely the wording on our verifications could be kept on our profile but instead of their fab name if they left cant it just say "User no longer on site" like it does in the above"

We asked this over a year ago (we had another profile back then) - admin sounded positive behind the idea - but nothing has happened since.

perhaps the folk shouldnt leave the site...restart the work that they put in the first place to get meets..

been on the site before appears a common occurrence stop restart stop restart..never sounds good in my book..

I think thats why the hide profile function works very well

and IF they were that worth keeping as friends etc...why werent they advised just to stick around..isnt that what 'friends' do?

the sites free, but sometimes its misused in this way..and only brings me to the conclusion, they went offsite for a reason(that isnt great)..probably pissed someone off most likely or assumed after 2/3 verifications nobody would turn them down for a meet and have dummy spat

"perhaps the folk shouldnt leave the site...restart the work that they put in the first place to get meets..

been on the site before appears a common occurrence stop restart stop restart..never sounds good in my book..

and IF they were that worth keeping as friends etc...why werent they advised just to stick around..isnt that what 'friends' do?

the sites free, but sometimes its misused in this way..and only brings me to the conclusion, they went offsite for a reason(that isnt great)..probably pissed someone off most likely or assumed after 2/3 verifications nobody would turn them down for a meet and have dummy spat"

i keep in touch with my friends after they left the site. when i left the site it was due to my being so ill i nearly lost my life and had to get someone to delete my account due to my being in hospital for a long time but now i have rejoined. people leave the site for all reasons problems with their marriage, family troubles, etc. i wasnt on about ppl leaving the site cos of them being trouble makers etc., that wasnt the point of my post, was to keep the nicely worded verifications xxxxxx

Its an excellent idea..

Afterall not everyone comes back

If they do come back there is no reason for them to veri someone again as the last one is still there and is having a username important on a veri?

"Its an excellent idea..

Afterall not everyone comes back

If they do come back there is no reason for them to veri someone again as the last one is still there and is having a username important on a veri?"

it is for us to a certain extent because we often don't fully read the actual content of a verification but will have a quick look at the profile of those who left it...it gives us all kinds of clues as to whether we want to meet someone...people who state they insist on safe sex who've met others who only do bareback just being one example...we're not weird verification stalkers but it does add to the greater picture...

aye if im a bit down i read my veris and makes me feel better about myself lolk

The reason Veris from people who no longer are on the site is that these Veris are considered no longer current. Some members may have 1 Veri, hide it & show as Verified by someone no longer on the site & that would be unfair to folk who think that user is verified as someone who meets or whatever. It makes sense to drop old verifications from folk who no longer wish to use the site - they may want meets not to be known. It protects their privacy too. Fab can't be mind readers & think people who left will be back. If they do return & wish to contact a member then they will & will also write a new Veri. It makes perfect sense to remove old data.

[Removed by poster at 03/05/13 15:17:56]

[Removed by poster at 03/05/13 15:19:51]

"The reason Veris from people who no longer are on the site is that these Veris are considered no longer current. Some members may have 1 Veri, hide it & show as Verified by someone no longer on the site & that would be unfair to folk who think that user is verified as someone who meets or whatever. It makes sense to drop old verifications from folk who no longer wish to use the site - they may want meets not to be known. It protects their privacy too. Fab can't be mind readers & think people who left will be back. If they do return & wish to contact a member then they will & will also write a new Veri. It makes perfect sense to remove old data. "

If people don't want their veris shown, then they shouldn't verify anyone.. Nothing to do with mind reading.

Also a veri will not have a username if they leave, that's what was suggested. So makes perfect sense for veris still to be able to be shown!

"The reason Veris from people who no longer are on the site is that these Veris are considered no longer current. Some members may have 1 Veri, hide it & show as Verified by someone no longer on the site & that would be unfair to folk who think that user is verified as someone who meets or whatever. It makes sense to drop old verifications from folk who no longer wish to use the site - they may want meets not to be known. It protects their privacy too. Fab can't be mind readers & think people who left will be back. If they do return & wish to contact a member then they will & will also write a new Veri. It makes perfect sense to remove old data.

If people don't want their veris shown, then they shouldn't verify anyone.. Nothing to do with mind reading.

Also a veri will not have a username if they leave, that's what was suggested. So makes perfect sense for veris still to be able to be shown!"

agrees with brenda

[Removed by poster at 03/05/13 18:10:41]

think its a brill idea but hey ho not to be done never mind puts thinking cap on yet again lol have a good weekend folks

"perhaps the folk shouldnt leave the site...restart the work that they put in the first place to get meets..

the sites free, but sometimes its misused in this way..and only brings me to the conclusion, they went offsite for a reason(that isnt great)..probably pissed someone off most likely or assumed after 2/3 verifications nobody would turn them down for a meet and have dummy spat

i keep in touch with my friends after they left the site. when i left the site it was due to my being so ill i nearly lost my life and had to get someone to delete my account due to my being in hospital for a long time but now i have rejoined. people leave the site for all reasons problems with their marriage, family troubles, etc. i wasnt on about ppl leaving the site cos of them being trouble makers etc., that wasnt the point of my post, was to keep the nicely worded verifications xxxxxx"

leave the site and everything should be removed as suggested above for data protection as verifies may have something sensitive in them

its nice to have friends that understand the situation that u were in, but i know u werent talking about the site misbehaving returners but I still cant see why a verification should stay regardless when a member has left the site

in fact it could actually go against someone when it appears that they have met X amount of user no longer on site..as i often use the verification feature to cross reference new contacts in case i have suspicions, so that would probably make me feel like the verifies may indeed be false...i can make 10 profiles pretty easily enough cant I?-then verify the profiles and then delete them

can u see how this would be abused?

Well, after three fantastic years, (until the last week or so), I will be leaving the site on friday.

I have asked before for a "de-activate account" option on Fab, like they have on Facebook, so all your info/veri's are stored in one place until you are ready to re-activate your account.

Tried "hiding" my account, does not work as friends & people who have winked/messaged you in the past can still message you... dragging you back into Fab!

Had the "deactivate" option been available I simply would not be leaving the site. I will be back at some point, & as Kitten has said using my old user name unless it get's taken.

Going "off-topic", I have never copied & pasted" a message in my life.... but it would be rather handy to know how to do so now.

I have a VERY long "Friends List" & would like to drop them all a line explaining that I'm leaving, the reasons why, thanking them for their support over the years & if anyone wants to pass on their contact details we can keep in touch in the "real" World.

i keep in touch with my friends after they left the site. when i left the site it was due to my being so ill i nearly lost my life and had to get someone to delete my account due to my being in hospital for a long time but now i have rejoined. people leave the site for all reasons problems with their marriage, family troubles, etc. i wasnt on about ppl leaving the site cos of them being trouble makers etc., that wasnt the point of my post, was to keep the nicely worded verifications xxxxxx

leave the site and everything should be removed as suggested above for data protection as verifies may have something sensitive in them

its nice to have friends that understand the situation that u were in, but i know u werent talking about the site misbehaving returners but I still cant see why a verification should stay regardless when a member has left the site

in fact it could actually go against someone when it appears that they have met X amount of user no longer on site..as i often use the verification feature to cross reference new contacts in case i have suspicions, so that would probably make me feel like the verifies may indeed be false...i can make 10 profiles pretty easily enough cant I?-then verify the profiles and then delete them

can u see how this would be abused? "

ten profiles you would need ten IP addresses in that case because Site Owners are not daft they stop veris being given even under different names on same comp

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"Well, after three fantastic years, (until the last week or so), I will be leaving the site on friday.

I have asked before for a "de-activate account" option on Fab, like they have on Facebook, so all your info/veri's are stored in one place until you are ready to re-activate your account.

Tried "hiding" my account, does not work as friends & people who have winked/messaged you in the past can still message you... dragging you back into Fab!

"

Hide your profile pics and then switch off email notifications from the following page

http://www.fabswingers.com/my/email_notifications

and then you will never know anyone has sent you a message, etc and you have what you are after i.e. a deactivated account!

You will only be "dragged back" if you really want to be and it shows you don't really want to go anyway

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

That should have been hide your profile AND pics

agree should be able to keep verifications.

I think thats why the hide profile function works very wel

the sites free, but sometimes its misused in this way..and only brings me to the conclusion, they went offsite for a reason(that isnt great)..probably pissed someone off most likely or assumed after

2/3 verifications nobody would turn them down for a meet and have dummy spa

i keep in touch with my friends after they left the site. when i left the site it was due to my being so ill i nearly lost my life and had to get someone to delete my account due to my being in hospital for a long time but now i have rejoined. people leave the site for all reasons problems with their marriage, family troubles, etc. i wasnt on about ppl leaving the site cos of them being troublemakers etc., that wasnt the point of my post, was to keep the nicely worded verifications xxxxxx

leave the site and everything should be removed as suggested above for data protection as verifiesmay have something sensitive in them

its nice to have friends that understand the situation that u were in, but i know u werent talking about the site misbehaving returners but I still cant see why a verification should stay regardless when a member has left the si

can u see how this would be abused? "

I think it's a very blinkered view to think someone leaves the site for issues pertaining to falling out with people or spitting their dummy out .we left once before and we ave not been short of meets .we ave had a break from swinging for a year and hid our profile.then last year we left for a while a few months and deleted our profile. Came back to a fresh start .think everyone is entitled to breaks now and again and as a couple does you good to breathe and reboot now and again.poppyxx

By *iggamanMan  over a year ago

London

"You know when we have verifications from our friends and we like to show them on our profile and when they leave ya verifications goes. Yes i know obviously ppl still have green tick but if their posts still stays on the forums and messages they have sent before they left are still in yr message inbox saying "User no longer on site" surely the wording on our verifications could be kept on our profile but instead of their fab name if they left cant it just say "User no longer on site" like it does in the above, cos so many ppl leave and then realise they come back and we gotta type their veris again and they have as well so any chance of that happening owners please "

Fully agree with your idea especially as I have lost more then a few verifications for this very reason

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Great idea

well maybe admin will agree if enough members ask for it

I think thats why the hide profile function works very wel

the sites free, but sometimes its misused in this way..and only brings me to the conclusion, they went offsite for a reason(that isnt great)..probably pissed someone off most likely or assumed after

2/3 verifications nobody would turn them down for a meet and have dummy spa

i keep in touch with my friends after they left the site. when i left the site it was due to my being so ill i nearly lost my life and had to get someone to delete my account due to my being in hospital for a long time but now i have rejoined. people leave the site for all reasons problems with their marriage, family troubles, etc. i wasnt on about ppl leaving the site cos of them being troublemakers etc., that wasnt the point of my post, was to keep the nicely worded verifications xxxxxx

leave the site and everything should be removed as suggested above for data protection as verifiesmay have something sensitive in them

its nice to have friends that understand the situation that u were in, but i know u werent talking about the site misbehaving returners but I still cant see why a verification should stay regardless when a member has left the si

can u see how this would be abused? I think it's a very blinkered view to think someone leaves the site for issues pertaining to falling out with people or spitting their dummy out .we left once before and we ave not been short of meets .we ave had a break from swinging for a year and hid our profile.then last year we left for a while a few months and deleted our profile. Came back to a fresh start .think everyone is entitled to breaks now and again and as a couple does you good to breathe and reboot now and again.poppyxx "

blinkered view or not...it will be abused..IMO

Ive had a previous profile or two..but I'd actually left the site and came back when I felt ready..I found it easy enough to get new meets or get in contact with old meets(or those that became regular)..ahh well..its a new verify..and Id say id be happy its not a verify from 'usernolongeronsite'

» Add a new message to this topic