FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Unable to message until photo verified?

Unable to message until photo verified?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do any other 'fabbers' think you should be unable to message people until you are photo verified?! After all, the pic is completely private & takes 2 mins to do so surely the only reason to NOT be is if you're a time-waster or fake?? We've had messages from people who have been on the site for a couple of days & have obviously signed up for the sole purpose of winding genuine people up. I know you can set the message filter, but personally I think it should be a rule anyway. Obviously it won't stop ALL fakes & time-wasters, wind up merchants etc but it might deter some of them? What are your views??

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

we aren't photo verified and have no intention of doing so.

"we aren't photo verified and have no intention of doing so. "

Can I ask why?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm not photo verified and have no intention of doing so till my well sexy slimmer younger friend agrees to me taking her pic

"we aren't photo verified and have no intention of doing so.

Can I ask why?"

because we attend socials, we make friends via the chatrooms where we show our faces on cam. We don't need a pic with a bit of paper on it to prove that we are who we say we are.

"I'm not photo verified and have no intention of doing so till my well sexy slimmer younger friend agrees to me taking her pic "

Can I ask why though? I can't understand why people wouldn't want to be when it's totally private, and no one else will see it? We were sceptical when we were new but decided within a few hours to do so.

You don't even need to have your face on to be photo verified.

Can I ask why?

because we attend socials, we make friends via the chatrooms where we show our faces on cam. We don't need a pic with a bit of paper on it to prove that we are who we say we are."

That's understandable I guess, and as you say it proves you are who you say you are, but why are you against being photo verified??

Can I ask why?

because we attend socials, we make friends via the chatrooms where we show our faces on cam. We don't need a pic with a bit of paper on it to prove that we are who we say we are.

That's understandable I guess, and as you say it proves you are who you say you are, but why are you against being photo verified??"

I'm not against it, it's just not something that we will ever do.

"Do any other 'fabbers' think you should be unable to message people until you are photo verified?! After all, the pic is completely private & takes 2 mins to do so surely the only reason to NOT be is if you're a time-waster or fake?? We've had messages from people who have been on the site for a couple of days & have obviously signed up for the sole purpose of winding genuine people up. I know you can set the message filter, but personally I think it should be a rule anyway. Obviously it won't stop ALL fakes & time-wasters, wind up merchants etc but it might deter some of them? What are your views??"

"I'm not photo verified and have no intention of doing so till my well sexy slimmer younger friend agrees to me taking her pic

Can I ask why though? I can't understand why people wouldn't want to be when it's totally private, and no one else will see it? We were sceptical when we were new but decided within a few hours to do so.

You don't even need to have your face on to be photo verified."

My face is on profile anyway so it's not that, I have managed all this time without it and will continue to and to be honest I don't even look to see if anyone is photo verified either.

Can I ask why?

That's understandable I guess, and as you say it proves you are who you say you are, but why are you against being photo verified??

I'm not against it, it's just not something that we will ever do."

Ok, let's look at it another way. If the site had made it so you HAD to be photo verified to message other people, would you have done it? I can understand why a few people aren't PV'd like yourselves as you are verified in meets so you don't need to be but, I think it would be helpful if everyone had to be in the first place.

"

My face is on profile anyway so it's not that, I have managed all this time without it and will continue to and to be honest I don't even look to see if anyone is photo verified either. "

We look to see if people are photo verified, IF they aren't verified by meets. To us, if they've been on a while, aren't verified in person or PV'd then we assume they are time wasters. I'm not saying everyone who isn't is a time waster but I'm saying that if the site made it a necessity then it would put people off who really were time-wasters. You get plenty of teenage lads on here who sign up just to give abuse to people for 'a laugh'

If you don't need your face in photo verification then you could still be fake I'm not photo verified don't intend to be but got verified in person quite quickly

"

My face is on profile anyway so it's not that, I have managed all this time without it and will continue to and to be honest I don't even look to see if anyone is photo verified either.

We look to see if people are photo verified, IF they aren't verified by meets. To us, if they've been on a while, aren't verified in person or PV'd then we assume they are time wasters. I'm not saying everyone who isn't is a time waster but I'm saying that if the site made it a necessity then it would put people off who really were time-wasters. You get plenty of teenage lads on here who sign up just to give abuse to people for 'a laugh' "

But why would it put them off especially seeing as how it doesn't even as you said have to be a face pic ?

Even if it is a face pic it might not be you

"

But why would it put them off especially seeing as how it doesn't even as you said have to be a face pic ? "

Because I imagine it would put a lot of time-wasters off, being a 'hassle' etc (even though its not)

I don't think anyone genuine would be put off by photo verifying themselves, and although as you say, people could still be fakes, it would surely a few of them out?

"Even if it is a face pic it might not be you "

"Even if it is a face pic it might not be you "

True, but it's hard to photo edit a verify picture, as your hands have to be shown to be holding the paper.

I must of tried 10-times 2 " verify " my photo. I eventually gave up.

Really, dus it matter 2 b " verified " ?

"I must of tried 10-times 2 " verify " my photo. I eventually gave up.

Really, dus it matter 2 b " verified " ?"

We don't meet singles very often, mostly couples. So from our point of view we are sick of talking to couples who turn out to be a single bloke trying to get kicks. If they are photo verified we know they genuinely are a couple, not a single man. So it's something we use (if not verified by meets) to judge whether people are real. Ok, so plenty of people are happy to chat to or meet people who aren't photo verified, but what difference would it make to you guys if the site made it a rule to be photo verified? Would it put you off?

We don't meet singles very often, mostly couples. So from our point of view we are sick of talking to couples who turn out to be a single bloke trying to get kicks. If they are photo verified we know they genuinely are a couple, not a single man. So it's something we use (if not verified by meets) to judge whether people are real. Ok, so plenty of people are happy to chat to or meet people who aren't photo verified, but what difference would it make to you guys if the site made it a rule to be photo verified? Would it put you off? "

I'm not wanting 2 meet men.

Photo veri is great for couples and single females who haven't yet met to prove they are genuine. That's what site says. So the way I read that is even if single guys do it there really isn't any point as it doesn't prove genuine. As for me never needed it so won't do it.

"Photo veri is great for couples and single females who haven't yet met to prove they are genuine. That's what site says. So the way I read that is even if single guys do it there really isn't any point as it doesn't prove genuine. As for me never needed it so won't do it. "

By *ummy mummyWoman  over a year ago

southampton-ish

"

But why would it put them off especially seeing as how it doesn't even as you said have to be a face pic ?

Because I imagine it would put a lot of time-wasters off, being a 'hassle' etc (even though its not)

I don't think anyone genuine would be put off by photo verifying themselves, and although as you say, people could still be fakes, it would surely a few of them out?"

how is being photo verified going to stop someone being a timewaster? Have come across many over the years who are constantly starting new profiles but still get their photo verified...

"Photo veri is great for couples and single females who haven't yet met to prove they are genuine. That's what site says. So the way I read that is even if single guys do it there really isn't any point as it doesn't prove genuine. As for me never needed it so won't do it. "

Yeah, I agree that men don't really 'need' it as I'm not sure anyone would pretend to be a single bloke. It's definitely more favourable for couples & single fems. IF you're lucky enough to talk to someone genuine early on & hence then get verified in person early on then maybe you don't need it. Basically I'm just wondering whether people think it would be helpful if the site made it so that people have to be? It doesn't do any harm, basically proves (hopefully) that you are real & genuine.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

all photo verification shows me is that you managed to put a sign in front of a webcam....

if photo verification can do any of the following I will gladly do it... until then.. nah

from the photo can you tell if....

someone is the height they say they are

someone is the age they say they are

someone is the sexuality they say they are....

someone is in fact.... a prize arse

if someone is going to turn up... if someone is a timewaster

and away ya go...

" how is being photo verified going to stop someone being a timewaster? Have come across many over the years who are constantly starting new profiles but still get their photo verified..."

It won't stop ALL time-wasters but may deter a fair few, and wouldn't put off anyone genuine.

I'm not sure anyone has actually understood what I meant by my post.

Anyone who uses verifications of any sort in isolation, photo or site, to guide them in meeting someone is heading for trouble.

Views and opinions as a whole in chat, messaging, socials, cam, telephone are what matters.

PV or not doesn't make me any more or less genuine - thats my character and what people judge over getting to know me and its the same for anyone...

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"someone is in fact.... a prize arse"

Indeed. It doesn't stop me from meeting.

I only got photo verified so I could have the full set of user flags.

" how is being photo verified going to stop someone being a timewaster? Have come across many over the years who are constantly starting new profiles but still get their photo verified...

It won't stop ALL time-wasters but may deter a fair few, and wouldn't put off anyone genuine.

I'm not sure anyone has actually understood what I meant by my post."

But I understand the sentiment you posted...but my view is there are other reasons why you would not do it....It is the internet....nothing is 100% private....

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

I only got photo verified so I could have the full set of user flags. "

Once you post a picture of your face onto the net its not safe, simple its in the system you may delete it of your profile but your pic is still out there.

Doesn't stop us but can see why people don't wish too

" But I understand the sentiment you posted...but my view is there are other reasons why you would not do it....It is the internet....nothing is 100% private...."

No it's not 100% private, but there are people who aren't photo verified but have a face pic on their profile, which doesn't make sense to me? Plus, you can use a full body naked shot to photo verify, so people who have naked pics etc (nearly everyone) shouldn't have a problem with it either??

Sorry? Did someone just say you don't have to have your face in the verification pic??

Never knew that... what is the actual point then??

"Sorry? Did someone just say you don't have to have your face in the verification pic??

Never knew that... what is the actual point then?? "

No you can have a naked full body pic holding the piece of paper with the same info on to be pv'd aswell

"Sorry? Did someone just say you don't have to have your face in the verification pic??

The point is to prove you are a single male/single fem/couple etc as you say you are. It proves you are talking to a couple/fem and not a lonely single bloke, so obviously it works best for them as they are the most faked profiles. BUT WHY not make it a rule?? There are reasons 'for' being verified but if you are a genuine person there's no valid reason not to be?!

None at all IMO, as you could have anyone holding your name on the pic. In which case its not a foolproof way of confirming your identity.

Anyone who has not verified themselves by purely taking a photo with a piece of paper is not getting in our bed... full stop !!!

Oh... lol

I always thought it was to prove you are the same person as the rest of your pictures!

Live and learn...

"Anyone who has not verified themselves by purely taking a photo with a piece of paper is not getting in our bed... full stop !!!"

That is our tale on it too!' Total laziness in our opinion

Never knew that... what is the actual point then??

None at all IMO, as you could have anyone holding your name on the pic. In which case its not a foolproof way of confirming your identity."

Nothing is going to be fool proof but I can't see anyone getting naked and holding a bit of paper with fabswingers on for there mate to use it as a pv pic though

I was look at the meet in person verfications and who has made them as a guide to someone being real.

If I joined the site now I would not bother getting photo verified.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

We like the fct there is a choice

We also use our own instinct when speaking to people.

By *easing_twoCouple  over a year ago

Bristol, Thornbury

[Removed by poster at 16/05/13 21:04:42]

By *easing_twoCouple  over a year ago

Bristol, Thornbury

its a fantastic idea it would stop/limit time wasters and fakers

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

For everyone who wants this... Block non verifieds using filters:

http://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters

That way, for you, the site works as you want.

We'll never make it compulsory because we believe in offering choices for people.

Admin x

"For everyone who wants this... Block non verifieds using filters:

We'll never make it compulsory because we believe in offering choices for people.

Admin x"

thank you

"its a fantastic idea it would stop/limit time wasters and fakers"

"For everyone who wants this... Block non verifieds using filters:

Admin x"

Thanks admin, we do use the message filters for that reason. We just think it should be compulsory because in our eyes if you're a genuine person & use the site for the reasons it's intended for then it shouldn't be a problem whatsoever to verify yourselves x

"its a fantastic idea it would stop/limit time wasters and fakers"

It would stop fakers. It would not stop timewasters.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I have never been photo verified, when I started on Fab I went in chat and after a few weeks of getting to know people in there, some were kind enough to verify me on cam.

I then had a few meets and got personal veris from those people, so now i see little point in getting photo verified.

If i had to I suppose i would, but surely a few meet veris say more than a pic which you could fake using a photomanipulation program ...

"I have never been photo verified, when I started on Fab I went in chat and after a few weeks of getting to know people in there, some were kind enough to verify me on cam.

I then had a few meets and got personal veris from those people, so now i see little point in getting photo verified.

If i had to I suppose i would, but surely a few meet veris say more than a pic which you could fake using a photomanipulation program ... "

Ofcourse meet veri's say a lot more than a pic veri & prove you really are genuine but we are talking about new users here. I mean that when you first come on the site, before you are able to message we think you should have to be pic veri'd to at least prove you are a fem/male/tv/couple etc. yes, photos can be photo-shopped but not easily & as you'll see above the site will reject any photos they deem to not be real or acceptable. It won't get rid of 100% of all fakes but it would help get rid of/deter a fair few of them, leaving the majority of the site to the genuine people who really do want meets etc.

"I have never been photo verified, when I started on Fab I went in chat and after a few weeks of getting to know people in there, some were kind enough to verify me on cam.

If i had to I suppose i would, but surely a few meet veris say more than a pic which you could fake using a photomanipulation program ...

Ofcourse meet veri's say a lot more than a pic veri & prove you really are genuine but we are talking about new users here. I mean that when you first come on the site, before you are able to message we think you should have to be pic veri'd to at least prove you are a fem/male/tv/couple etc. yes, photos can be photo-shopped but not easily & as you'll see above the site will reject any photos they deem to not be real or acceptable. It won't get rid of 100% of all fakes but it would help get rid of/deter a fair few of them, leaving the majority of the site to the genuine people who really do want meets etc."

But as admin have already pointed out all you need to do is put your filters in place then you can use the site the best way for you

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

but went everyone is leaning on every single tool the site has like some sort of crutch... what ever happened to some basic common sense????

I wouldn't lean on one thing anymore than any other... be that written, photo, socials, clubs ect ect ect....

it just feels as if some are so desperate to meet that the common sense they were born with and would use in any other facet of life suddenly disappears in search of leg over...

I'm not photo verified and an neither a time waster or a fake. My verifications confirm that

"but went everyone is leaning on every single tool the site has like some sort of crutch... what ever happened to some basic common sense????

I wouldn't lean on one thing anymore than any other... be that written, photo, socials, clubs ect ect ect....

it just feels as if some are so desperate to meet that the common sense they were born with and would use in any other facet of life suddenly disappears in search of leg over..."

I dont see it as leaning on it as a crutch I see it as an aid to me getting what I want without having to go through lots of what I don't want. I use that aid with a huge amount of common

"but went everyone is leaning on every single tool the site has like some sort of crutch... what ever happened to some basic common sense????

it just feels as if some are so desperate to meet that the common sense they were born with and would use in any other facet of life suddenly disappears in search of leg over..."

The site tools are useful and I make the most of them. But when they become compulsory I think there will be problems. There are better ways to filter out fakes than use a tool that has been admitted has questionable usefulness.

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

"Do any other 'fabbers' think you should be unable to message people until you are photo verified?! After all, the pic is completely private & takes 2 mins to do so surely the only reason to NOT be is if you're a time-waster or fake?? We've had messages from people who have been on the site for a couple of days & have obviously signed up for the sole purpose of winding genuine people up. I know you can set the message filter, but personally I think it should be a rule anyway. Obviously it won't stop ALL fakes & time-wasters, wind up merchants etc but it might deter some of them? What are your views??"
I'm not photo verified and probably won't be but that doesn't make me a fake.

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

We don't meet singles very often, mostly couples. So from our point of view we are sick of talking to couples who turn out to be a single bloke trying to get kicks. If they are photo verified we know they genuinely are a couple, not a single man. So it's something we use (if not verified by meets) to judge whether people are real. Ok, so plenty of people are happy to chat to or meet people who aren't photo verified, but what difference would it make to you guys if the site made it a rule to be photo verified? Would it put you off? "

what if the couple had split up? It could still be the guy using a couples profile

For the umpteenth time I will say......

Not ALL people who aren't photo verified are fakes!!! BUT photo verification HELPS to out a few. If it was compulsory to be photo verified before being able to message other fabbers (excluding people already meet veri'd!!) then I personally think the majority of fakes wouldn't bother, and more genuine people would be taken seriously. I have never once said that everyone who isn't verified is a fake!! What difference would it make to you if you had to be photo verified to message anyone?? None at all because you are genuine!!!

We don't meet singles very often, mostly couples. So from our point of view we are sick of talking to couples who turn out to be a single bloke trying to get kicks. If they are photo verified we know they genuinely are a couple, not a single man. So it's something we use (if not verified by meets) to judge whether people are real. Ok, so plenty of people are happy to chat to or meet people who aren't photo verified, but what difference would it make to you guys if the site made it a rule to be photo verified? Would it put you off? what if the couple had split up? It could still be the guy using a couples profile"

Yes it could be but like I said earlier nothing is fool proof but surely every little bit helps

give in ....... leave em to it to "justify themselves" for not doing it.

they are only narrowing down thier own chances.

ffs its a photo that no one see's with your name written on a bit of paper........ and thats too difficult to do??

Yeah im feeling this idea.

"For the umpteenth time I will say......

Not ALL people who aren't photo verified are fakes!!! BUT photo verification HELPS to out a few.!"

There's your answer, a lot of inconvenience to the site to out a FEW

You have filters - use them

As to photo verification , no way am I doing it. I don't put face pictures of myself online and I find the idea of the full body nude shot sent to who knows who far too intrusive.

I'm verified by meets. My character and personality is confirmed by others. That's all the verification I need

there are people who have been using the site for years, as suggested by one of my lovely friends above.The fakes and timewasters are only a problem for those that dont suss them out well in the first place.There are several tools to use as well as some decent gumption.

personally i find it rather difficult to believe that many people can set up meets with 'fakes' and of course..I think almost everyone has the wrong idea of what a timewaster is

face verification just might not suit people..and there are thousands of successfully well verified people who have and never will do it

Not ALL people who aren't photo verified are fakes!!! BUT photo verification HELPS to out a few. If it was compulsory to be photo verified before being able to message other fabbers (excluding people already meet veri'd!!) then I personally think the majority of fakes wouldn't bother, and more genuine people would be taken seriously. I have never once said that everyone who isn't verified is a fake!! What difference would it make to you if you had to be photo verified to message anyone?? None at all because you are genuine!!!"

and how would they have mailed people if they were new and of course genuine??????????????????????????????-plenty of new people join fab and end up getting good amounts of meets..

I pays my money and takes my chance lol and i aint photo verified, am verified tho lol xxx all good fun innit

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"give in ....... leave em to it to "justify themselves" for not doing it.

they are only narrowing down thier own chances.

ffs its a photo that no one see's with your name written on a bit of paper........ and thats too difficult to do?? "

Exactly... If its not too difficult to do then it won't deter anyone that's a fake! You could bodge that easily with any half decent photoshop type programme now.

"If you don't need your face in photo verification then you could still be fake I'm not photo verified don't intend to be but got verified in person quite quickly "

Yeah but if you don't show your face you Need to show your body ie show your bits as there are a lot of boys/men who pretend to be couples or females. But it is personal choice after all if your having success on the site you don't have to be verified lol

It's not just about sussing people out who make plans to meet and never show it's to reduce the amount of idiots that come on and send messages like the ones we received yesterday. They were from a single male profile which was meant to be about 15 mile away from us and the message was just full of abuse telling us he is busy putting all of our pics on fb. Are these sort of people going to bother getting pv'd. No I don't think they are. There is no real reason why being pv'd won't work for someone.

Not ALL people who aren't photo verified are fakes!!! BUT photo verification HELPS to out a few.!

There's your answer, a lot of inconvenience to the site to out a FEW

You have filters - use them

As to photo verification , no way am I doing it. I don't put face pictures of myself online and I find the idea of the full body nude shot sent to who knows who far too intrusive.

I'm verified by meets. My character and personality is confirmed by others. That's all the verification I need

"

The site seems as though it isn't bothered about all the fakes joining up. Maybe they like to have 1000's of extra profiles on the site that aren't real.

We do use some of the filters as I have already said earlier

"It's not just about sussing people out who make plans to meet and never show it's to reduce the amount of idiots that come on and send messages like the ones we received yesterday. They were from a single male profile which was meant to be about 15 mile away from us and the message was just full of abuse telling us he is busy putting all of our pics on fb. Are these sort of people going to bother getting pv'd. No I don't think they are. There is no real reason why being pv'd won't work for someone. "

An exactly how is having a picture of the single guy whether it be a face or body pic going to stop someone from sending abusive messages? If you had said having a pic would have proved it was a single f or indeed a couple I could have understood but to say it would have stopped someone sending a message , nah doesn't wash.

"It's not just about sussing people out who make plans to meet and never show it's to reduce the amount of idiots that come on and send messages like the ones we received yesterday. They were from a single male profile which was meant to be about 15 mile away from us and the message was just full of abuse telling us he is busy putting all of our pics on fb. Are these sort of people going to bother getting pv'd. No I don't think they are. There is no real reason why being pv'd won't work for someone.

An exactly how is having a picture of the single guy whether it be a face or body pic going to stop someone from sending abusive messages? If you had said having a pic would have proved it was a single f or indeed a couple I could have understood but to say it would have stopped someone sending a message , nah doesn't wash. "

Do you really think that all these idiots that join up are going to bother getting pv'd. Of course they won't. So they then wouldn't be able to send messages would they. Like the suggestion says in the op. so far there hasn't been one reason mentioned by anyone that I think is valid why they are against being pv.

Photo verification actually proves nothing. We did it to start with, thinking it did. It doesn't, and we don't actually believe in it.

If you can be verified without a face pic how is that showing you are real?

Easy to fake too - just ask someone to pose with some written paper, or a bit of pic editing - not hard at all - again how is that showing you are real?

A lot of photo mods dont check the pics as they are and let ones through which break the rules, goes to show "some" dont look properly.

Idea is good - but in reality it means nothing. Use your common sense and bullshit radar.

No site (that we are members of anyway) expect you to jump through on-fire hoops to be able to message - they would just lose business. Even a worldwide pay site we are members of are failing in the UK because they charge $20-35/month (they still have fakes) and hardly anyone is on there now except for lifetime members.

"It's not just about sussing people out who make plans to meet and never show it's to reduce the amount of idiots that come on and send messages like the ones we received yesterday. They were from a single male profile which was meant to be about 15 mile away from us and the message was just full of abuse telling us he is busy putting all of our pics on fb. Are these sort of people going to bother getting pv'd. No I don't think they are. There is no real reason why being pv'd won't work for someone.

An exactly how is having a picture of the single guy whether it be a face or body pic going to stop someone from sending abusive messages? If you had said having a pic would have proved it was a single f or indeed a couple I could have understood but to say it would have stopped someone sending a message , nah doesn't wash.

Do you really think that all these idiots that join up are going to bother getting pv'd. Of course they won't. So they then wouldn't be able to send messages would they. Like the suggestion says in the op. so far there hasn't been one reason mentioned by anyone that I think is valid why they are against being pv. "

You tell me one good reason why said idiot wouldn't bother getting pic verified because as you said it takes seconds and is really is idiot proof. If someone has a mind to be an idiot something as easy and simple to do isn't going to put them off. Now I don't even know why I am bothering to answer any more, you have had your answer from admin it's not going to change. Have a good day.

Do you really think that all these idiots that join up are going to bother getting pv'd. Of course they won't. So they then wouldn't be able to send messages would they. Like the suggestion says in the op. so far there hasn't been one reason mentioned by anyone that I think is valid why they are against being pv.

You tell me one good reason why said idiot wouldn't bother getting pic verified because as you said it takes seconds and is really is idiot proof. If someone has a mind to be an idiot something as easy and simple to do isn't going to put them off. Now I don't even know why I am bothering to answer any more, you have had your answer from admin it's not going to change. Have a good day. "

No one is making you answer. I think you need to go back to bed and try getting up out of the right side to be honest

You tell me one good reason why said idiot wouldn't bother getting pic verified because as you said it takes seconds and is really is idiot proof. If someone has a mind to be an idiot something as easy and simple to do isn't going to put them off. Now I don't even know why I am bothering to answer any more, you have had your answer from admin it's not going to change. Have a good day.

No one is making you answer. I think you need to go back to bed and try getting up out of the right side to be honest"

I would but I haven't even got up yet so I can't

By *atelotmanMan  over a year ago

Chatham

I have lost count of how may times I have tried to get photo verified, only to keep being told,file upload is over 250kb.Seem daft as site has expected the photo in the normal way.So I send the photo when I contact people and have been luck to have had meetings so have been verified in that way.

No one is making you answer. I think you need to go back to bed and try getting up out of the right side to be honest

I would but I haven't even got up yet so I can't "

Oh and that's not an answer to my question either.

Oh and that's not an answer to my question either. "

Because the more hurdles they have to jump over the less likely they are to carry on with it. Simple really. Have a good day

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

As admin said, the facility is already there so why re-invent the wheel?

Oh and that's not an answer to my question either.

Because the more hurdles they have to jump over the less likely they are to carry on with it. Simple really. Have a good day"

We could go round in circles here so best to just agree to disagree.

By *ikkiBWoman  over a year ago

Falkirk

Wouldn't deter them so would be totally pointless. I actually know of 2 current profiles who are both pv'd and fake, all they do is find someone from another website who has made a veri pic public and copy the details, then once they have that on the profile they can upload any pic and people will think its real.

Plus doesn't make them any less a timewaster. I've seen them buy gold site supporter status, so if they are willing to spend money to be fake a wee flag on a profile will do nothing

No verification system will be fool proof. The one fab isn't by a long way since its very easy to fool. I never go by verifications or PV'd and instead go by my own judgement. So would be a total waste of time making things mandatory, would just encourage more fakes to get false verifyed and in turn make it harder to spot them

"It's not just about sussing people out who make plans to meet and never show it's to reduce the amount of idiots that come on and send messages like the ones we received yesterday. They were from a single male profile which was meant to be about 15 mile away from us and the message was just full of abuse telling us he is busy putting all of our pics on fb. Are these sort of people going to bother getting pv'd. No I don't think they are. There is no real reason why being pv'd won't work for someone. "

I opened my mail box today to a random act of abuse from someone I've never had any dealings with in the forums chat or mail. He's verified by picture and in person

Funniest bit about it is all four verifications mention him being a polite and charming gentleman. I might have to forward to them the abusive mail he sent me

End of the day nothing proves anything about anyone. You come online to a site like this and you take your chance

Don't ever expect anyone else to look out for you you have to do it yourself

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

PV proves nothing, especially as you don't need to have your face visible, and can be faked.

Multiple verifs of the "meet in person" type are impossible to fake easily, and anyone willing to go to the trouble of doing so in a way that's very hard to prove is bordering on mentally ill and will probably find a way around any security format.