FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Latest forums posts on profiles

Latest forums posts on profiles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There is another site similar to this one, which i wont mention (uses the same website system) and I love the fact you can see the latest forum posts on their profile. It also makes the forums far busier as people are drawn into them and gives a much greater idea of what they are like as people.

I cant really see a negative to it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Apparently there is only something like 1% of Fabs use forums as this or something similar has been asked before, and it wasnt seen as worth doing.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

to find out what other post what on the forums click on the the link for your own recent posts then change the username to someone you want to check on..

ta dah!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks guys, on the other sites that are like this one, the forums are very busy, probably because there are links from profiles?

"Thanks guys, on the other sites that are like this one, the forums are very busy, probably because there are links from profiles?"
you may have a point there.

"Thanks guys, on the other sites that are like this one, the forums are very busy, probably because there are links from profiles? you may have a point there."

It's been asked before and the same point made! No response as yet!

I don't think forum posts should appear ON profiles. But I agree, it would be handy to be able to jump quickly from a profile to their forum posts, by including the little green arrow on profiles (like the one after our names in the forum post).

However, I think Admin have said in the past that only 1% of Fabsters actively post in the Forums, so it's probably not high on Admin's list of priorities.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

It is a while back but Admin answer on this one.

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/feedback/78330

So few people use the forums (yesterday, 0.69% of users posted to the forum) that we weren't sure how useful this is.

Is also adds an extra query for each profile page load and the less we do on each profile, the better.

This is why it hasn't happened yet.

Admin x

"Thanks guys, on the other sites that are like this one, the forums are very busy, probably because there are links from profiles? you may have a point there."

there is already a big FORUM link on the top of each page..

why would putting other peoples forum posting links increase forum usage, if 99% of people dont use it already?

» Add a new message to this topic