FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Verified by Webcam

Verified by Webcam

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Quick question to admin!

As the FAQ's and site rules now state that single guys cannot be verified by webcam and must be verified by meet in person - why is it still possible for webcam veri's to appear on male profiles.

And i'm not talking about historical ones - but brand new shiny veri's dated yesterday on a profile previously unverified that now has both a webcam veri and that little green tick!

Confused slightly!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ucy and CarlCouple  over a year ago

Broadstairs

A Web cam verification for either male female or couple is a waste of time in my opinion. It proves nothing only that people they are on cam. It gives no indication to how genuine they are. The only true verification would be a meeting in person. X

"A Web cam verification for either male female or couple is a waste of time in my opinion. It proves nothing only that people they are on cam. It gives no indication to how genuine they are. The only true verification would be a meeting in person. X"

Opinions will always vary on this (although I totally agree with you!) - it was more of a 'technical' question as the rules state one thing and the fact is it doesn't appear to be the case!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

is that a rule??

Learn something new every day

I varied a guy on cam the other day - only to the extent that he looked the same as his photos

"Quick question to admin!

As the FAQ's and site rules now state that single guys cannot be verified by webcam and must be verified by meet in person - why is it still possible for webcam veri's to appear on male profiles.

And i'm not talking about historical ones - but brand new shiny veri's dated yesterday on a profile previously unverified that now has both a webcam veri and that little green tick!

Confused slightly! "

i didnt know that I have verified bywebacm in chat room only to say I can see they are male and human lol if it is against the rules why hasnt ADMIN blocked that ability

Confused slightly! "

Cant see where it says this as not in FAQ's or verification rules page.

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I think.. (and havent actually looked for a while) in the FAQ's about 2 non verifieds meeting and how to get verified it says something like "the easiest way is for the female or couple to go on webcam and get verified". I dont think theres actually anything saying that males cant be webcam verified.... just possibly more people would check a fem or cpls cam and verify them.

Personally I wouldnt verify anyone by cam nor would I take any notice of webcam veris

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Sorry... Just checked and I'm wrong... It does say "if you're a couple or a woman you can get verified by webcam or phone" although this could be out of date with the mention of phone veris

Confused slightly!

Cant see where it says this as not in FAQ's or verification rules page."

found it.. (finally)

How do I get verified by other members?

You need to find someone who is already verified and ask them to verify you. If you are a couple or a woman then you can get verified by webcam or phone. An easy way to do this is to go into the chatroom while you are both there, switch your webcam on and ask someone to verify you. If you are a single guy then you need to meet someone.

Confused slightly! "

Well if it's their first one and they haven't been verified before, then really you should report the profile to admin.

sill if there is no actual block in place to prevent this if that is the case.

Have never seen the logic for webcam verifications for single males anyway - it's unlikely to be a single bi-female pretending is it?

I can see why some value them for females and couples though personally I don;t see any reason for a any other verification other than met in person.

Confused slightly!

Well if it's their first one and they haven't been verified before, then really you should report the profile to admin.

sill if there is no actual block in place to prevent this if that is the case."

That's what confused me!

I've seen the mods quoting the rules in recent threads when asked by new or unverified single males - and I recall its a fairly recent rule change.

But it does appear that it's still perfectly possible for it to happen - which makes me think admin have either backtracked and are still allowing it or that the systems haven't been updated (as they were when phone veri's were axed!) and that it's a site problem!

Would be handy for users to know which is the true case!!

Confused slightly!

sill if there is no actual block in place to prevent this if that is the case.

That's what confused me!

I've seen the mods quoting the rules in recent threads when asked by new or unverified single males - and I recall its a fairly recent rule change.

But it does appear that it's still perfectly possible for it to happen - which makes me think admin have either backtracked and are still allowing it or that the systems haven't been updated (as they were when phone veri's were axed!) and that it's a site problem!

Would be handy for users to know which is the true case!! "

If admin have put no actual block in place, then the onus is on them to enforce their own rules.

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

"Have never seen the logic for webcam verifications for single males anyway - it's unlikely to be a single bi-female pretending is it?

I can see why some value them for females and couples though personally I don;t see any reason for a any other verification other than met in person."

IMHO - verifications by webcam are a waste of time. This option should be deprecated similar to phone verifications (and why are they still on the list in any case).

"A Web cam verification for either male female or couple is a waste of time in my opinion. It proves nothing only that people they are on cam. It gives no indication to how genuine they are. The only true verification would be a meeting in person. X"

yes I have been after a meet with a single guy who only has webcam verifs and he wont set a date for meeting so guess hes a time waster lol

Thanks for moving this from site help to feedback!

Any chance of an update from admin?

Thanks!

By *igSuki81Man  over a year ago

Retirement Village

This may not be the right topic for this but i've read one veri where the person verifying said

"... i've met ????? many times in my dreams..."

& that was a veri in person

So i agree webcam veri's aren't worth much but even more i wish people would only veri in person when they have met in person

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

This may not be the right topic for this but i've read one veri where the person verifying said

"

That should have been reported to Admin

By *r lushMan  over a year ago

surrounding areas come join me

It's easy to strip in front of a cam but meeting funny enough people freeze mm mm

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Thought it was just the phone one thy did away with???

Retirement Village

"

That should have been reported to Admin "

I didn't report to admin cause -

1. I didn't realise i could

2. Technically the F hasn't broke the rules, the verifying M sort of did so wasn't sure if that counted &

3. The veri isnt displayed anymore so i cant back up my story.

Think about this thread, would it n9t be possible for people to meet socially, get thier veri and not actually play

Just a thought popped into my tiny brain that meeting someone doesnt necessarily mean they played together

"

Think about this thread, would it n9t be possible for people to meet socially, get thier veri and not actually play

Just a thought popped into my tiny brain that meeting someone doesnt necessarily mean they played together "

Its not about playing, its about actually meeting when you say you will...

You are verifying that they are real and do actually meet....

By *livia_KWoman  over a year ago

South London

Is it possible that this particular single male has a met in person veri prior to the webcam veri, but just isn't showing it on their profile?

Technically, could this scenario happen?

"Is it possible that this particular single male has a met in person veri prior to the webcam veri, but just isn't showing it on their profile?

Technically, could this scenario happen?"

It could...

But id be asking myself why show cam veri but not actual meet??

By *livia_KWoman  over a year ago

South London

"Is it possible that this particular single male has a met in person veri prior to the webcam veri, but just isn't showing it on their profile?

It could...

But id be asking myself why show cam veri but not actual meet??"

Simply an oversight? Or the guy wasn't so keen on the person they met? Who knows. I was just wondering.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

It could...

But id be asking myself why show cam veri but not actual meet??"

If the person who gave the meet veri left you wouldn't be able to show it.

Some women will not meet guys unless they are verified. How are we ever supposed to get meets if we are unverified? It's difficult for a single guy to even get a reply, let alone a meet.

I think the webcam verification is good, even if just to prove it is a real person who looks like they do in the photos.

Some people do not meet at all, and will only play on cam. Does this mean they should not be verified and not considered genuine?

It could...

If the person who gave the meet veri left you wouldn't be able to show it. "

The case I was quoting is actually documented in a thread from the last few days - there was no meet in person, as stated by the OP in the thread. An offer was made to verify by webcam - and a mod even quoted the rule stating guys must meet in person.

Within hours the OP was verified by cam and the little green tick was there!

Just seems contradictory that the site rules quote something that isn't in fact true. And the FAQs for some reason have gone back to mentioning phone veri's for women/couples even though they're long gone!

FYI

http://fabswingers.com/forum/support/178945

Here's the thread - just checked through and Jez quotes the FAQs - yet the veri is there!!

Any ideas admin?

Just checked the FAQ and it does say men can't be verified by cam.....

Is this maybe been changed and never updated? As it still says phone verification....and we know that option has gone...

"

Some people do not meet at all, and will only play on cam. Does this mean they should not be verified and not considered genuine?"

People look for the green tick when arranging meets...

IF they only wanting to cam then its not important!

I agree that verification tick should only be given on an actual MEET!

Why is it that only men cannot be verified on webcam believe it or plenty females and couples on here are not always genuine.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

FAQ is still as written in 2006 before we ran the site.

Way it works is as it always has been.

Yes, there is an inconsistency here!

We made it slightly better by removing phone verification for all.

This (verified by cam etc.) is partly the reason why we introduced facility to search for those with meets. Personally, we would be inclined to remove ability to verify males via webcam but it would rightly be met be outrage - why one rule for one account type than another.

Admin x

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

One thought that has been voiced before is to have different icon for those with meets than those without. Could be as simple as lightgreen no meets, darkgreen with meets.

Feedback welcome

Admin x

"FAQ is still as written in 2006 before we ran the site.

This (verified by cam etc.) is partly the reason why we introduced facility to search for those with meets. Personally, we would be inclined to remove ability to verify males via webcam but it would rightly be met be outrage - why one rule for one account type than another.

Admin x"

Yes i agree males are not pariahs and should be treated same as females and couples so if removing right of verifying om webcam it has to be for everyone.

Admin x"

Would it not make sense to remove webcam veri's altogether?

My logic for this is as follows:

Those looking for physical, face to face encounters are more concerned with seeing meet in person veri's - as this is evidence that someone physically turned up for a meet, rather than that they just own a webcam that was once switched on in chat. No guarantee that it ensures someone will subsequently turn up - but proof that they have at some point.

A webcam veri shows what? That someone is happy to sit in front of a screen? There's no guarantee that faces (rather than just below the neck) were shown and the anecdotal evidence of suspicions of fake vids being shown is widespread.

If people purely wish to interact on cam - that's their choice - but if someone wishes to see if someone broadcasting on cam is real - just head into chat and view them! It's that simple! Does a webcam veri serve any purpose if someone pops in once for 30 seconds to prove they have a head, arms and legs?

Even in this day and age (apparently!) some people don't have cams on laptops or will buy a plug in webcam. Their choice of course - but many therefore utilise the ability to actually meet as a way of proving themselves genuine!

A simple, one category verification system - meet in person only - would give a clear indication that another site member has met and seen that person in reality - be that on a play meet, at a social or via club attendance.

As I've previously mentioned - it's a site members prerogative if they choose to use the site just for chat rooms, forums or any other activity not involving actual physical contact. But if that's the case - do they need to be verified? What does a little green tick add to a profile just interested in camming or posting on the forums?

As for removing the cam veri option for single males only - this is an odd argument! I'm pretty sure there are a few guilty of posting out of date or unclear pics (and many 'borrowing' pics from the net as I've found and reported recently). But I'm also pretty sure there are more fake female and couples profiles out there and the number of single male profiles in fact set up by females and couples would be a minute percentage. So logic would argue it is the females and couples who would have the cam option withdrawn. That said - in the interests of equality - if it's removed for one group it should be removed for all!

People should always be responsible for their own interactions - but given the huge number of 'timewaster' and 'fake' forum threads, status updates and comments in profiles - would a meet in person only verification system not go a long way to reducing the negativity seen by many?

Just my thoughts!!

Admin x

Would it not make sense to remove webcam veri's altogether?

My logic for this is as follows:

Those looking for physical, face to face encounters are more concerned with seeing meet in person veri's - as this is evidence that someone physically turned up for a meet, rather than that they just own a webcam that was once switched on in chat. No guarantee that it ensures someone will subsequently turn up - but proof that they have at some point.

A webcam veri shows what? That someone is happy to sit in front of a screen? There's no guarantee that faces (rather than just below the neck) were shown and the anecdotal evidence of suspicions of fake vids being shown is widespread.

If people purely wish to interact on cam - that's their choice - but if someone wishes to see if someone broadcasting on cam is real - just head into chat and view them! It's that simple! Does a webcam veri serve any purpose if someone pops in once for 30 seconds to prove they have a head, arms and legs?

Even in this day and age (apparently!) some people don't have cams on laptops or will buy a plug in webcam. Their choice of course - but many therefore utilise the ability to actually meet as a way of proving themselves genuine!

A simple, one category verification system - meet in person only - would give a clear indication that another site member has met and seen that person in reality - be that on a play meet, at a social or via club attendance.

As I've previously mentioned - it's a site members prerogative if they choose to use the site just for chat rooms, forums or any other activity not involving actual physical contact. But if that's the case - do they need to be verified? What does a little green tick add to a profile just interested in camming or posting on the forums?

As for removing the cam veri option for single males only - this is an odd argument! I'm pretty sure there are a few guilty of posting out of date or unclear pics (and many 'borrowing' pics from the net as I've found and reported recently). But I'm also pretty sure there are more fake female and couples profiles out there and the number of single male profiles in fact set up by females and couples would be a minute percentage. So logic would argue it is the females and couples who would have the cam option withdrawn. That said - in the interests of equality - if it's removed for one group it should be removed for all!

People should always be responsible for their own interactions - but given the huge number of 'timewaster' and 'fake' forum threads, status updates and comments in profiles - would a meet in person only verification system not go a long way to reducing the negativity seen by many?

Just my thoughts!! "

Very well put fella

"One thought that has been voiced before is to have different icon for those with meets than those without. Could be as simple as lightgreen no meets, darkgreen with meets.

Feedback welcome

Admin x"

We would like to see this please admin x

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"One thought that has been voiced before is to have different icon for those with meets than those without. Could be as simple as lightgreen no meets, darkgreen with meets.

Feedback welcome

Admin x"

Feedback welcome

Admin x"

I don not hold any water in cam veri's, so ask to see them. If I could see at a glance which sort of veri they had stashed that would be good

By *z ThongzWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

The option to verify by phone is no longer available but the webcam verification thing isnt really worth anything , just proves the person is on cam and looks like pics or is male or female .

Webcam veris are very prolific on some profiles who have been here a very long time and yet they dont have any meet in person veris , i hastened to add this is usually females, makes me think they are only on here to exercise their exhibitionist side instead of actually wanting to meet for the purpose of swinging , although i do appreciate everyone uses the site in different ways.

In conclusion i also think that the webcam verification should be removed and the only verification would be that u met in person and u are genuine.

I don't agree with the removal of webcam veries,if the only reason to remove them is because its not an actual meet them why are cam rooms such a massive part of this site?

If there is a worry it makes people less genuine for example you only see the top half of a person and not much else then you may as well ban everysingle pic thats uploaded on this site incase they're not a true representation

Having meet verifications does not guarantee that the person will meet you either or that they're real as demonstrated in a thread on here the other day where the person with a meet verification was clearly fake and soon removed

As always it seems people want spoonfeeding with regards to ensuring that people are going to be all they seem when if you trust your instincts then thats the best tool you have for sorting out genuine from not so genuine

I like the idea of different colour ticks to show web veri from meet veris,it will keep people happy from both sides of the camp

"I don't agree with the removal of webcam veries,if the only reason to remove them is because its not an actual meet them why are cam rooms such a massive part of this site?

If there is a worry it makes people less genuine for example you only see the top half of a person and not much else then you may as well ban everysingle pic thats uploaded on this site incase they're not a true representation

Having meet verifications does not guarantee that the person will meet you either or that they're real as demonstrated in a thread on here the other day where the person with a meet verification was clearly fake and soon removed

As always it seems people want spoonfeeding with regards to ensuring that people are going to be all they seem when if you trust your instincts then thats the best tool you have for sorting out genuine from not so genuine

I like the idea of different colour ticks to show web veri from meet veris,it will keep people happy from both sides of the camp "

I - and I'd suspect many others - certainly don't need spoonfeeding!

And I've already stated that chat rooms and camming are as much a part of the site for some as actual meets are for others.

But if people want to chat/cam - surely the fact a cam is switched on and they are able to view it is enough? What does a cam veri add to a profile?

I've yet to see a meet post asking for a 'hot date in directing room no.4 - check my veri's to see I'm real' !!

As far as I've seen - people just pop in and out as and when they like and switch on their cams when in the mood!

If you need a veri option for more than actual meets - why not reintroduce the phone ones? Or add a new category for 'Verified by text' or 'verified as I've seen their posts in the forums so they must be real as they can type' ?

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I don't agree with removing the webcam veri. It can be useful for someone who hasn't been lucky enough to get an actual meet , to prove their profile pictures are an accurate reflection.

Having something like a different colour would be useful though, for the people that want to be able to visually separate them out.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

It could...

If the person who gave the meet veri left you wouldn't be able to show it.

The case I was quoting is actually documented in a thread from the last few days

!"

I wasn only answering another persons post about what may happen on peoples profile, I didn't comment on a particular profile.

I did'nt suggest you needed spoonfeeding so don't come across as if you have taken that personally,you've been around these forums for long enough to know exactly what I mean,you only have to read some of the threads asking for advice or moaning to realise that some people in fact do need spoonfeeding

Personally ive never verified anyone by cam or recieved a cam veri,of course you,ll have to take my word for that as they're hidden,if admin goes ahead with the colour change it will make it clearer to those that don't like cam veries to pass the profiles by,but if its about making sure that the person you're planning on meeting is the same person you're seeing in pics on the profile then I think they should stay,a lot of people only cam as thats the experience they want from the site I don't think they should have the veri option taken away from them

"to prove their profile pictures are an accurate reflection.

."

And here lies the dilemma!!

If a profile has no visible pics, no face pics, no full body shots, or just pics of one half of a couple - what is actually being verified??

The rules are clear in that they say both halves of a couple must be seen and that those verifying must ensure its not in fact a video - but how do they do that, and how often do veri's state "saw him/her on cam" on couples profiles?

"I did'nt suggest you needed spoonfeeding so don't come across as if you have taken that personally,you've been around these forums for long enough to know exactly what I mean,you only have to read some of the threads asking for advice or moaning to realise that some people in fact do need spoonfeeding

Personally ive never verified anyone by cam or recieved a cam veri,of course you,ll have to take my word for that as they're hidden,if admin goes ahead with the colour change it will make it clearer to those that don't like cam veries to pass the profiles by,but if its about making sure that the person you're planning on meeting is the same person you're seeing in pics on the profile then I think they should stay,a lot of people only cam as thats the experience they want from the site I don't think they should have the veri option taken away from them"

Oops this response was to Obi....did'nt hit reply+quote

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"As I've previously mentioned - it's a site members prerogative if they choose to use the site just for chat rooms, forums or any other activity not involving actual physical contact. But if that's the case - do they need to be verified? What does a little green tick add to a profile just interested in camming or posting on the forums?

"

They need to be verified ( one part of it )to chat in chat or use the forum.

Take it away and the people who havn't been lucky to have a meet yet will be sat on the sidelines.

"As I've previously mentioned - it's a site members prerogative if they choose to use the site just for chat rooms, forums or any other activity not involving actual physical contact. But if that's the case - do they need to be verified? What does a little green tick add to a profile just interested in camming or posting on the forums?

They need to be verified ( one part of it )to chat in chat or use the forum.

Take it away and the people who havn't been lucky to have a meet yet will be sat on the sidelines."

Forums yes (but photo verification works too!!) but I've seen no end of unverified users in chat - chatted to a few myself. With no green flag or tick!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 18/06/13 11:08:12]

Forum Mod

O o O oo

( one part of it ).

I did say this in my sentance but you seemed to ignore it.

All I will say is we have a profile to use in chat if we both want to go in and we couldn't use chat until we had been verified one way or another. Lot's of people don't like to PV so a veri is another option.

Either way, you have your answer to your question from Admin.

( damn my fat fingers )

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"to prove their profile pictures are an accurate reflection.

And here lies the dilemma!!

If a profile has no visible pics, no face pics, no full body shots, or just pics of one half of a couple - what is actually being verified??

The rules are clear in that they say both halves of a couple must be seen and that those verifying must ensure its not in fact a video - but how do they do that, and how often do veri's state "saw him/her on cam" on couples profiles? "

Whatever you do it is always open to abuse. I reported someone the other day as they put up a status asking to be verified. Within 20 mins they had a meet in person veri. This was sorted by admin but I bet there are quite a few that go unnoticed.

I don't see the webcam ones affecting anyone who is not interested in them though.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I don't see the webcam ones affecting anyone who is not interested in them though. "

"

I don't see the webcam ones affecting anyone who is not interested in them though. "

This! and if the colour coded tick comes in it'll make it easier to ignore

Everyone happy and we can all carry on in our own merry swinging way

It's often quoted that less than 1% of site users use the forums.

The numbers that show on site/in chat rooms at any time usually indicate a 7-10% presence of members in chat rooms at any time.

I'd guess that would leave the other 90 odd percent as looking for real meets.

My last thought on this!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I like the idea of the colour coding

Feedback welcome

Admin x"

I agree with this....

Retirement Village

Feedback welcome

Admin x"

Hi Admin

This isn't the right place for it but if i had an idea/proposal on site changes/improvements do i message you specifically or put it in the site feedback forum to be debated by other members too?

I ask as this topic aswell as another one on veri displays has had me thinking of a possible solution that MAY encompass everyone's ideas and concerns about it

M

(i stress the word may as no solution is perfect and someone is bound to find holes in my proposal though constructive criticism is always welcome )

Forum Mod

O o O oo

You can ask here if you want or if you want a header with your suggestion on you can start another thread in the Feedback section.

Retirement Village

"You can ask here if you want or if you want a header with your suggestion on you can start another thread in the Feedback section. "

Thanking you very muchly

I'll do it when i get home as using my phone will take forever!

In the infamous words of Baldrick "I have a cunning plan"

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Retirement Village

" "

Done it but it's very long winded so if anyone is interested in reading the crap that goes on imy tiny head i've called the thread verifications

» Add a new message to this topic