FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > protecting photos

protecting photos

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've just been told by a friend that another profile is using one of my public photos. I've asked them to remove it and reported the profile but I was just wondering if there is any way of protecting photos so they can't be downloaded and reused by other people.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hyllyphyllyMan  over a year ago

Bradford

"I've just been told by a friend that another profile is using one of my public photos. I've asked them to remove it and reported the profile but I was just wondering if there is any way of protecting photos so they can't be downloaded and reused by other people."

Just stick your username and website in the middle of the photo. I've seen a few profiles that do this

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There is'nt anything you can do,ive added my username to my pics now as someone lifted and used them on their profile,at least its a prevention as once you've put a pic on the internet anyone can have it

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks. Will have a go tonight. I'm crap with computers so hope its easy to do.

Any pic can be downloaded to the users PC and then up loaded as their own with the fabswingers text cropped out.

The watermark across the middle of diagonally across the picture is a good idea and makes it harder for the faker to pass off as their own.

The poster above raises a very important point that any picture put up on the net is out of your control so thats why im pretty careful about what I upload.

The Text tool in the Paint software that comes with most PC,s should be able to do it and if you are stuck Youtube should have video tutorials on how to use some of the tools with Paint.

We watermark ours also and always have.

We use a free program called photoscape to do it.

Tony

» Add a new message to this topic