FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > sexuality in search options

sexuality in search options

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi we find it really difficult to find likeminded bi cples and single, would it be possible to add bi males/females/cples in the search option

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *otshybiguyMan  over a year ago

Leven

"Hi we find it really difficult to find likeminded bi cples and single, would it be possible to add bi males/females/cples in the search option "

WE have been campaigning for this for ages, to no avail as yet...look back through topic threads for petition for bi search option.... Admin did say they would put it on their list of "to do "things, still waiting.

perhaps the setting up of a similar site called fabguys.com was their answer to our request???? but we're not convinced that will work as the opening page gives more of suggestion of being for gay guys which any bi guy will tell you is not the same thing.

And nothing for the girls?

So we wish you luck in getting a bi search option than we did. have fun XX

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"Admin did say they would put it on their list of "to do "things, still waiting.

perhaps the setting up of a similar site called fabguys.com was their answer to our request????"

I'm not here to defend admin, they're big enough to do that themselves, just thought I'd answer your comments, this site is run by volunteers, the site is growing daily, you are correct in that admin have stated previously the bi function is something they'll get round to, I see you've been here for 3 months, that will exclude you from the time we we're experiencing nightly crashes within the chat rooms, this part of the forum was chock-a-block with complaints, admin have given the chat rooms there priority, and any regular in the new chat rooms will notice the difference, some things in life take a little longer than anticipated

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

"Admin did say they would put it on their list of "to do "things, still waiting.

perhaps the setting up of a similar site called fabguys.com was their answer to our request????

I'm not here to defend admin, they're big enough to do that themselves, just thought I'd answer your comments, this site is run by volunteers, the site is growing daily, you are correct in that admin have stated previously the bi function is something they'll get round to, I see you've been here for 3 months, that will exclude you from the time we we're experiencing nightly crashes within the chat rooms, this part of the forum was chock-a-block with complaints, admin have given the chat rooms there priority, and any regular in the new chat rooms will notice the difference, some things in life take a little longer than anticipated"

Adding a search option for bi/straight/ gay wouldn't take long, as the information is already collected when you join so a could of lines of code in a script is all it takes, not too much to ask?

While I understand that they are currently looking at there new chat scripts, there are plenty of people asking for the the database searches to be better too.

By *Y MAN n MECouple  over a year ago

FIFE

perhaps the setting up of a similar site called fabguys.com was their answer to our request????

I'm not here to defend admin, they're big enough to do that themselves, just thought I'd answer your comments, this site is run by volunteers, the site is growing daily, you are correct in that admin have stated previously the bi function is something they'll get round to, I see you've been here for 3 months, that will exclude you from the time we we're experiencing nightly crashes within the chat rooms, this part of the forum was chock-a-block with complaints, admin have given the chat rooms there priority, and any regular in the new chat rooms will notice the difference, some things in life take a little longer than anticipated"

Hi there,

We have been here alot longer and "notsoshybiguy"(Allan) is my other half.... we will admit that we do not use the chat rooms as find it very difficult to cut into conversations between regulars so use forums instead....so I (Heather) do know alittle more about past threads, our point was that admin have it on their list for this site and then this "new" fabguys site comes up, perhaps that was thought to be the answer for bi members? just because we are bi does not mean we do not want/have fun with straight couples coz we do! sorry if I sound defensive but just my opinion.

we are very happy to be original members of Fab and do appreciate that admin are volunteers, was only letting the OP know it was in hand.

XX Heather

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Adding a search option for bi/straight/ gay wouldn't take long, as the information is already collected when you join so a could of lines of code in a script is all it takes, not too much to ask?

"

It's not that easy because for m/f couples there is no indication which of the couples is the male or the female so that needs addressing somehow first.

Admin

By *Y MAN n MECouple  over a year ago

FIFE

most members would happily make it clear on exsisting profiles if asked and then add new options for new comers, or perhaps add a male/female option on sexuality details..eg

M st8

M bi

M bi cur

F st8

F bi

F bi cur

what do others think????

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

"Adding a search option for bi/straight/ gay wouldn't take long, as the information is already collected when you join so a could of lines of code in a script is all it takes, not too much to ask?

It's not that easy because for m/f couples there is no indication which of the couples is the male or the female so that needs addressing somehow first.

Admin"

Surely if they are a couple you either make them input the info one way round..i.e female first, so that all the profiles are the same way around!!

You would then need just a small script to run for existing members that when they login they get a message that tells them to update their information to meet this new requirement.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"most members would happily make it clear on exsisting profiles if asked and then add new options for new comers, or perhaps add a male/female option on sexuality details..eg

M st8

M bi

M bi cur

F st8

F bi

F bi cur

what do others think????"

I'm sure I have seen

M gay

F gay

I've found it frustrating that I can't search for bi-men specifically on Fab. On a separate but related point, I'm always amused by the way men classify themselves on here. In my experience, 'straight' means bi-curious or bi, and 'bi-curious' means actively bisexual!

"I've found it frustrating that I can't search for bi-men specifically on Fab. On a separate but related point, I'm always amused by the way men classify themselves on here. In my experience, 'straight' means bi-curious or bi, and 'bi-curious' means actively bisexual! "

By *woBiTwoCouple  over a year ago

north manchester

Just adding our own thumbs-up to the general request to add a bi sexual search facility if/when practicable or possible.

And thank you Fab for keeping this site afloat - it's by far and away the most active, usable and vibrant forum we've found to date. Cheers!

M & A

By *hivagodCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

+1 for bi search option.

id just like to add my voice to the bi search or display option. I dont try to offend anyone but I do get upset in chat, when im looking through who is on, and i suddenly get blocked. no chat and no explanation.Ah well their loss lol.

On the other hand I often get messages from guys and couples who are down as str8 in their profile but are obviously curious to experiment.

Surely a bi chat room would allow people who are interested, or even just curious, to get together and cause no offence to those who just want str8 swinging.

"+1 for bi search option."

also, the option for straight, not just bi.

"+1 for bi search option.

also, the option for straight, not just bi. "

You looking for straight men

"+1 for bi search option.

also, the option for straight, not just bi.

You looking for straight men"

Yeah.

By *ollie_JCouple  over a year ago

London

+1 as well

Best way we have found is to use google to text search the fab profiles

But as it seems most people have a block on google search (as we have) - we don't get many search hits

» Add a new message to this topic