FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Feedback on "Events" page

Feedback on "Events" page

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *j_mark OP   Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We're looking to improve the events section. We have our own ideas on what is wrong and what we can do, but we're running the site for you, not us and we want your comments on what is wrong now and suggestions to improve it.

Bit of a brainstorming session. We'll be reading all your input.

Admin x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

It been mentioned a few times, and I know the admin bods patrol the events section to remove them, but some way of keeping the "lets meet" type fake events out would be good.

it might be a bit labour intensive, but how about if the advert for their event had to be passed by admin first?

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Another idea.

Any chance of having the events by area, just like the club reviews, would make it easier to use.

By *eviousLiasonsCouple  over a year ago

Travelling

Possibly.... splitting it in two... "Events" as it is now ( or rather as it is supposed to be... ) and a "Swing Meet Calendar" ... for people seeking for a particular day? And limit people to only two or three active posts on there to stop the "seeking a shag, c'mon!!!!" brigade. Maybe make it searchable like the "meet today" list, ie by location and gender?

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Useful feedback so far. More wanted

xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Without approving what goes into the events section I don't think much can be done with it

What some class as an event others don't

I do agree it has its place on the site,and as its dated makes it really easy to find something for the date that you're free,

ive seen some really good events in there that would'nt make it to the meets forum or would get lost in the sheer amount of meet requests that are put in there

I don't mind the extra work involved if events have to be approved,it probably would'nt take any longer than it does now to remove all the non events anyway and that can take ages

already been said but think putting the events into areas would be a cracking idea , so much easier to see whats going on in local area that way .

It would be useful to see whether the poster is M, F, couple, etc without having to go to their profile everytime. Same as here on the forums really.

Have users flag their events with "hosted by" and "seeking" labels, as well as location, then allow people to search by them. Similarly to the regular Browse page.

Like so:

Event Title: XXX

Hosts: Straight Couple

Seeking: Straight Couple, Bi Couple, Straight Man, Straight Woman

Description: A few words of what is to be expected

Then allow users to screen events by Area, Hosts and Seeking. You could probably reuse the existing code from the Browse page with only minor modifications. It would certainly make sorting through the list a lot more user-friendly.

" Possibly.... splitting it in two... "Events" as it is now ( or rather as it is supposed to be... ) and a "Swing Meet Calendar" ... for people seeking for a particular day? And limit people to only two or three active posts on there to stop the "seeking a shag, c'mon!!!!" brigade. Maybe make it searchable like the "meet today" list, ie by location and gender?"

Meet today works great but perhaps that could be the place for your first improvement labours.

A meet today section is great but how about "meet on" with addable dates a bit like the events calender but where people can advertise in advance what date they are going to be free for a meet.

The events section is always too full of "Non-events" some guy in a hotel wanting to meet a couple or single fem is not an event it is a "looking for" and should be (at the moment) in either meet today or the looking for meets section of the forums, the same applies to the couple advertising that they are off to a club and wanting to see who else is going, perhaps its an event to the couple going but its not an event to the rest of us and just clogs up the events page

I know admin regularly clear out the "non-events" from the page but this leaves some people out in the cold because thier hopes of a meet have been removed.

Could a mod volunteer patrol the page and move the non-events to a better place ?

Online more than most here and as admin know from my events reporting would be happy to volunteer for just doing that and no other moderating. (soz mods just get abused whatever they do even though they do it for free)

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Some good feedback here. Keep it coming especially if you post events OR look at it regularly xx

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

"Some good feedback here. Keep it coming especially if you post events OR look at it regularly xx"

I look at it every day.

I normally give up after finding the date first, then trying to work out where the event is in relation to where I live and THEN......... having to out the couple wanted, man wanted to give gf cock, hotel meet, gangbang posted on the same day etc.......

It's like wading through a weeks worth of trash most days.

Why not have an events time limit. ie. You MUST post it 3 weeks before hand (will stop the meet tonight in my hotel shite).

And have them agreed by a couple of Events Mods who will look at them every day and either agree to the posting or not.

It would only take a couple of Mods an hour a day to do that because the serial offenders would soon realise they won't get past the filters.

By *endyJeffWalesCouple  over a year ago

MerthyrTydfil

Split out the events into sections -those you have to pay to attend and those which are non-contributary events

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple  over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

I agree that they need to be sorted into some kind of location/area sections.

The location window was added but there are still too many say 'my flat' or 'just off juction 5'

I think the 3 week booking/waiting period sounds good too!

xAx

Also have an option where the poster can remove there post if its cancelled or they need to change it for some reason.

We have never really used the events page as always looked to scrambled but will be interesting to see the final result!

Good luck!

Tony

New chat

sound off as default on cams

The rooms titles are not being used as such, maybe couples, bi, couples looking for singles etc

PM having a sound so you don't miss them

Thanks for all the other things too

Forum Mod

Are we any further forward with the events page?

Ive just taken off a room to let ad on there

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Yes we're working on it

catogories...

such as months, areas...

then sections like gangbangs, private parties, socials....

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"We're looking to improve the events section. We have our own ideas on what is wrong and what we can do, but we're running the site for you, not us and we want your comments on what is wrong now and suggestions to improve it.

Bit of a brainstorming session. We'll be reading all your input.

Admin x "

I don't use the events section usually but I admire the fact that Admin take head of the members wishes. The whole ethos of Fabswingers is commendable. This is what makes it the best site around!

Thank-you Admin.

By *iceguydaveMan  over a year ago

Monmouth

I check the Events section out regularly, if not frequently, and would second the concerns raised already.. it doesn't really do what it says on the tin, and using it isn't especially user-friendly.

The suggestions from CaptusMente (was that right?) 4 weeks above all sound eminently sensible - show who's posting the event (i.e. are they a couple, single M etc.) and who they're looking for as well as location and date, and make it searchable geographically, much as the main Browse section is.

How you get round the issue of people posting events that some of us wouldn't class as events is a different issue and harder to solve. As has been said already, 'I'm in a hotel and would like you to come and shag me' may be an event to the poster, but maybe not to the rest of us..

One way round it (requiring some coding!) may be:

- make the 'post events' page driven by pulldown list options and limit the options on it so that a 'do you want to meet me' can't get through. e.g. select from either Gangbang (hotel), Gangbang (home), Gangbang (other), Social (hotel), Social (home), Party (Hotel)..etc etc.. this could be a long list, but if there is no option that suits the person who is actually just looking for a meet, then they (in theory) can't complete the potentially offending entry. Does that make sense?

As I'm typing this it's making me wonder - should you be looking at WHY people 'mis-post' meet requests in the Events section? The 'looking for a meet' option is maybe hidden away somewhat in the forums, maybe it should be up there at the top of the page as a main menu option? Maybe instead of 'Meet Today' there should be 'Find a meet' - which then goes to an initial 'when do you want to find a meet?' option page (i.e. Meet Today or other..)

I'm rambling now - but maybe that's closer to a more logical process?

» Add a new message to this topic