FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Maximum Message Length

Maximum Message Length

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There appears to be a maximum message length. That is to be expected, everything has its limits. However it would be rather nice if the system warned that the message was going to be truncated and offered to cancel the submission and continue editing. I tend to rabbit on rather (for example, this message ) and messages look unprofessional chopped off 1/2 way through a word. Having to submit a 2nd message to finish off my chat is against the "ping pong" concept of the message-message interactions on the site, and might put the recipient off. Any chance of providing a warning to senders? What about a preview for messages so the sender can see if the message is going to be chopped? Preview works OK here in the forum. It is not fair that the message entry box can be resized so it is much bigger than the longest message that the system can actually handle. When a message is written every indication is given on the sender's side that the message will actually be delivered. The Post Office advertises the maximum size for envelopes, and provides facilities at the counter to size-check before submission. How come fabswinger's 21st century technology gets left behind by the Post Office's 19th century technology ?

Howard.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Gosh I've had some LONG messages, obviously c n p'd epic's, and they've come in, in 1 message.

You really must be writing war and peace

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Gosh I've had some LONG messages, obviously c n p'd epic's, and they've come in, in 1 message.

You really must be writing war and peace "

That's what I was thinking!

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Stop waffling man and it will be fine

That must be cut and paste

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

If you haven't grabbed a womans attention in the first 3 sentences it doesn't matter how long the message is.

If a woman can't be bothered to read past three sentences then I think she is likely to be rather shallow in other areas, and therefore of no interest to me. Why should any of us lower our standards just because the people creating the infrastructure can't do it right? When someone (for example "quirkylicious" ) receives a message from me they know that it took me several hours to create and spell check. I have dyslexia so I know how difficult language is. Even a misplaced single-quote mark can throw me completely. Working from a close investigation of their profile, pictures and verifications, I try to step through their profile, one item at a time, to show how I match their requirements. Am I the only guy on here who cares enough to put a little effort in? (This message took me more than one hour to create )

"If you haven't grabbed a womans attention in the first 3 sentences it doesn't matter how long the message is. "

This is a perfect example. I think you mean "woman's", otherwise it should be "women".

Howard.

"Gosh I've had some LONG messages, obviously c n p'd epic's, and they've come in, in 1 message.

You really must be writing war and peace "

Does "c n p'd epic's" mean "that which belongs to c n p'd epic"? Anyone able to translate this into English for me please?

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"If a woman can't be bothered to read past three sentences then I think she is likely to be rather shallow in other areas, and therefore of no interest to me. Why should any of us lower our standards just because the people creating the infrastructure can't do it right? When someone (for example "quirkylicious" ) receives a message from me they know that it took me several hours to create and spell check. I have dyslexia so I know how difficult language is. Even a misplaced single-quote mark can throw me completely. Working from a close investigation of their profile, pictures and verifications, I try to step through their profile, one item at a time, to show how I match their requirements. Am I the only guy on here who cares enough to put a little effort in? (This message took me more than one hour to create )"

Ok you shouldn't really tell people you pm'd me.

Im sorry you have troubles with text but you looked at all my profile including my veri's & decided to pm me.

Odd, as im only showing veri's from black men. A few women but neither of those categories fits with what you typed.

We are getting off the subject of my original post, but please, please, *please* would someone tell me what "c n p'd epic's" means. I am really not kidding, I really, really, *really*, *REALLY* need to know. To me it sounds like "centipede epic" but what does that mean? I did a Google search and now assume that "pm" is private message . I didn't understand how I could have afternooned anyone. Is there a list of these ridiculous terms anywhere?

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

It means copied and pasted

"We are getting off the subject of my original post, but please, please, *please* would someone tell me what "c n p'd epic's" means. I am really not kidding, I really, really, *really*, *REALLY* need to know. To me it sounds like "centipede epic" but what does that mean? I did a Google search and now assume that "pm" is private message . I didn't understand how I could have afternooned anyone. Is there a list of these ridiculous terms anywhere?"

Cut and pasted

"It means copied and pasted"

That's what I meant

» Add a new message to this topic