FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > subject washed over

subject washed over

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I did state earlier that my browse facility had gone all wonky and i could not search in the normal manner I was used to. I did a bit of research (Not on fab} It gave me a link to a couple who live near to us. I clicked on the link and it gave me their profile with one mail pending to be read. I clicked on the mail and I could actually read it. I have sent two mails to bug problems on fab and heard nothing from them and i still have a dubious browse facility and i seem to have the ability to go into other peoples profiles and read their mail, admittedly only one. Why has no-one been in touch to advise, as requested

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I did state earlier that my browse facility had gone all wonky and i could not search in the normal manner I was used to. I did a bit of research (Not on fab} It gave me a link to a couple who live near to us. I clicked on the link and it gave me their profile with one mail pending to be read. I clicked on the mail and I could actually read it. I have sent two mails to bug problems on fab and heard nothing from them and i still have a dubious browse facility and i seem to have the ability to go into other peoples profiles and read their mail, admittedly only one. Why has no-one been in touch to advise, as requested "

I am pretty sure they don't contact you, but will look into any reported problems

I have given fab full details but I do not want the responsibility of clicking on peoples mail that I should not be seeing. I have done this just the once to see if I could but wont be doing this again. Please get in touch and sort my browse facility out as i originally requested

thankyou

I hope your ( and possibly everyone else's dilema ) has been sorted , and thank you for bringing this to light

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I have given fab full details but I do not want the responsibility of clicking on peoples mail that I should not be seeing. I have done this just the once to see if I could but wont be doing this again. Please get in touch and sort my browse facility out as i originally requested

thankyou"

Admin get loads of emails about lots of things so they tend not to get back you. Rather they just fix or investigate what it is you reported to them.

I'm not very technical but I can't understand how you can get onto someone's account like that

"I have given fab full details but I do not want the responsibility of clicking on peoples mail that I should not be seeing. I have done this just the once to see if I could but wont be doing this again. Please get in touch and sort my browse facility out as i originally requested

thankyou

Admin get loads of emails about lots of things so they tend not to get back you. Rather they just fix or investigate what it is you reported to them.

I'm not very technical but I can't understand how you can get onto someone's account like that "

And is it just the OP ? or are many others enjoying a new ' browse ' facility ?

thankyou

I'm not very technical but I can't understand how you can get onto someone's account like that

And is it just the OP ? or are many others enjoying a new ' browse ' facility ? "

What actually happened was that I thought I would do a google search for swingers nearby to our village. The search revealed a couple on fab (with a link to fab). I clicked on the link and was taken to their profile showing one unread message. I clicked on the message and it actually let me read it

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It is possible for this to happen I was able to access peoples accounts on an online shopping site once. That was sorted quite quickly once I reported it. I didn't search on google though and wonder now how many people are busy typing into their search engines.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Have you tried turning the internet off then on again? (tell everyone before you do it though)

Evie is quiet .....are you Eviedropping ?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Evie is quiet .....are you Eviedropping ? "

I've better things to be doing

Like Work. TTFN

Just did a google search for the OP with town and fab on the search, it found their profile and took me to it, but only viewing the profile as we should.

Also did a search for us, same basis. nothing found which is as expected as we have opted out of being searchable.

don't know how you bypassed the login, but I am sure that Admin are on the case and you won't be able to do it again.

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I thought this is a platinum members feature funky, ,

"I thought this is a platinum members feature funky, , "

lol access all areas , ...a new meaning to backdoor sex !

criticising the site ......oooooohhhhhh risky , very risky . Sits back with cup of tea in hand

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Im moving this to Site Feedback as Admin are more likely to pick it up there rather than in the Lounge.

Im assuming you have already reported it directly using the CONTACT link at the bottom of the page.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Cool feel free to respond to my pm's.

Im off out today. Cheers

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Ps there is a couple in site help that have lost messages

I wonder if someone else deleted them

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"criticising the site ......oooooohhhhhh risky , very risky . Sits back with cup of tea in hand "

Not sure why you think highlighting a possible technical glitch is risky? Thats what the Site Feedback forum is for....

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

You won't hear anything back from Fab normally but if you do it won't be until they have investigated any query you have, and as this was posted 9 hours ago it could be Admin were asleep.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"I did state earlier that my browse facility had gone all wonky and i could not search in the normal manner I was used to. I did a bit of research (Not on fab} It gave me a link to a couple who live near to us. I clicked on the link and it gave me their profile with one mail pending to be read. I clicked on the mail and I could actually read it. I have sent two mails to bug problems on fab and heard nothing from them and i still have a dubious browse facility and i seem to have the ability to go into other peoples profiles and read their mail, admittedly only one. Why has no-one been in touch to advise, as requested "

It gave you a link to their profile and the one unread message was in your own inbox. This is because you were already logged into the site.

This is how we'd expect things to work

You can read more about changes to the browse functionality here:

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/feedback/222342

Admin x

» Add a new message to this topic