FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Hot photos nearby

Hot photos nearby

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *j_mark OP   Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Some of you will be seeing a new item in your local newsfeed today which shows hot public photos nearby you, from the past 7 days. It will update once a week on Monday.

Nearby = within 100km (your region rather than down your street).

This is something we're experimenting with. Feedback welcome

Admin x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

(as per the main top Fab'd photos thing, we only show pics from verified users)

Admin x

By *rchard thiefMan  over a year ago

flippin accy

In theory it's a good idea, but the top 6 fab'd photos today are are women and as it's usually women who receive the most fab's it's always going to be women (no offence ladies)......Wouldn't it have been a better idea to have the most fab'd photo from each gender choice ie most fab'd female most fab'd male most fab'd male etc, then everyone is happy

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"In theory it's a good idea, but the top 6 fab'd photos today are are women and as it's usually women who receive the most fab's it's always going to be women (no offence ladies)......Wouldn't it have been a better idea to have the most fab'd photo from each gender choice ie most fab'd female most fab'd male most fab'd male etc, then everyone is happy "

Definitely, it should look at preferences and show you your results based on that.

If there is any interest in it, we'll change it to do this

Admin x

By *rchard thiefMan  over a year ago

flippin accy

It also gives everyone the honour of having their top photo displayed each week.

Keep up the good work and have a good day x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's very nice and all, but why is it also showing up in my hotlist. I also don't really see the point in it either, why do I want/need to know who's got the most fabs in my area this week?

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"It's very nice and all, but why is it also showing up in my hotlist. I also don't really see the point in it either, why do I want/need to know who's got the most fabs in my area this week? "

Good spot, it shouldn't show in the hotlist and we'll roll out an update first thing tomorrow to fix

Thanks for the feedback

Admin x

It's awful...can you please make it an opt in feature? The first thing I saw on checking updates was someones open arsehole...I've had to turn off all site images...

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"It's awful...can you please make it an opt in feature? The first thing I saw on checking updates was someones open arsehole...I've had to turn off all site images..."

Thanks for the feedback

Admin x

"It's awful...can you please make it an opt in feature? The first thing I saw on checking updates was someones open arsehole...I've had to turn off all site images..."

that must be what people like most in your area,cant argue with deomocracy

"It's awful...can you please make it an opt in feature? The first thing I saw on checking updates was someones open arsehole...I've had to turn off all site images...

that must be what people like most in your area,cant argue with deomocracy"

I'm not...people like what they like and it's up to them...I just don't want to see it...

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I'd like to opt out also please

I'd prefer not to see pics of people I've blocked/have blocked me. Other than that keep up the great work on the site!

I think its a good idea. It gives those without thousands of fabs a chance to have their pics displayed. Maybe even make it more local in time, say to 20-30 miles. And preferences should be taken into account, as I have no interest in hairy arses or cocks!

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I think it's a good idea if it only shows the ones that match your preferences.

The ones on mine today, showed women looking for women.

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Thanks for feedback so far folks, we're taking it on board

More views welcome on this

Admin x

Can we have the option to switch off?

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I think it's a good idea if it only shows the ones that match your preferences. "

^^^^ This...

Heres some feedback that is not open to much conjecture....GET RID OF IT NOW ! !

100kms away in Ireland is the far side of the country !

"Heres some feedback that is not open to much conjecture....GET RID OF IT NOW ! ! "

Who's a moaning michael !

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We've made a couple of minor tweaks to this

* only one image is shown per user so all images will be from different users

* users you've blocked don't show

* we've fixed the bug so they only show under local updates now

* on mobile only 4 images show rather than six

* we've tweaked what images get shown so some of the more explicit stuff might not show for you now

We're still looking at making further improvements

Feedback welcome

Admin x

By *bthreeCouple  over a year ago

Yeovil

Great idea admin x

"We've made a couple of minor tweaks to this

Feedback welcome

Admin x"

How about you concentrate on improving search functionality rather than forcing random cock's down our throats?

Would prefer an option to turn it off.... Our "home" page is already ridiculously long with loads of things repeated twice over.

Nice to see changes made ..... but this one's not for us - sorry.

Personally would prefer to see an option to use a different profile font (for site supporters of course).

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Would prefer an option to turn it off.... Our "home" page is already ridiculously long with loads of things repeated twice over.

Nice to see changes made ..... but this one's not for us - sorry.

Personally would prefer to see an option to use a different profile font (for site supporters of course)."

What stuff do you find repeated on the homepage?

Admin x

photo's , profiles ...... some are even repeated 4 times !!

"We've made a couple of minor tweaks to this

* only one image is shown per user so all images will be from different users

* users you've blocked don't show

* we've fixed the bug so they only show under local updates now

* on mobile only 4 images show rather than six

* we've tweaked what images get shown so some of the more explicit stuff might not show for you now

Feedback welcome

Admin x"

Thanks-much better...don't you think that the massive overemphasis on pictures contributes to the fake/ timewaster problem? We have pictures on to give people some idea of whether they would like to meet us for the purpose of swinging and look at others pictures for the same reason...it seems that the use of the site to swap pictures or receive feedback on them kind of detracts from that...a lot of users seem to be here solely for this...not that there's anything wrong with that but wouldn't they be better served by a separate site for that along the lines of tumblr?

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"

Thanks-much better...don't you think that the massive overemphasis on pictures contributes to the fake/ timewaster problem? We have pictures on to give people some idea of whether they would like to meet us for the purpose of swinging and look at others pictures for the same reason...it seems that the use of the site to swap pictures or receive feedback on them kind of detracts from that...a lot of users seem to be here solely for this...not that there's anything wrong with that but wouldn't they be better served by a separate site for that along the lines of tumblr? "

Definitely a balance to be had something we're always thinking about. We can accommodate things on here and we'll get smarter with our software so maybe someone who enjoys viewing photos will see a different feed over time to someone who is meeting lots etc. Certainly we need to improve the search stuff and preferences stuff.

Admin x

well as long as there is an option to turn it off .......

By *wo4moreCouple  over a year ago

around walsall, wolves, cannock

Waste of resources, your time and effort would be better spent in other areas. Such as splitting couples profiles so you can specify who is male and who is female, as a result making it possible to search for bi female couples (or other permutations depending upon your needs).

Perhaps even adding a race field to allow people to search/filter out the the type of people they are looking/not looking for. Save people writing war and peace in their profiles, that let's be fair, the majority don't read and contact them anyway.

All this photo feed does really is help photo collectors. This coming after the photo theft issue of a week or so ago, where anyone's photo that appeared in the new photos gallery, appeared on tumblr, this may not be the best of ideas.

a "most fabbed profile" would be better than just fabbed photo's...... its always just gonna be pics of fit women anyhow ... and those who upload and delete the same pics daily.

Just give us the option of the "OFF" button please

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Thanks for all the feedback so far

If you're less likely to enjoy the new feature, it's less likely to show from now on

We'll continue to work on improving it

Admin x

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

"Can we have the option to switch off? "

This , Im not a fan. I guess if i want to see them i go to the top fabbed section.. It just junks up our feed/homepage now. Mrs

all for improvements/changes ...... this will never work. People already search who is near them.

A choice of profile font/type/background, to make profiles more attractive to read (again for site supporters only) is a far more attractive option.

"De-Clutter" the home page

"

Thanks-much better...don't you think that the massive overemphasis on pictures contributes to the fake/ timewaster problem? We have pictures on to give people some idea of whether they would like to meet us for the purpose of swinging and look at others pictures for the same reason...it seems that the use of the site to swap pictures or receive feedback on them kind of detracts from that...a lot of users seem to be here solely for this...not that there's anything wrong with that but wouldn't they be better served by a separate site for that along the lines of tumblr?

Definitely a balance to be had something we're always thinking about. We can accommodate things on here and we'll get smarter with our software so maybe someone who enjoys viewing photos will see a different feed over time to someone who is meeting lots etc. Certainly we need to improve the search stuff and preferences stuff.

Admin x"

We'd love a filter for smokers...we know you can do it for searches but to be able to filter smokers in the same way as you can for say single men would be fabulous...

Good grief, such a lot of sarcasm and shouty capitals!! I personally would like to opt out of the most Fab'd local pics otherwise I think you do a great job admin

By *lentyoffun40Couple  over a year ago

Lancashire

Jeeez

What's with all the moaning

It's a free site ffs

The site is excellent on the whole

Font changes and prettier looking profiles ??

Really ? My god

Definitely, would also like to be able to see the latest pics upload galleries by region.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I have no preferences ticked which means Im not force fed photos at all

I have to agree with the others though. Some of the sensible requests repeated year on year get ignored; I've never seen a thread asking for ' local opinion based hotties' to be dumped on the home page

Its just encouraging pic collectors & want fodder/feeders.

I have unticked what Im looking for to disable 'local updates et al' as Im using a fake postcode anyhows

Seems to be a feature that just takes up loads of room on the updates section, personally prefer it if when looking at the gallery/hot pics that you could sort them by distance/region in that section only.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I can't see where this function is, can someone please tell me?

In Your Bush

"I can't see where this function is, can someone please tell me?"

It appears in local updates on a Monday. Well it's meant to be a Monday, but mine has refreshed today.

Scotland - Aberdeen

"I can't see where this function is, can someone please tell me?

It appears in local updates on a Monday. Well it's meant to be a Monday, but mine has refreshed today. "

See, I'm only asking because I didn't realise this new feature and someone mentioned to me yesterday about being in the top 4 fabbed......

Of course I thought he was lying and was just a normal cheesy chat up line!

And of course because I am only looking for men, this wouldn't show up for me....So admin, I think maybe for this reason it should be made clearer for your own profile?

As I was grumpy yesterday and could have taken the message the complete wrong way

In Your Bush

It appears in local updates on a Monday. Well it's meant to be a Monday, but mine has refreshed today.

See, I'm only asking because I didn't realise this new feature and someone mentioned to me yesterday about being in the top 4 fabbed......

And of course because I am only looking for men, this wouldn't show up for me....So admin, I think maybe for this reason it should be made clearer for your own profile?

As I was grumpy yesterday and could have taken the message the complete wrong way "

Was this person from Aberdeen? If not, they wouldn't appear anyway.

Scotland - Aberdeen

As I was grumpy yesterday and could have taken the message the complete wrong way

Was this person from Aberdeen? If not, they wouldn't appear anyway. "

Yes he was, and even now when I go and look I can't see 'local hot pics'

So I must not be seeing something others can.....or I'm just being thick as usual

In Your Bush

So I must not be seeing something others can.....or I'm just being thick as usual "

Guess it could be because your profile doesn't show any ' looking for preferences' apart from that I dunno?

Scotland - Aberdeen

So I must not be seeing something others can.....or I'm just being thick as usual

Guess it could be because your profile doesn't show any ' looking for preferences' apart from that I dunno?"

Oh well, I'll just give up then (though I do have some preference boxes ticked)

In Your Bush

Guess it could be because your profile doesn't show any ' looking for preferences' apart from that I dunno?

Oh well, I'll just give up then (though I do have some preference boxes ticked) "

Yea but I don't think any Oompa Loompa's got fabbed in Aberdeen last week

Scotland - Aberdeen

Well both myself and a female friend from another part of the country can not see this feature!

Has it crashed?

"Well both myself and a female friend from another part of the country can not see this feature!

Has it crashed? "

I can't see it either

» Add a new message to this topic