FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > links

links

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ouple1234 OP   Couple  over a year ago

BELFAST UK

should there be a bit on this site with links to other sites, was looking to get on benidorm site and got such a virus in my pc, so there could be a links page so this kind of stuff dont happen to other people....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"should there be a bit on this site with links to other sites, was looking to get on benidorm site and got such a virus in my pc, so there could be a links page so this kind of stuff dont happen to other people...."

benidorm site?

The whole point of not having links on the site is to stop people getting a virus by clicking onto a link and a website popping up that contains the virus!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"should there be a bit on this site with links to other sites, was looking to get on benidorm site and got such a virus in my pc, so there could be a links page so this kind of stuff dont happen to other people....

benidorm site?

The whole point of not having links on the site is to stop people getting a virus by clicking onto a link and a website popping up that contains the virus! "

ooooooh its all far too technical for me , anyone for a game of buy me jimmy choos???

BELFAST UK

but if it was done right then it wouldnt happen. if people knew the correct link to the site, say there was people on this plus another then the direct link wouldnt be hard to get

Tayside

"should there be a bit on this site with links to other sites, was looking to get on benidorm site and got such a virus in my pc, so there could be a links page so this kind of stuff dont happen to other people....

benidorm site?

The whole point of not having links on the site is to stop people getting a virus by clicking onto a link and a website popping up that contains the virus! ooooooh its all far too technical for me , anyone for a game of buy me jimmy choos??? "

Aye go on then lol

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

benidorm site?

The whole point of not having links on the site is to stop people getting a virus by clicking onto a link and a website popping up that contains the virus! "

You would think it would be simple to understand wouldn't you?

Tayside

"but if it was done right then it wouldnt happen. if people knew the correct link to the site, say there was people on this plus another then the direct link wouldnt be hard to get"

If they knew the direct link then why wouldn't they just type it into their browser and go to it from outwith the site? Maybe that is too easy though

Not everyone is technical either and this is a swingers site and not holiday's abroad

Torquay

[Removed by poster at 13/04/10 23:35:00]

Torquay

Don't put that revolver in your mouth

Bang!!.......oooooops

BELFAST UK

"but if it was done right then it wouldnt happen. if people knew the correct link to the site, say there was people on this plus another then the direct link wouldnt be hard to get

If they knew the direct link then why wouldn't they just type it into their browser and go to it from outwith the site? Maybe that is too easy though

Not everyone is technical either and this is a swingers site and not holiday's abroad "

its for people who 'DONT' know the 'DIRECT' link to other sites and what to join other sites maybe to find other couples that maybe dont use this site, it would just be like the section promoting the clubs only it would be advertsing for other sites alike....

Tayside

"but if it was done right then it wouldnt happen. if people knew the correct link to the site, say there was people on this plus another then the direct link wouldnt be hard to get

Not everyone is technical either and this is a swingers site and not holiday's abroad

its for people who 'DONT' know the 'DIRECT' link to other sites and what to join other sites maybe to find other couples that maybe dont use this site, it would just be like the section promoting the clubs only it would be advertsing for other sites alike.... "

Ah ok, a bit like going into MacDonalds and asking where the nearest Burger King is then?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

The best place for this thread would be the site feedback forum and then admin can answer you directly and give you any reasons why it would or would'nt work

Torquay

I have seen the thread and cannot see any link?

BELFAST UK

yeah true would cut out the childish comments, and not just a simple yes it might help or no it would

BELFAST UK

its for people who 'DONT' know the 'DIRECT' link to other sites and what to join other sites maybe to find other couples that maybe dont use this site, it would just be like the section promoting the clubs only it would be advertsing for other sites alike....

Ah ok, a bit like going into MacDonalds and asking where the nearest Burger King is then? "

think ya need a power nap pal

Tayside

Ah ok, a bit like going into MacDonalds and asking where the nearest Burger King is then?

think ya need a power nap pal"

Tayside

"yeah true would cut out the childish comments, and not just a simple yes it might help or no it would"

You asked a question in an open forum and I answered it, might be proved wrong, but I do believe the 'only certain links rule' was introduced after the forums were hijacked by someone using an outside link!

So it wasn't childish comments it was sensible comments

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Do you mean direct link sites to other swinging sites?

BELFAST UK

"Do you mean direct link sites to other swinging sites?"

yeah...

Forum Mod

O o O oo

hhhmm but then they would be sending people off to the opposition?

Tayside

"hhhmm but then they would be sending people off to the opposition?"

Agrees

BELFAST UK

"yeah true would cut out the childish comments, and not just a simple yes it might help or no it would

You asked a question in an open forum and I answered it, might be proved wrong, but I do believe the 'only certain links rule' was introduced after the forums were hijacked by someone using an outside link!

So it wasn't childish comments it was sensible comments "

you just seem be very cocky in your comments yes i take it with pinch of salt at the start but if i think your going a bit far i would hold back and tell you, iv went through all my topics and it seems you cant wright something without it sounding cocky.. well to me thats how it comes across

BELFAST UK

"hhhmm but then they would be sending people off to the opposition?"

well no not as such, there is people on here that use other site's and im sure the people that have made good friends on here wouldnt just stop coming on etc.. and if it was all done right this could help other couples,singles,tv's everyone and not only that but it could help all swinging sites we all are here for the same reason so this site could gain members and not lose any

By *1dKingColeMan  over a year ago

east london

"should there be a bit on this site with links to other sites, was looking to get on benidorm site and got such a virus in my pc, so there could be a links page so this kind of stuff dont happen to other people...."

1. Get yourself a good anti-virus and malware checker, then keep it up to date.

2. Make sure your machine is receiving its security patches form Microsoft, and preferably checking daily.

3. If you are not a technical user and not familiar with net security etc, create a new 'basic' logon on your computer, then login with only basic user rights and browse the net from there. This is good practise and the normal working method of many professional system administrators. This will stop any compromised site or exploit enabled on your machine getting to critical parts.

Do all the above and don't automatically click 'Yes' to everything and you will be a lot safer.

Until then you will get exactly what you have now.

Tayside

"yeah true would cut out the childish comments, and not just a simple yes it might help or no it would

So it wasn't childish comments it was sensible comments

you just seem be very cocky in your comments yes i take it with pinch of salt at the start but if i think your going a bit far i would hold back and tell you, iv went through all my topics and it seems you cant wright something without it sounding cocky.. well to me thats how it comes across"

I write things as I see things and if that sounds cocky to some then that's how they see it and they have the right to take it that way.

It could also be said that you don't like others having their own opinion and again you are entitled to that view, the same as everyone else is entitled to have their own views too.

Always my own tuppence worth on any thread I choose to reply on.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"hhhmm but then they would be sending people off to the opposition?

well no not as such, there is people on here that use other site's and im sure the people that have made good friends on here wouldnt just stop coming on etc.. and if it was all done right this could help other couples,singles,tv's everyone and not only that but it could help all swinging sites we all are here for the same reason so this site could gain members and not lose any "

I suppose it is a bit like BB said..a bit like owning Mc donalds and sending people to burgerking and hoping they don't like burger king better and go there everytime

BELFAST UK

im all for people having there say, but il leave it at that i dont want say anything out of line

BELFAST UK

this isnt about foods this is about what 'everyone' is on this for the same thing swinging fun.. not a hot rod but going to sub way comparing this site with food places is just mad

Torquay

"this isnt about foods this is about what 'everyone' is on this for the same thing swinging fun.. not a hot rod but going to sub way comparing this site with food places is just mad "

Can you pick me up some KFC?

Tayside

"this isnt about foods this is about what 'everyone' is on this for the same thing swinging fun.. not a hot rod but going to sub way comparing this site with food places is just mad "

Using MacDonlds & Burger King is an analogy!

We all know what the site is about and like it that's probably why we stay on it and don't go off to the competitors

Forum Mod

O o O oo

We were just giving you an example, we would have given you an example with swinging sites but it isn't allowed.

Tayside

"this isnt about foods this is about what 'everyone' is on this for the same thing swinging fun.. not a hot rod but going to sub way comparing this site with food places is just mad

We were just giving you an example, we would have given you an example with swinging sites but it isn't allowed."

I am glad you typed that, because that was going to be my next comment lol

Torquay

The guy down at Burger King got sacked for showing off his Whopper to the customers.....

BELFAST UK

whos king cock of this site, take it to the top thats the only way to get some answers always works, i just hope he/she didnt work in a zoo

Tayside

"whos king cock of this site, take it to the top thats the only way to get some answers always works, i just hope he/she didnt work in a zoo "

I'm sure you will get an answer at some point, as for working in a zoo it could possibly come in handy to keep control of all the cheeky wee monkeys in here

BELFAST UK

you dont even wana hear mt replay to that

Torquay

Still wanna race me in my Trabant?.....

Tayside

"you dont even wana hear mt replay to that "

Oh I do you can always pm me it to up my mail count for today

BELFAST UK

aye sure why not

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We are on other swing sites and they dont have links to other swing sites on them,obviously for the same reason thats been pointed out,why would they do that when they could loose members?

Tayside

"We are on other swing sites and they dont have links to other swing sites on them,obviously for the same reason thats been pointed out,why would they do that when they could loose members?"

Shhhhh You are meant to agree that this is a great idea

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"We are on other swing sites and they dont have links to other swing sites on them,obviously for the same reason thats been pointed out,why would they do that when they could loose members?

Shhhhh You are meant to agree that this is a great idea "

Ah, I was just going to log off when I stumbled across this little gem! I'm just off to Superdrug to ask for directions to the nearest Boots! (Sorry) Z

» Add a new message to this topic