FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Hiding from looked at me

Hiding from looked at me

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi, we were chatting to some friends last night and the number of people that avoid fabs was shocking (mostly single women) as we got to talking I wondered if making the not appear on looked at me a site supporters only option, would help.

The biggest concern raised was when someone is blocked they can start a new account in minutes and until you work out it's the same person you cant block them.

If hiding from looked at me was a site supporter only option, it could deter these pesky multi profile abusers, allow concerned members to monitor their views and block any suspicious new profiles. (you can block newbies from contacting you, but it doesn't stop them viewing you.)

I know if someone is determined to 'stalk or harass' someone then a fiver wont be much of a deterrent, but it could be a step in the right direction... & if they continue to fork out a fiver for multipul accounts, the site gets a boost and the single women just wont log in or display any info, so no change then.

Ok shoot me now

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

But only site supporters can see who has looked at them.

I know, it's the other side of the coin.

By *aveandkate35Couple  over a year ago

telford

"Hi, we were chatting to some friends last night and the number of people that avoid fabs was shocking (mostly single women) as we got to talking I wondered if making the not appear on looked at me a site supporters only option, would help.

The biggest concern raised was when someone is blocked they can start a new account in minutes and until you work out it's the same person you cant block them.

If hiding from looked at me was a site supporter only option, it could deter these pesky multi profile abusers, allow concerned members to monitor their views and block any suspicious new profiles. (you can block newbies from contacting you, but it doesn't stop them viewing you.)

I know if someone is determined to 'stalk or harass' someone then a fiver wont be much of a deterrent, but it could be a step in the right direction... & if they continue to fork out a fiver for multipul accounts, the site gets a boost and the single women just wont log in or display any info, so no change then.

Ok shoot me now "

Sounds reasonable to me - like you said, not infallible but maybe deter some and not really hinder anyone else as it doesn't affect your ability to use the site.

On the flip side, don't have anything public that isn't "public". I know that status updates are, which is the only thing I could see being an issue?

D

"But only site supporters can see who has looked at them.

I know, it's the other side of the coin."

so anyone concerned they might have a stalker or someone that doesn't cope with rejection would site support....

I dont see the problem with that

"Hi, we were chatting to some friends last night and the number of people that avoid fabs was shocking (mostly single women) as we got to talking I wondered if making the not appear on looked at me a site supporters only option, would help.

Ok shoot me now

Sounds reasonable to me - like you said, not infallible but maybe deter some and not really hinder anyone else as it doesn't affect your ability to use the site.

On the flip side, don't have anything public that isn't "public". I know that status updates are, which is the only thing I could see being an issue?

D"

its little things like ex's knowing you were online really not what the profile says, but we'd have more confidence showing veri's if we knew we could see more of those really looking at us.

» Add a new message to this topic