FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Going back on an iphone...

Going back on an iphone...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If you're looking through a list and you go back, quite frequently it will take you back to the top of the list. It's extremely irritating and quite often from a usability point of view I don't go back through the list I'm on I just close fab and move onto something else.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Am sure if I go back to the previous page, it goes to where I was when I was, for example, looking at my looked at list

"Am sure if I go back to the previous page, it goes to where I was when I was, for example, looking at my looked at list"

Mine goes back to previous page to same spot too

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Not me iphone5 very annoying bug. It tends to be if I go on a profile and into another page e.g. I'm in winked at me then I click on a username then go into their pics, swipe back twice and I'm at the top of the list.

"Not me iphone5 very annoying bug. It tends to be if I go on a profile and into another page e.g. I'm in winked at me then I click on a username then go into their pics, swipe back twice and I'm at the top of the list."

I'm using iPhone 5S mine doesn't do what you are experiencing.

Try clearing cache see if that helps

Sorry for late chime in. I find this happens if when I scroll back and I touch the page before it's buffered/loaded.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Mine does it when using the forums. Does my tits in.

It's a pain in the arse

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Strange, we test on iphone 4 and iphone 5 and when swiping back it just goes to where you were on the page (i.e. scrolled down or whatever).

Anyone else see this problem? What version of iOS are you running?

Admin x

By *wo4moreCouple  over a year ago

around walsall, wolves, cannock

"Strange, we test on iphone 4 and iphone 5 and when swiping back it just goes to where you were on the page (i.e. scrolled down or whatever).

Admin x"

Yup, happens to us, iPhone 5 iOS 7.1.1

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Strange, we test on iphone 4 and iphone 5 and when swiping back it just goes to where you were on the page (i.e. scrolled down or whatever).

Admin x

Yup, happens to us, iPhone 5 iOS 7.1.1"

It is all over the site or on specific pages/sections only?

Admin x

By *p4fun65Couple  over a year ago

chester

Hi we have the same problem on the iPhone 5 and it's all over the site. Just got to the point now where we just accept it.

Admin x

Yup, happens to us, iPhone 5 iOS 7.1.1

It is all over the site or on specific pages/sections only?

Admin x"

Forums, searches, galleries, meet list, pretty much the whole site...

It only happens when i'm browsing pics,

If i look at a profile or picture when i go back it returns to the top of the page

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We've checked again and it works OK here. These type of problems are hard to track down, but we can imagine it is frustrating from usability POV!

Does it happen both on wifi and 3g?

What browser are you using, is it the default (safari)?

Admin x

"We've checked again and it works OK here. These type of problems are hard to track down, but we can imagine it is frustrating from usability POV!

Admin x"

Safari, 3G, 4G and Wifi

Are you waiting for the page to load 100% before you touch it? I find if I go back and I'm waiting for the full page to load and click something I go back to the top, if I leave it to load it goes back to top and then swooshes down to where I was.

I am on iPhone 5 and it is a pain I the arse at times.

If you download the Atomic Web App and use that for your fabbing it goes back to where you were on the last page.

I just told it to open links with new tab in the browser settings and it works a treat. Instead of clicking the back button you just close the tab window you are on and you are automatically on the last page you visited at the exact same page.

You can also set a password on the Atomic Web browser so if anyone pics up your phone and starts clicking away they won't be able to open up the browser without knowing the password, which can save an embarrassing event.

It will also allow you to upload pics to FAB from your iPhones picture gallery too.

In Your Bush

"We've checked again and it works OK here. These type of problems are hard to track down, but we can imagine it is frustrating from usability POV!

Admin x"

I find it only happens under certain circumstances.

Try these two scenarios:

FORUM

Go into the lounge, scroll three quarters of the way down the page and select a thread to open.

If I then swipe back, it will return me to the same point on the lounge board. However if I scroll down the posts in the opened thread and then swipe back, it will take me back to the same point but immediately shoot up to the top of the board.

NEW PICS GALLERY

scroll halfway down the page then click on a username to open their profile.

If I then swipe back I will return to the same point. If I look at their public pics before I swipe back, it will do the same as the forum example.

I am using Safari on a 4s with iOS 7.1.

I have the same issue regardless of what connection I am using.

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Admin x

Try these two scenarios:

FORUM

Go into the lounge, scroll three quarters of the way down the page and select a thread to open.

If I then swipe back, it will return me to the same point on the lounge board. However if I scroll down the posts in the opened thread and then swipe back, it will take me back to the same point but immediately shoot up to the top of the board.

NEW PICS GALLERY

If I then swipe back I will return to the same point. If I look at their public pics before I swipe back, it will do the same as the forum example.

I have the same issue regardless of what connection I am using. "

Hi thanks for the in-depth.

Have tried that and still don't see the behaviour on our iphone 5. We'll try on the 4 when it's charged.

If you do an advanced search from the advanced search on mobile, and go back to the search form, having searched, clicked on profile and scrolled down (as per above), does that specific search form exhibit the same behaviour?

Admin x

Happens to me if you got back more then once.

For example if I'm looking through a browse type list (browse or looked at me) and I click into the profile then click then click back. I go to same place on list.

If I click on profile, then click on veris or photos, then click back twice takes me to the top of the list.

This happens when using mobile site via safari & chrome on an iPhone & iPad.

In Your Bush

Admin x

Try these two scenarios:

FORUM

NEW PICS GALLERY

I have the same issue regardless of what connection I am using.

Hi thanks for the in-depth.

Have tried that and still don't see the behaviour on our iphone 5. We'll try on the 4 when it's charged.

If you do an advanced search from the advanced search on mobile, and go back to the search form, having searched, clicked on profile and scrolled down (as per above), does that specific search form exhibit the same behaviour?

Admin x"

Yes, same behaviour, but only if I go into their public gallery or verifications. Swiping back straight away from their profile is fine.

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Thanks. We'll continue to look into this.

Admin x

By *andyandy12345Man  over a year ago

Edgware

I'm using iPhone 5S and mine works fine I don't have a problem but I guess if you take it to apple and explain what is happing it won't bode well for you if you tell them you are using this site and those problems you have kind regards Mal

This has got worse... Now when you look at a picture in someone's profile gallery and go back, you go straight back to the top of the page....

The newest version of safari on iOS 7.x if you go more than one link deep going back (swipe right) will reload the page hence going back to top of page. Eg

Search results - a profile - pictures

Going back to search results will cause issue. If you don't go into pictures you'll be ok.

Only work around is to hols finger on link to open in new page option.

» Add a new message to this topic