FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > hiding the fab icon short cut

hiding the fab icon short cut

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why does the fab icon shortcut clearly show fab swingers name and be so obvious on the phone screen, Ive had to hide mine on a hidden screen as I'm always using my phone around others especially at work

How do you hide the phone icon from view and would fab consider changing it to be more descreat and less obvious

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Do you mean the bookmark icon your phone assigns it? If so it's nothing to do with the site, it's your phone settings.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You can rename a bookmark to anything you want, so the writing underneath the icon says whatever you choose. I know the actual icon says fab, but I don't think it says fabswingers. So unless you are a member of the sight or have been previously, I don't think they'd know what it means.

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

The OP doesn't mention the phone they are using, but on Android, when you "send Shortcut to the homepage", in my browser, the icon is the "fab" from the fab logo, so I think the site must be providing that. I'm not familiar with the setup for mobile web sites, but, on a PC, when I use the Chrome function to "Create an application shortcut", the desktop shortcut has a cherry as the icon. Is that the site's "favicon"? Might that be more "stealthy"?

Having said that, there's no need to have the shortcut, if you're worried about someone seeing it!!

"You can rename a bookmark to anything you want"
That may depend on the phone, OS, Launcher, etc.

No its not the bookmark it's the icon/short cut that says FAB on the home screen. The question was could fab make this less conspicuous as it also states fab swingers underneath the icon

We both use our mobiles a lot so wish to keep the icon to jump in and out of the site

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"No its not the bookmark it's the icon/short cut that says FAB on the home screen. The question was could fab make this less conspicuous as it also states fab swingers underneath the icon

We both use our mobiles a lot so wish to keep the icon to jump in and out of the site "

On most phones (iphone/android) you can edit the text when adding to home screen so just type something different of your choice.

What phone are you using?

Admin x

100% agree. there ought to be what i would call a 'discrete button' so that the banners (particularly the fabswingers one) is hidden so we can browse the site discretely. i was only thinking that the other day myself. yup i was at work, and i just have to angle the phone carefully where the screen can't be overlooked.

the banner isn't necessary we already know what site we're on...

evesham

"100% agree. there ought to be what i would call a 'discrete button' so that the banners (particularly the fabswingers one) is hidden so we can browse the site discretely. i was only thinking that the other day myself. yup i was at work, and i just have to angle the phone carefully where the screen can't be overlooked.

the banner isn't necessary we already know what site we're on..."

There is the option to hide site pics if browsing in public. Not sure if that hides the banner though.

Would be a good idea.

Keeps it discrete and private.

Admin I'm on a HTC mini but can't change the lettering

evesham

if i am on the web site the banner rarely shows so unless all the pics are showing who would know you are on fab?

» Add a new message to this topic