FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Stolen photos

Stolen photos

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *unlovers2009 OP   Couple  over a year ago

chester

There is a single guy who is using one of our pictures as his profile picture. We have reported it and it was removed for about an hour before going back on. He posted a status saying 'yes it is me in the picture no matter what people are saying' . He has also blocked us but continues to use the picture. We have reported it a couple of times and it is still there. It is me and my wife in the picture and we also have the uncropped picture in our private pictures. Why is he allowed to continue using it. Surely the picture should be deleted and perhaps his account closed. Can some please help and explain the apparent lack of action?

Thank you

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *bony in IvoryCouple  over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

"There is a single guy who is using one of our pictures as his profile picture. We have reported it and it was removed for about an hour before going back on. He posted a status saying 'yes it is me in the picture no matter what people are saying' . He has also blocked us but continues to use the picture. We have reported it a couple of times and it is still there. It is me and my wife in the picture and we also have the uncropped picture in our private pictures. Why is he allowed to continue using it. Surely the picture should be deleted and perhaps his account closed. Can some please help and explain the apparent lack of action?

Thank you"

we are experiencing the exact same right now! A stolen picture of ours being used as a profile picture... Have reported it over this past week and the single ' man ' still blatantly using our picture... Nothing has been done at all ... Very dismayed right now

Black&White Utopia

Ps have just posted about this on swingers support thread ... No reply as yet

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Ps have just posted about this on swingers support thread ... No reply as yet "
sorry to break the bad news but all that will happen is they will block both party's from seeing each other and the innocent party will get a ban for keep mentioning this (yes I'm speaking from experience) so all you can do really is not put pics on or accept they will be used unless you watermark them

Black&White Utopia

"Ps have just posted about this on swingers support thread ... No reply as yet sorry to break the bad news but all that will happen is they will block both party's from seeing each other and the innocent party will get a ban for keep mentioning this (yes I'm speaking from experience) so all you can do really is not put pics on or accept they will be used unless you watermark them "
well if thats the case they are breaching their own terms and conditions as stated in section 5.3 - 5.10 and 5.11 .... Even if pictures are water marked they simply can be cropped out ... So users who are known to be using false pictures carry on regardless... Fucking out if order aint it!

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

Its sad, but some of the practicalities of the rules on pictures need to be sorted out:

1) you're supposed to post a picture of yourself

2) You should not post a picture of you that is too identifiable (ie, distinct tattoos)

3) If you however post a body part with a distinct tattoo but "airbrush it out" (to comply with 2 above) then the picture get rejected as it can be argued its not a picture of you.

4) Yes, some of the people that have the job rejecting photos themselves have "boob pics" that lets face it, are hard to prove if the boobs in the pics are of the very people themselves.

And while thinking it, how many pictures of "feet up in heels" have you seen this week and thought "I've seen a similar pic"?

Black&White Utopia

"Its sad, but some of the practicalities of the rules on pictures need to be sorted out:

1) you're supposed to post a picture of yourself

2) You should not post a picture of you that is too identifiable (ie, distinct tattoos)

3) If you however post a body part with a distinct tattoo but "airbrush it out" (to comply with 2 above) then the picture get rejected as it can be argued its not a picture of you.

4) Yes, some of the people that have the job rejecting photos themselves have "boob pics" that lets face it, are hard to prove if the boobs in the pics are of the very people themselves.

And while thinking it, how many pictures of "feet up in heels" have you seen this week and thought "I've seen a similar pic"?"

yeap agree! On the picture of ours being used us a distinctive scar ( noticed it straight away!!! ) loads of posts daily re fake profiles etc etc .... Know its must be a huge task to keep track of ... However its very frustrating!

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Nicked photos isn't OK in any shape or form on here.

It looks like in a couple of cases mentioned here our usual process for dealing with nicked photos hasn't worked as expected (should be along the lines of: photo is removed, user is warned, we check, if user persists, they are permanently suspended).

We'll look into why that has happened. Don't forget:

* it can take us up to 24hrs to deal with a report (48hrs occasionally)

* if there is still a problem your best bet to let us know is use CONTACT link at bottom of any page and Admin will re-review.

We've now re-reviewed the issues flagged above and ensured the correct actions have been taken. Any specific queries, hit the CONTACT link

Admin x