FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > suggestion for admin

suggestion for admin

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Wondering if an additional feature to put mails into some sort of order could be considered ?

When at times there are so many messages being sent out and received its not easy trying to work out the ones from your "friends list " to the random messages you receive daily.

So I thought it could be helpful like in an email option if a friends mail option especially when dealing with social events ??

Saved messages are now being used for everything if you want to keep a msg. People who you may want to meet or people who have attached face pics . it takes you ages to find certain ones having to scroll back . Would make mailing a lot easier I feel perhaps???

Or is there an easier way I've missed possibly ???

Shelley x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

An additional feature to send out bulk emails would definitely be beneficial to social organisers as at the moment it takes ages to copy and paste everyone on a guest.

By *homasP80Man  over a year ago

Linwood

Probably name and shame timewasters would be at the top of people's list.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Wondering if an additional feature to put mails into some sort of order could be considered ?

When at times there are so many messages being sent out and received its not easy trying to work out the ones from your "friends list " to the random messages you receive daily.

So I thought it could be helpful like in an email option if a friends mail option especially when dealing with social events ??

Saved messages are now being used for everything if you want to keep a msg. People who you may want to meet or people who have attached face pics . it takes you ages to find certain ones having to scroll back . Would make mailing a lot easier I feel perhaps???

Shelley x

"

Something we're looking at for those organising socials.

Do you advertise via the meets/events page? We're thinking of something like a button on event page to say "I'm coming" and organisers can then email all those who clicked it in one go.

Would that work?

Admin x

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Wondering if an additional feature to put mails into some sort of order could be considered ?

Shelley x

Do you advertise via the meets/events page? We're thinking of something like a button on event page to say "I'm coming" and organisers can then email all those who clicked it in one go.

Would that work?

Admin x"

As social organiser I was meaning like something in private like a social hotlist where you can add guest to then when the event details are being sent out you can just click on all on the list and send one bulk email rather than individual.

Your idea is good too as a lot don't like to advertise on the forums and prefer to pm their intrest that way.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"Probably name and shame timewasters would be at the top of people's list."

How about an faq in which this frequently asked question could be answered for the benefit of those who haven't noticed the twelve thousand other threads on the subject?

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

"Probably name and shame timewasters would be at the top of people's list.

How about an faq in which this frequently asked question could be answered for the benefit of those who haven't noticed the twelve thousand other threads on the subject? "

or even a search feature on the forum so people could look to see if the question had been asked a thousand times before.

I'm sure people would use that

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

How about an faq in which this frequently asked question could be answered for the benefit of those who haven't noticed the twelve thousand other threads on the subject?

or even a search feature on the forum so people could look to see if the question had been asked a thousand times before.

I'm sure people would use that "

But you can search the forums

Maybe not from the mobile site

The pm system on here is rubbish and the half hearted attempt admin made is still left pending as a clickable option

More annoying than it's worth.

It's one of the reasons people are so desperate to immediately take things off site

Norwich

I'm sure people would use that

But you can search the forums

Maybe not from the mobile site

"

I was taking the piss out of the post that asked for an FAQ

http://www.fabswingers.com/faq

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Shelley x

Would that work?

Admin x"

That sounds great, as someone who's helping to organise an event, a "one click to all" list thingy would be good.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Shelley x

Would that work?

Admin x"

Would work for me as in the past I have been guilty of mailing confirmations to similar looking usernames by accident and been threatened with my account being suspended because if it.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Shelley x

Would that work?

Admin x

Would work for me as in the past I have been guilty of mailing confirmations to similar looking usernames by accident and been threatened with my account being suspended because if it. "

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"

I was taking the piss out of the post that asked for an FAQ

http://www.fabswingers.com/faq

"

I was obviously being too subtle

Norwich

Looks like we both were