FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Suggestion

Suggestion

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I wonder if it can be done that you can select who can and can't view your profile , like you can do in your privacy settings

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

A block button?

Suppose that's the type off answer I was expecting thanks

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I was trying to answer the question but as it didn't seem very well recieved I have gone to your other posts and what I now think you are asking for is a block like mail filters.... IE if you block single men from mailing then they then can't see your profile at all.

It was the privacy word that threw me as I think you meant filters.

You are in the right place for your suggestion.

That's exactly what I was meaning , if the site can use filters to stop people mailing you why can't they do the same for stopping people viewing ur profile as it makes no sense to me if you don't meet there criteria ( ie not looking for single men ) . Hope this explains it better

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

What about the couples and ladies that say they aren't looking for single men to cut down the messages they receive but want to look for, and approach, people that catch their eye? Seems like a sledgehammer to crack a nut really.

By *wo4moreCouple  over a year ago

around walsall, wolves, cannock

"That's exactly what I was meaning , if the site can use filters to stop people mailing you why can't they do the same for stopping people viewing ur profile as it makes no sense to me if you don't meet there criteria ( ie not looking for single men ) . Hope this explains it better "

Problem is, if single women or couples aren't looking for single men, and had a filter to stop single men from looking at their profile and pictures. Then guys won't pay to be site supporters to view bigger pics, and fabs will lose money. It's a great suggestion, but at the moment it very much looks. Like if it doesn't make money they can't be bothered doing it!!!

Norwich

There's also the point: What does it matter who looks at your profile?

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

"There's also the point: What does it matter who looks at your profile?"

"There's also the point: What does it matter who looks at your profile?"

Freedom of choice?!?!?

There's no choice at the moment, we'll except show profile pics or not show pics.

Not really fussed here but why shouldn't people be given a choice if it's possible?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

For once I agree with Mr Audi ...last 100 folk to view me 60percent are bi would be nice to have the filter seen as i not bi and no interests in meeting single bi men or couples with by men

"That's exactly what I was meaning , if the site can use filters to stop people mailing you why can't they do the same for stopping people viewing ur profile as it makes no sense to me if you don't meet there criteria ( ie not looking for single men ) . Hope this explains it better

Problem is, if single women or couples aren't looking for single men, and had a filter to stop single men from looking at their profile and pictures. Then guys won't pay to be site supporters to view bigger pics, and fabs will lose money. It's a great suggestion, but at the moment it very much looks. Like if it doesn't make money they can't be bothered doing it!!!"

That's exactly the solution i came up with and as it can't make money it will never be dealt with , but now i have found a way round it i will not renew my sub and that way i can't look at ( who looked at me ) stops all the frustration . , And i hope this doesn't in anyway get me blocked for speaking out about something i feel so strongly about .

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I know exactly what Mr Audi means, for example, myself as a 40 year old female, if my selected criteria (what I am looking for) is used, then I would not appear in any searches unless that person met them and that I met theirs, so then say for example, I wouldn't have any 20 year olds looking at me or my pictures which I am not comfortable with.

Maybe to keep both fab and others happy, this could maybe be a feature that Gold site supporters could use? A win win for everyone

Norwich

"There's also the point: What does it matter who looks at your profile?

Freedom of choice?!?!?

There's no choice at the moment, we'll except show profile pics or not show pics.

Not really fussed here but why shouldn't people be given a choice if it's possible?"

That's just it though, people already have the choice to set pics as private.

Norwich

" but now i have found a way round it i will not renew my sub and that way i can't look at ( who looked at me )"

Or, and this may be a bit radical, you could just not look at the 'who looked at me'

"There's also the point: What does it matter who looks at your profile?

Freedom of choice?!?!?

Not really fussed here but why shouldn't people be given a choice if it's possible?

That's just it though, people already have the choice to set pics as private.

"

But then if they set them to private, the people who they want to see their pics can't see them...

Norwich

i thought thatw as the whole point of private pics, that you can chose who sees them

"i thought thatw as the whole point of private pics, that you can chose who sees them "

You can, but you have to send them/friend invite every single person in the category you are looking to meet. Bit excessive really.

Seems to be people are well off track on this thread it has nothing to do with pics just that it makes no sense for someone too view a profile that doesn't meet there criteria ie ( why would you want people who are not meeting looking at someone's who does want too meet , or not looking for single guys ) just's baffles me

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

Like someone said further up the main problem with that is a lot of people have 'not looking for single guys' as a filter so they can message the single guys as they please. So If the block was implemented you'd hide yourself from thousands of potential meets

I totally understand that but why oh why do they want to keep viewing profiles off single guys baffle's me still, ( it's like why would you look for a 2 bedroom house when you know you need a bigger one )

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Like someone said further up the main problem with that is a lot of people have 'not looking for single guys' as a filter so they can message the single guys as they please. So If the block was implemented you'd hide yourself from thousands of potential meets "

Or, a radical idea maybe, when they are looking for single guys they can adjust their filters or come out of stealth mode? Seems quite simple to me

» Add a new message to this topic