FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > pm-ing in chat

pm-ing in chat

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *esley_C OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

There is one little niggling thing when dealing with private messages in chat... if a new pm comes in, your typing is immediately switched to that window - even when you're in the middle of typing a reply to another message... if you're not being vigilant it can result in you sending your message to the wrong recipient... Can anything be done to change this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"There is one little niggling thing when dealing with private messages in chat... if a new pm comes in, your typing is immediately switched to that window - even when you're in the middle of typing a reply to another message... if you're not being vigilant it can result in you sending your message to the wrong recipient... Can anything be done to change this?"

Agree absolutely with this. What makes it worse is when you're halfway through a message and you then get a bit of the message in each window (so it's usually read out of context to the rest of the message as well. lol) Guess us amateur typists will have to go on a 'touch typing' course so we can watch the screen while we're typing.

I thought this only happened because i was on my phone. Its soooooo annoying i dont bother going in.

"There is one little niggling thing when dealing with private messages in chat... if a new pm comes in, your typing is immediately switched to that window - even when you're in the middle of typing a reply to another message... if you're not being vigilant it can result in you sending your message to the wrong recipient... Can anything be done to change this?

Agree absolutely with this. What makes it worse is when you're halfway through a message and you then get a bit of the message in each window (so it's usually read out of context to the rest of the message as well. lol) Guess us amateur typists will have to go on a 'touch typing' course so we can watch the screen while we're typing. "

I touch type and this still catches me out, due to typing so fast I guess haha. It is very annoying!

Totally agree....very annoying!

» Add a new message to this topic