FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Hidden verifications

Hidden verifications

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *thwalescpl OP   Couple  over a year ago

brecon

I'd like to see the veri summary automatically come up on a profile if that person hides their veries.

Had a few "couples" contact us who have hidden veries, and on a few occassions it turns out that their veries are all from being on cam, and sometimes it turned out it was just the male half, leaving us no wiser as to whether it was really a cpl or not.

Even if the cam veri claims... "saw her on cam".. as we all know its way too easy to play a recorded video feed and get a veri, thus potentially having a verified fake profile.

I know meet or social veries don't guarantee a great swinging experience, but at least if you arrange to meet a couple, you know they will both exist lol!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Admin give us all tools to use as we wish and although it may not suit you, it suits a lot of other people.

You could avoid the people who's veri's and summary are hidden on their profile and find the people who do have theirs showing instead

brecon

We don't want to avoid them, some may turn out to be great fun, just looking to make it easier to out the fskes, surely that's in everyone's interests?

If we blocked, filtered or ignored various groups due to the actions of a small minority within that group, then we would end up having no-one to talk to lol!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think it should be up to the individual whether they want to show their summary or verifications. I don't want to show my summary and just show my latest verifications. There was a time a few years ago I didn't show any as its my business who I meet and one nutter on here was messaging some of my meets and hassling them. The summary is relatively new and hasn't always been a feature. People should be free to run their profiles as they want.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I've been a site member for a few years and both attend and host socials. As a result I have well over a hundred veris from every type of profile on the site and all from meeting in person.

If I showed my veri summary I could guarantee that people would make judgements based on the numbers and I would receive abuse and criticism for it.

I choose to show just a handful of the most recent veris and prefer to show the ones from one on one meets, this shows that I am genuine and when I'm looking to meet I actually meet.

If someone you'd like to meet doesn't show any veris you can always make it part of your selection criteria to ask them to show a couple of veris to you before you'll consider a meet. If they don't want to do so that is their choice but it would make your selection easier.

There should be a common sense button for people to press.

It's all a personal choice

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"We don't want to avoid them, some may turn out to be great fun, just looking to make it easier to out the fskes, surely that's in everyone's interests?

D"

We use our own common sense for that.

They may not be hidden veris, they may only have one or two from members who have since left the site therefore losing the veri. I often think it might me an idea to have a different coloured tick if all are cam meets so if the summary and veris are hidden you would know.

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

I hide mine because I don't want people to see who I meet. I used to show them but had a few difficulties so decided to take them off. Too many people sticking their nose in where it's not wanted. I don't show my summary either for similar reasons.

brecon

"We don't want to avoid them, some may turn out to be great fun, just looking to make it easier to out the fskes, surely that's in everyone's interests?

D

We use our own common sense for that. "

Ok, well in over 5 years of swinging, we have NEVER had a no- show or been let down, so I think we are doing ok where picking people to meet is concerned

I just thought this was another way of giving people information with which they could better sift the timewasters from the genuine, we often see threads started by people who complain about being let down etc

What's a summary ?

Yes whats a summary,

A posh name for an update, oh my some people ha ha

Why cnt people look at other people meeting persons,if you dnt like it dnt show your veries

Simple!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

D

Ok, well in over 5 years of swinging, we have NEVER had a no- show or been let down, so I think we are doing ok where picking people to meet is concerned

I just thought this was another way of giving people information with which they could better sift the timewasters from the genuine, we often see threads started by people who complain about being let down etc "

Having what you suggest wouldn't stop people starting threads about fakes as not everyone has the same definition as to what is a fake.

Your definition of a potential fake seems to be to have cam verifications that are hidden, lot's of people are fine with cam veri's and go on to meet those people. Admin even advise people who have no veri's to get a cam verification to start them off.

I suppose any of us could ask someone to show their veri's before carrying on chatting, then there is no wasting anyones time. ( assuming the person giving the veri has not left the site of course )There is also the option of searching for people who have meet verifications too.

Eiher way you are in the right section for your suggestion, but I hope Admin keep it as a choice.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Yes whats a summary,

A posh name for an update, oh my some people ha ha

Why cnt people look at other people meeting persons,if you dnt like it dnt show your veries

Simple! "

If you look on your account in the manage verifications bit there is an option to show your verification summary. It's a list which shows how many veris, what type and who by.

So on some profiles it will say: 6 verification by meet 2 by cam, 4 couples, 2 men, 1 tv, 1 female.

brecon

D

I just thought this was another way of giving people information with which they could better sift the timewasters from the genuine, we often see threads started by people who complain about being let down etc

Having what you suggest wouldn't stop people starting threads about fakes as not everyone has the same definition as to what is a fake.

Your definition of a potential fake seems to be to have cam verifications that are hidden, lot's of people are fine with cam veri's and go on to meet those people. Admin even advise people who have no veri's to get a cam verification to start them off.

I suppose any of us could ask someone to show their veri's before carrying on chatting, then there is no wasting anyones time. ( assuming the person giving the veri has not left the site of course )There is also the option of searching for people who have meet verifications too.

Eiher way you are in the right section for your suggestion, but I hope Admin keep it as a choice. "

We treat every profile as a potential fake, until they prove otherwise.

Visible veries are a quick, simple way of figuring out if they are at least what they claim to be, i.e. a cpl or single fem.

Whilst, for various quite genuine reasons, people are free to hide them, this option also gives the fakes a place to hide.

If the summary was to be shown, at least we would know what kind of veries they have, enabling us to make an informed choice.

Currently, the onus is on us to out the fakers and timewasters, surely asking for it to be made more difficult for them to hide can't be a bad thing?

For those that don't want people to judge them for having loads of veries, surely its easy to only accept the odd one now and then, thereby keeping your numbers low?

No one solution is going to suit everyone, but it seems odd that the phone veri option was dropped, which is virtually impossible to fake, and the cam option was kept, which is easy to fake, as is the photo verify option.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

No one solution is going to suit everyone, "

By *exxxesCouple  over a year ago

Newbury / London

For what it's worth, we find the 'summary' useful, so we hear the OP's point.

But, it needs to be switched on by the profile owner which is a bit of a shame really.

For us, 20 verifications all by cam is pretty meaningless now as we don't really play on cam these days. Our choice entirely (and yes we have a few from a couple of years back before some smart arse mentions it). We'd rather pursue interest / emails from those that actively meet, and the summary helps with that. Not that bothered about reading the actual verifications and we think those being an option to display is the right thing.

That said, you have to just gauge things sensibly, we don't look to collect verifications ourselves and we expect some other couples are the same. We've played a fair few times at clubs this year but either by chance with couples off another site or we never even bothered discussing 'websites' with them...just enjoyed the night.

So I guess the point there is that verifications are not everything, but seeing them present at least can help and the summary is good at that.

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

"I'd like to see the veri summary automatically come up on a profile if that person hides their veries.

Had a few "couples" contact us who have hidden veries, and on a few occassions it turns out that their veries are all from being on cam, and sometimes it turned out it was just the male half, leaving us no wiser as to whether it was really a cpl or not.

Even if the cam veri claims... "saw her on cam".. as we all know its way too easy to play a recorded video feed and get a veri, thus potentially having a verified fake profile.

I know meet or social veries don't guarantee a great swinging experience, but at least if you arrange to meet a couple, you know they will both exist lol!

"

hi all we find the veri summary confusing to read, ours reads , so haw do you make sense of that ? have we meet 6 men on cam or 7 couples, if you can work it out please tell me.

we think the cam veri should go. but you can not stop people veri you while on cam

1 fem.

6 men.

8 cpl.

12 meet.

7 cam.

Newbury / London

[Removed by poster at 01/08/14 12:07:14]

Newbury / London

One side tells you who has verified you by profile type, the right side tells you what sort of verifications you have.

All we would read is you've had 12 meets (combination of men, woman, couple) and 7 on cam (again combination).

We believe the numbers wont reconcile much like ours because one couple verified us twice by cam, so we got 2 cam scores but only one unique couple. Does that make sense? We could be wrong but that's how we see it.

So you have 15 unique verifiers of your profile, some of which have verified more than once as you have a total of 19 verifications.

» Add a new message to this topic