FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Fabswingers App

Fabswingers App

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Rather than the mobile site i think an app would be better with diff options for notifications etc

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

Difficult one! Development of apps is more difficult than having either a mobile site or a responsive site.

Apps only work on one type of device so you need to development across multiple devices, IOS, Windows Phone, Android, to name but a few.

Also companies like Apple and Microsoft will only allow apps that meet a standard, that's why most apps aren't available across all devices.

When I develop a website I stick with a responsive site, so it will show across multiple devices, and the development of the site is quicker and I can then get on with the content of the site.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ahh didn't realise it was so difficult thought it must have been fairly straight forward due to some of the shiter apps available lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would of loved it tbh

By *ikeDeltaMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

I've been using the mobile version for ages, then went on my iPad for the full version and it was soooooo much better. Much easier to navigate. An app would be handy but often when they're new they're full of glitches and crash all the time.

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

"Ahh didn't realise it was so difficult thought it must have been fairly straight forward due to some of the shiter apps available lol"

Not more difficult in a technical way, most people with the right software can create an app.

More in the development way! If you have a website that is responsive, i.e it changes the look relative to the device it is being viewed on. You only have to update that website. If you have App you need to do that for all the apps and the website.

Your also right about shit apps, Apple and Microsoft look at the App on their store and they have to meet a standard. Android apps where available from all over the place, so the google App store is looking at tightening up on their Apps too.

Download an App from anywhere other than an official App store is not a good idea, malware, viruses and worms are all possible.

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

Would a fab app make it into the iOS store?

Building say twitter/facebook alerts into site might be as useful.

Though suspect many like ability to close site and clear history. App is too visible when friend grabs phone or push message appears when at work

» Add a new message to this topic